NEurope
Murr

Project Cafe: HD Remakes?

Some more food for thought, and another thread idea that i've ripped from IGN ;)

they wrote an article on the idea of Nintendo re-releasing games from Wii & even Cube era in HD - http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1171600p1.html

What do you guys think on that idea? do you see that as a given anyway? And if they did re-release Wii & Cube games in HD, what would you like to see?

lastly, the games that were created for Wii control only (Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns etc) Would you like to see these again on standard controller format?

Wind Waker in 1080p would be glorious. I never actually completed it so if they re made that (including the missing dungeons) it would be sensational!

I want to see LttP remade in a OoT/TP/basically 3D style. HD or no HD, I care not.

Probably wouldn't turn out great/be worth their money, though. I can only wish...

Wind Waker in 1080p would be glorious. I never actually completed it so if they re made that (including the missing dungeons) it would be sensational!

Interesting, could probably look quite beautiful in HD. Not that I've ever really been that bothered by HD for Ninty stuff.

Wind Waker in 1080p would be glorious.

First reply gets it right! Add in the extra dungeons and you have yourself something very special.

To be fair I think most Nintendo games would look great in HD due to most of them using bright and vivid colours.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'd prefer it if Nintendo got away from remakes... But I highly doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Not that bothered on remakes, if backwards compatibility upscales they'd be pointless anyway. Extra content would make me think twice, but I'd really prefer some new games.

I'm guessing by "HD remake" they essentially mean the exact same game but rendered in HD.

Wind Waker would be the best one to do it - cleaner games seem to benefit it a lot more. I hope they do some N64 games, too - Banjo-Kazooie looked great in HD.

Does a thread like this highlight us living in the past and wanting old games rather than new ones because the new ones are simply put a bit crap and not living up to standard? I do find the idea of remakes, and demand for them, intriguing. I also am very cynical towards Ninty these days, in case it wasn't obvious.

Not necessarily. Id say its more about the fact that most people have HD TVs now and would like to play their all time favorites in high def.

I wouldnt read too much into it. Surely the same people in this thread want new games as well?

I don't think HD was ever anything that Nintendo actively bought into to 'enhance' gaming.

Tell me where it actually makes a definitive gameplay enhancement that Nintendo could successfully use and they may then run with HD remakes.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking from gamers who have enjoyed better graphics on other systems which uses their shiny new TV's HD slot.

My answer in brief... I hope they don't but they probably will. But let's face it, if they release another Animal Crossing game then that will be an HD remake effectively as they probably add ver little in :p

Hold on.... I thought a lot of these were actually MADE in very high definition of their time( especially wii games) and THEN compressed to fit on the machine?

It explains why games like super mario galay look so good in 1080p on the dolphin emulator.

I don't think HD was ever anything that Nintendo actively bought into to 'enhance' gaming.

Tell me where it actually makes a definitive gameplay enhancement that Nintendo could successfully use and they may then run with HD remakes.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking from gamers who have enjoyed better graphics on other systems which uses their shiny new TV's HD slot.

Whats an HD slot?

I'm not so sure its a good idea, a huge amount of resources are required to 'upscale' a game; I don't think its a profitable move. Oh, I'm spoiling things...

Metroid Prime Trilogy has to be on my list, absolutely. As does Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Has anyone mentioned Mario Galaxy? I'm with you on F-Zero GX - although i'd rather see Sega charged with developing a brand new game.

It certainly would, i've replayed it recently and it still looks amazingly vibrant, with some updated textures it would make a nice pack in game or a great virtual console HD game

I want to see LttP remade in a OoT/TP/basically 3D style. HD or no HD, I care not.

Probably wouldn't turn out great/be worth their money, though. I can only wish...

I've wanted this for years, its more likely to happen for the 3DS, and i'm ok with this

I want to see a skies of arcadia HD remake

F-Zero GX HD, that's all I need.

With online.

As awesome as that sounds, it just wouldn't work without huge changes to the game engine. GX is extremely broken, you'd have people just flying around the finishing line and finishing the race in a few seconds. :hmm:

An F-Zero X HD remake on the other hand, that'd be perfect for online play.

I'm all for it - all the classics upscaled to 1080p, and I think you could improve the framerate too without it being a proper remake. Ocarina of Time on the N64 runs at 20fps. What I'd like is for the framerate to be tripled to 60fps - not necessarily any extra frames of animation, I just want it to run super-smoothly and the walls to go past without any judder.

As well as Ocarina, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are a must. You know, the usual suspects. I suppose sprite games would need to be selected more carefully for HD remakes, but I'm sure there are a lot of SNES games that would be worth it.

Two words: Paper Mario

Uhhm,... that'd be hwun woyd followed by a Mexican name!!!! However, '5 syllables' is acceptable. : peace:

Ahem, sorry humans. Same as the dude said above ↑ ↑ upgraded versions of "the usual suspects" would be welcome some with a li'l added sum'n sum'n to make the remake more attractive

But also like what the other dude said ↑ ↑ I'd also like not only new and improved versiions of ALL 'The Usual Suspects', but also new IP's/Franchises etc :bowdown:

Wii Music HD anyone? :grin:

Ubisoft would surely put the Beyond Good & Evil HD remake on Project Cafe, wouldn't they?

I don't know if HD remakes of Nintendo games would really do anything for the games themselves. :confused: *Puts on thinking cap* Could I get DK Jungle Beat HD please. I don't own it and DK's fur in HD would be tasty.