N-Europe

Screensaver appearing in full screen mode

EEVILMURRAY

Normally when you make something full screen, like a movie or whatnot the screensaver doesn't come up. But recently it's started turning itself on. So I have to go into the settings and turn it off and then reactivating it after I've finished watching whatever (Which at the moment are many episodes of South Park)

Is there a remedy for this?

I never quite understood screensavers. They do nothing except cause your computer to use up more power when you're not using it.

Just had a look in the settings. I'm positive older versions of Windows had an option for disabling the screensaver when something is full-screen. It doesn't seem to exist any more.

I never quite understood screensavers. They do nothing except cause your computer to use up more power when you're not using it.

I thought it was to stop screen burn.

I just don't understand why it's happening now. I've had this PC for years and it's never done it.

I was gonna say, who even uses screensavers anymore?!

What sort of a screen are you on anyway? I'd maybe recommend just getting rid of a screensaver, or used power saving options to shutoff screen after idle etc

I thought it was to stop screen burn.

I just don't understand why it's happening now. I've had this PC for years and it's never done it.

On CRT monitors (fat monitors) that is correct. However with LCD monitors (flat) that's not an issue and therefore screensavers are pointless (as they always were, turn your monitor off).

Are you using a mediaplayer or is it a flashvideo on a website. If it's the latter I have the same problem that my monitor turn off after 10 minutes (because I set it to turn off after 10 mins idle) and I'm not sure there's a solution to that because as far as I understand it the media player applications tell the system that it's not idle and therefore shouldn't do any of the power saving stuff.