N-Europe

South Park

Beast

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality of the show seems to be getting back little by little to where it was in its glory days now. If only they would start bringing back some of the characters who've disappeared over the years to replace the generic characters they keep adding in these days, it would be perfect.

Hmm, so South Park's back to being average again... such a shame.

The two episodes were pretty good, but I think they would have ran out of steam with that concept pretty quickly if they had kept going.

On a lighter note, my favourite episode is still Rainforest Schmainforest*, the first from season 3. Who'd have though Jennifer Aniston would be such a good addition to the show? :heh:

*If we work on the assumption that Scott Tenorman Must Die is not included because that's everyone's favourite.

Yes, because when every other word was replaced with the sound of someone shitting it was well above average.

Yes, that's what made it good. :rolleyes:

What I meant was that for the first time since season 11 started, the show had a true grip on me. These last 5 seasons have been terribly uninteresting with the exception of a couple of episodes. The only reason I've stuck around is for those moments of greatness, which are becoming rarer and rarer. This will probably be the last season I watch whole...

And like it or not, you're getting old broke the mold and actually dared to be thrilling again... I thought it was a sign of the end of times and that they were talking 'bout themselves (which fit perfectly into the whole "everything you do lately is shit" motto, since these last seasons have been mostly shit). But hey, it turns out Matt and Trey are in it for the money after all, since they still see fit to keep the show alive. Oh well, I guess I thought it was a sign of integrity, but then again it wasn't.

The two episodes were pretty good, but I think they would have ran out of steam with that concept pretty quickly if they had kept going.

On a lighter note, my favourite episode is still Rainforest Schmainforest*, the first from season 3. Who'd have though Jennifer Aniston would be such a good addition to the show? :heh:

*If we work on the assumption that Scott Tenorman Must Die is not included because that's everyone's favourite.

What 'bout the Jennifer Lopez in Cartman's hand episode? That one's fantastic!!

Meh, recently the only good "classic mold" episode's been You have 0 friends.

And like it or not, you're getting old broke the mold and actually dared to be thrilling again...

It broke the mold yes, but I don't think that everything sounding like shit was an attempt to be thrilling. I understand the reference to themselves they may/may not have been intending. But it doesn't dispute the fact that both episodes were boring as fuck.

What 'bout the Jennifer Lopez in Cartman's hand episode? That one's fantastic!!

Meh, recently the only good "classic mold" episode's been You have 0 friends.

I wasn't really too keen on that one...I get why most other people like it but I just found it sort of irritating. Another favourite episode would be Casa Bonita. You Have 0 Friends is brilliant as well, it captures some aspects of Facebook so well. I think I've watched that one like 6 times now.

I played Red Rover but I've not played anything to that extent. I'd like to now, haha!

I have no idea what Red Rover is, but I remember as a kid there was this forest beside the school I went to, and my friends and I used to go in there at lunch, build stick forts, and try to sneak into those made by other groups.

Those are probably some of my favorite childhood memories.

It broke the mold yes, but I don't think that everything sounding like shit was an attempt to be thrilling. I understand the reference to themselves they may/may not have been intending. But it doesn't dispute the fact that both episodes were boring as fuck.

I didn't like the second one. It basically ruined You're getting old. As for you're getting old being boring, what can I tell you... that's your opinion. I didn't find it boring at all, neither did most of the fan community. I've watched it at least 3 times... If you found it boring, I believe it's YOUR problem. I mean, really, it got hailed and acclaimed as one of the best eps in the last few years for a reason...

I didn't like the second one. It basically ruined You're getting old.

I found it brought it to a satisfying conclusion, that it was just a brief blip in Stan's life and Cartman saying "I'll take these to the flavour enhancer" made it all the more entertaining.

As for you're getting old being boring, what can I tell you...

I'm all ears.

that's your opinion...

If you found it boring, I believe it's YOUR problem.

GET THE FUCK OUT?! really? There I was blaming the French the whole time as always. Who'd have thought something I had a problem with would be my problem? Thanks for solving that badass brainteaser.

I mean, really, it got hailed and acclaimed as one of the best eps in the last few years for a reason...

I know! and it still boggles me how this opinion was reached. Like I said, I know what they were trying to portray, and what others assumed it meant - Parker and Stone have said they still enjoy making episodes. So for those who found themselves disappointed in thinking it was some climatic finale, that's THEIR problem (Who'd have known?)

I think what must've fucked it over for me was that they overdid the shit noises. I actually remember laughing when the duck quacked shit, but apart from that it was just dull. Not unlike Bart's shortlived "I didn't do it." career in that Simpsons episode.

I liked You're Getting Old but when they did another episode of Stan thinking everything's shitty and getting drunk just to keep the 'shittiness' away, I thought they'd keep on dwelling on it, which would make it boring as hell and too over-the-top but I'm glad they didn't.

I did like the episodes but I do think the 'everything sounds like shit' thing was overdone in the first. In the second episode it was just used as a marker to show what mood/state Stan is in but in the first episode it was a very much over-used joke. However, I think there was enough going on in the episode for me to enjoy it despite them milking the shit thing.

This entire season has been full of excellent episodes that have had me in stitches.

South Park has always polarised people, it'll never change. Every show has dud episodes, South Park being no exception. To be honest I never thought it was declining in quality, but then again I found Mr. Mackey being launched around by the force of his diarrhoea hilarious, so that must say something about my standards.

I will, however, add that I was really hoping this season would see some serious fallout from the mid-season cliffhanger. It was a very effective and telling episode on how Matt and Trey were feeling at the time. I have no problems with everything returning to hilarious normality, but I can't help but wonder where that kinda South Park could have gone to...

Edited by Guy

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!