N-Europe

My brothers site

Sarka

Photo's of cattle and stuff.....

Hohoho very witty :p

Stock photography is photos taken by people who then give them away for use in design and art and that kind of thing. For example pictures of fruit on plain white backgrounds, rocks, benches, consumer products, beaches, landscapes... well... anything :) Most photographers usually ask that credit is given if the picture is used for commercial gain, some charge for each picture - other happy snappers just hand them out for nothing.

Thanks for the comments, my brother appericiates feedback on his site.

Yeah, our family like the whole what I call the "GameFAQ's" style, with barely any images. Also, it is a blog, so that may be why it looks bloggish.

Also, I still don't see where he used stock photography, any photos he took himself, although I still don't quite understand the meaning of stock photography.

Thanks for the comments, my brother appericiates feedback on his site.

Yeah, our family like the whole what I call the "GameFAQ's" style, with barely any images. Also, it is a blog, so that may be why it looks bloggish.

Also, I still don't see where he used stock photography, any photos he took himself, although I still don't quite understand the meaning of stock photography.

I didn't say it was stock, I just said I assumed it was. Stock photography is just photos that people take and then allow other people to use. I'll give you an example. In this webdesign, see the woman? That was originally a stock photo, which someone took and used in their webdesign with the permission of the original photographer. Underneath the design is a link to the photographer who did the original stock.