NEurope
Murr

Project Cafe: HD Remakes?

Ubisoft would surely put the Beyond Good & Evil HD remake on Project Cafe, wouldn't they?

Not unless it featured dancing and/or rabbids.

Not unless it featured dancing and/or rabbids.

Rabbids I'd take, dancing not so much. Rabbids rabidly dancing...? Maybe. ;)

Bunnies just wanna have fun!

Whats an HD slot?

The point I was making is that HD (to me) was about utilising the improvement in TV technologies. Nintendo will embrace this this generation so, combined with the hardware, things will look a lot better.

However, HD remakes?

I'm not so sure Nintendo will go down this route as whenever they re-release a title it is usually for a special occasion or to demonstrate a new feature of a console. I think cafe will have more than just HD to show off.

Longterm, if Nintendo have embraced the online cultures we see on other consoles things will possibly be in line with what we have already seen on the VC (Namely original titles in their original glories).

Of course, I'm all for being proved wrong!

Longterm, if Nintendo have embraced the online cultures we see on other consoles things will possibly be in line with what we have already seen on the VC (Namely original titles in their original glories).

Of course, I'm all for being proved wrong!

I believe that most N64 titles on the Virtual Console run at a higher resolution than the original games.

Just include a feature that allows Wii and Gamecube games to be rendered in 1080p. There's no need to remake them.

I'm pretty much with Emasher there..

I'd much rather have Nintendo concentrate on new installments of existing franchises that really go beyond what they have achieved in the past as well as a couple of new franchises, of course :hehe:

Although I really wanted to see sequels to games like F-Zero GX and Wave Race: Blue Storm to appear on the Wii, what could they really have done to them to improve these fantastic GC games using the Wii hardware..? Online play would be an obvious addition, but what else ::shrug:

Project Café will hopefully give Nintendo the opportunity to take the next big leap with many of their games. I can't help but think how beautiful the water could look in a new Wave Race or the breath-taking views you could experience in a new 1080 game with an avalanche clipping at your heels..

Edited by nekunando

Just include a feature that allows Wii and Gamecube games to be rendered in 1080p. There's no need to remake them.

We saw how well that "just" worked, even with merely emulating PS2 games on the earlier PS3s. Something like the dolphin isn't a measure to go by either, because this requires an absolute beast of a PC and includes lots of work from the emulator team and fine tuning by the user, just to get single games to work.

1:1 backwards compatibility for Wii games is probably the best we can hope for.

I'd be totally in for a Windwaker HD-port as downloadable game. Wii games are a bit too recent IMO.

Although I really wanted to see sequels to games like F-Zero GX and Wave Race: Blue Storm to appear on the Wii, what could they really have done to them to improve these fantastic GC games using the Wii hardware..? Online play would be an obvious addition, but what else ::shrug:

Well, the Wii is actually more powerful than the GC, so there would obviously be improved graphics and physics. But Waverace as well as 1080 would have benefited hugely from much longer single player modes. The GC outings had a few cups and that was it.

I don't think that very many Nintendo owned franchises would benefit too much from Café remakes. I'd love to see some sort of Metal Gear Solid trilogy pack, containing MGS: Twin Snakes, MGS: Sons of Liberty and MGS: Snake Eater with HD updated graphics. And I would love to see Time Splitters: Future Perfect with HD and an online mode.

PERHAPS I think Nintendo could create complete remake of Excitebike 64, with totaly remade graphics and an online mode. But if they'd do that, I'd just wonder why they didn't just release a proper sequel with a more modern single player campaign and a modern physics engine.

I'd much rather have Nintendo concentrate on new installments of existing franchises that really go beyond what they have achieved in the past as well as a couple of new franchises, of course :hehe:

Changing two values (resolution) and then sorting out bugs it brings about is very, very different to creating a brand new game.

Changing two values (resolution) and then sorting out bugs it brings about is very, very different to creating a brand new game.

If the PS3 updates are anything to go by then this is exactly how it would be done.

Personally, i don't want any rehashes (as much as i would probably buy Sunshine or Wind Waker again) I want originality and freshness now!

Reggie just said on Gametrailers the Wii U will not upscale Wii games to HD... Wii games we're built to the confines of the Wii hardware and are not capable of upscaling to HD... they'll run and look the same.

Reggie just said on Gametrailers the Wii U will not upscale Wii games to HD... Wii games we're built to the confines of the Wii hardware and are not capable of upscaling to HD... they'll run and look the same.

Think those who have fiddled with the Dolphin Emulator will argue against that :P