N-Europe

Chinese Food

ReZourceman

my favourite being char si bao, which are big cloudy buns of pork and win:

meisum4.jpg

Just to chip in: these badboys are off the hook. Good Dim Sum is just...argh. Too good. It's as close to real Chinese as you get on this godforsaken rock, but like Grunch says it's hard to find. Ditch the takeaway guff and find a place if you can, though. It'll change your life.

Unfortunately I've never actually had an authentic chinese meal :/ It's mainly takeaways for me unfortunately. Indian food from takeaways is brilliantly bad compared to actual indian food. That said it actually tastes fairly good...

I'm quite boring when it comes to Chinese food. I had a ton when I was with my ex, we used to try different things. But, Prawn balls, rice and satay sauce is too heavenly. Plus, Chinese is a rarity for me, so...I think of that as my little treat.

Satay Sauce is a killer, though. Too nice.

I've been to Beijing and the food was really bad, it didn't paint a good impression of Chinese food. We had to buy our meals from Macdonalds. Normally I wouldn't touch fast food, but it felt like fine cuisine.

We were greeted at one restaurant close to Wangfujing by a little boy, who dropped his trousers at the door and urinated on the street. They served us noodles with something resembling dog food thrown on top..:shakehead It was a meal so terrible I will never forget it for the rest of my life. The noodles were from a big bowl of cold noodles that looked as if it had been lying around behind the counter for the whole day.

Chinese food is much tastier in Malaysia. I've only ever tasted Chinese food here in the UK in china town and the food there is simply ok.