N-Europe

Spartacus

Daft

tumblr_llyd0uQPv21qa158co1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1306773731&Signature=dH%2Fcjdfl%2FK4zjgHqZaFWdSqKZgU%3D

Okay, so I just finished the Gods of the Arena prequel season.

SO FUCKING GOOD.

I think this is probably the most enjoyable thing I've ever watched on television. Ever.

Which is pretty amazing since I thought the first half hour of the first ever episode was some of the worst television I've ever seen.

Anyone else watch this?

Watched both Blood and Sand and Gods or the Arena. Both bloody (pun intended) awesome.

Looking forward to the Blood and Sands season 2, be interesting to see where they take it, though will be weird without Andy Whitfield as Spartacus, he was excellent in the role.

Yeah, Andy Whitfield was pretty freaking awesome. It's a real shame he couldn't carry on. But I'm not going to rule out the new guy, plus the supporting cast is excellent which softens the blow a bit.

Also, Gannicus is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to see him back.

Yeah, Andy Whitfield was pretty freaking awesome. It's a real shame he couldn't carry on. But I'm not going to rule out the new guy, plus the supporting cast is excellent which softens the blow a bit.

Also, Gannicus is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to see him back.

Is he coming back? For Blood and Sand season 2? That would be awesome... though again would have been even more awesome with Andy in leading role.

When I watched GotA I always wondered what would happen if Gannicus and Spartacus crossed paths

Also with season 2

will be weird without John Hannah and Lucy Lawless (woot we saw her boobies :D), they were awesome. Thats another reason I loved GotA, we got to see more of them :)

I watched some of this and have it on series link recorded. I don't know where I am though as I started watching halfway through a series where crixus was just a bearded warrior and the season ended with the death of father batiatus and started watching again when crixus was now the champion of the land and young batiatus was skint!

I watched some of this and have it on series link recorded. I don't know where I am though as I started watching halfway through a series where crixus was just a bearded warrior and the season ended with the death of father batiatus and started watching again when crixus was now the champion of the land and young batiatus was skint!

You watched the "Gods of the Arena" which was a preqeul (breaded Crixus).... and are now somewhere in "Blood and Sand" the first season... if you are watching on Sky One I think they are only at ep 4 now of B&S?

Is he coming back? For Blood and Sand season 2? That would be awesome... though again would have been even more awesome with Andy in leading role.

When I watched GotA I always wondered what would happen if Gannicus and Spartacus crossed paths

Also with season 2

will be weird without John Hannah and Lucy Lawless (woot we saw her boobies :D), they were awesome. Thats another reason I loved GotA, we got to see more of them :)

Gannicus was historically one of Sparticus' generals (along with Crixus) or something. Plus, the exchange with Crixus at the end of GotA also indicates it's a dead cert.

And now that I think about it I read an interview where they said he would be back. :heh:

GotA was meant to be a flashback episode for Season 2 but with Andy being ill they turned it into a prequel series. Glad they did now because I definitely felt it added to the whole thing.

Yeah, no Hannah or Lawless is going to be weird. They were both so awesome.

Normally with prequels I'm like pfffft, but this totally worked. I 'get' a lot of the characters more.

Love this series so much.

• 8 months later...

*Bump*

Anyone started watching Spartacus Vengence?

I only just watched the first ep now.... forgot it started this month (had April in my head... somehow confused it with Game of Thrones I guess).

Was a good ep. Finding it weird though without Andy Whitfield, might take a few eps to get used to the new guy (how many eps will this have, 13 aswell?).

When they first showed him my first thoughs were... "he looks too clean" and not rough enough... something in the eyes. Didn't have that spark Whitfield had.

Though towards the end of the ep I started to get a more "Spartacus" feel from him.

Also....spoilers....

Was frakking surprised and shocked when I saw Lucretia still alive... how in the hell is she still alive? Surely the wound would have needed medical attention? Yet it seems nobody even knew she was still alive and I don't know what the time frame was between the end of Blood and Sand and this but even if it was just a week surely she should have at least starved by now?

Also the end of the ep was shocking. First Varo dies in Blood & Sand then 1 ep into Vengence and his wife is dead too. :o Don't blame Aurelia for asking Spartacus to stay away from her son though :heh:

EDIT:

Oh yeah I also ordered a BluRay boxset of Blood & Sand and Gods of the Arena, hopefully have it here by Friday and might try watch it all over the weekend :D

Just watched episode 2, enjoyed and I think I'm now used to the new guy as Spartacus, that was sooner than I expected.

I enjoyed the little flashback scenes for Oenomaus past... that first kill scene at the start was brutal.

Also it only just hit me that Ilithyia's baby is probably more likely to be Spartacus' rather than Glaber's

Also when the hell is Ganicus gonna reappear.... I can't wait to see that first moment between him and Crixsus when he does return.

EDIT:

OMFG, I did not know Andy Whitfield actually passed away last September 11th :cry:

I knew he had cancer and but I thought I read that he was doing well... though not beaten it... after watching the Ep2 of Vengence I thought I'd google to check up an his status and saw he has already passed? How did I not know this till now... damn that is a shame.

Also now wondering why the first ep didn't have a "In Memory of" thing for him at the end of the ep or something.

:cry: RIP

Edited by Mokong

Episode 2 has one of the greatest lines of anything EVER.

"Tiberius, I would finish, place cock in ass"

I nearly choked on a doughnut when the character said that.

Haha yeah If I was drinking at the time I could have spewed it all over the room, haha.

FYI to anyone who hasn't started watching it yet, Sky One has started showing it today. I only just spotted it is on now and it is Ep 1 of Vengence.

So Sundays at 11pm is when Sky One show it, ep1 is almost over now but I'm sure it'll be repeated during the week at least once on either Sky One or Sky Two

EDIT:

Oh and I also took inspiration from Spartacus for teh title of my most recent YT vid "We Shall Have Words"... although the vid is not Spartacus related at all, but I couldn't think of a title and when I heard Crixus say that line in Ep2 I thought it suited the vid :D

EDIT

Also now wondering why the first ep didn't have a "In Memory of" thing for him at the end of the ep or something.

:cry: RIP

Ah just was watching the Sky One showing of Ep1 and there actually was a "In Memory of" thing for Andy Whitfield at the end of the credits...maybe it was cut off in where I had seen Ep1 previously?