NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

Has there ever been a year without war?

I think the first year after the Big Bang while everything [tiny microscopic organisms as they were] was trying to figure out how they worked was quite a peaceful time.

Before the dark times... Before the Empire.

I think the first year after the Big Bang while everything [tiny microscopic organisms as they were] was trying to figure out how they worked was quite a peaceful time.

Before the dark times... Before the Empire.

wtfamireading.jpg

wtfamireading.jpg

Oh you're from North America.

On the seventh day when God rested...

Oh you're from North America.

On the seventh day when God rested...

He means that microscopic organism were hardly around one year after the big bang.

He means that microscopic organism were hardly around one year after the big bang.

Yeah I know.

Hardly around still means there were some.

And even if there weren't any, I'm sure there wasn't any warring going on.

Hardly around still means there were some.

And even if there weren't any, I'm sure there wasn't any warring going on.

Just so we're clear: the first life (on Earth at least) was around 3.5 billion years ago. The Big Bang was 13.7 billion years ago. The Earth wasn't even formed until 4.5 billion years ago.

So yes, I guess you could say there was no warring before life, but that's a fairly meaningless statement.

And atoms didn't form until 300,000 years after the big bang. But this is a bit OT.

I've been looking through Wikipedia to find the last year without a war and I stumbled across this:

Wikipedia reference-linkThree_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years%27_War

Now this is just rather Scilly.

So yes, I guess you could say there was no warring before life, but that's a fairly meaningless statement.

If it lasted a year and there was no war, it is not meaningless. It answers the question of this topic perfectly.

If it lasted a year and there was no war, it is not meaningless. It answers the question of this topic perfectly.

But there would be not be a "year". There would also not be the concept of war. Therefore there couldn't be a year without war.

I guess they were insignificant. :heh:

Yeah, the Mongol Empire was also pretty insignificant.

But there would be not be a "year".

I'll take that. Whenever the first year was, I'm betting there was no war.

There would also not be the concept of war. Therefore there couldn't be a year without war.

There you go, if it didn't exist it could've have happened.

Just so we're clear: the first life (on Earth at least) was around 3.5 billion years ago. The Big Bang was 13.7 billion years ago. The Earth wasn't even formed until 4.5 billion years ago.

You make it sound as if we're only talking about war on Earth. Granted a long time ago in a galaxy far far away there was a fair bit of war.

Anyways, at a time where time existed and war was not a concept. There was a time where there was no war. If that time lasted a year, job done.

In a Biblical sense, how long did it take for Adam and Eve to fuck things up in the Garden of Eden?

In a Biblical sense, how long did it take for Adam and Eve to fuck things up in the Garden of Eden?

48 seconds.

</thread>

That was made far more awesome by also watching your sig move with the music

Yeah, the Mongol Empire was also pretty insignificant.

D'oh! I noticed that while watching the video, but forgot to bring it up! :p

@arab_freak: The Reconquista allowed the Iberian Peninsula to become what it is today, indirectly causing America to be what it is today. Among other things.

And the Portuguese colonial war was hardly insignificant.

But I'll shut up now.

Sign in to follow this