NEurope
jayseven

Bank Holiday Madness!

I'm a student, so I'm just going to carry on revising. All the days are blurring into each at the moment anyway.

Being a swimming teacher we took the same two weeks off the schools took. Cant afford to take any more days off unless we're forced to by the venue so I'm working as normal which is good, because I don't get paid holidays.

Days I am off will be spent studying/working on Club Glasgow.

I work in a hotel. Christmas barely applies to me, Bank Holidays certainly don't. All you peeps working in retail think you have it bad? Hotels are open 365 days of the year. Major harsh, right??

Oh well. I'd only end up getting bored anyway. I know i would. So i'm not too jealous. Just one third jealous, or something...

Same here, if I hadn't booked it off as holiday I'd end up working. The main store will close but the pr0 petrol station remains open.

I'm using some holidays on top of what we're already getting which sees me off today, Monday through Friday then May day. Good times.

If all goes to plan I'll be playing the Royal Wedding Drinking Game, which I found on facebook. The rules...

1. If the Queen is on the screen you must be drinking. The woman has ruled the country for over 50 years, the least you can do is get destroyed in her honour.

2. Any time Prince Harry appears all players must produce a Nazi salute. The last player to do so must consume 5 fingers/mouthfuls for their poor reactions.

3. If Elton John is spotted the last person to shout "Candle in the Wind" must drink 5.

4. Any time time paralells are drawn to the Diana and Charles wedding (or any previous Royal Wedding for that matter), by commentators or otherwise, all players must consume 3 fingers/mouthfuls of their drink.

5.We're British (or shall assume the role for the day), which means we're a simple folk who enjoy comforts such as bacon and beer. With this in mind then, what better way to greet our anthem than with a hearty chug. As a result when the National Anthem is playing, everyone must be stood up and drinking. (Cheers to Will Sugg for inspiring this rule)

6.William will one day become king of this fine country, a fact that needs to be celebrated no? Every time the word "future" is said, in the mentioned context or not, an amount no less than 1 finger must be added to the "Future Kings Cup" by any player. This should then go in a clockwise direction from the first player to do so everytime future is mentioned, to ensure the cup has a good mix of drinks.

(Cheers to Sam Baggot for inspiring this rule)

7. And following on from Rule 6, The last person to shout "God save the future King!" upon the proclamation of "I now pronounce you man and wife" has to down the Future King's Cup. I fear for those that are last here, I really do.

(Cheers to Dick Sharp for inspiring this rule)

8. Prince Phillip has found a warm place in many of our hearts, his "Racist Grandad" appeal simply too hard too dislike. As a result, whenever he is shown independant of the Queen (to avoid complications with rule 1), the last player to shout "Bloody Foreigners" must drink 3 fingers. Penalties can be awarded for anyone who makes no attempt to imitate his accent.

9. Prime Ministers never tend to be popular, but our current one is hated even by those standards. So to allow you all to "stick it to da man" whenever our fearless leader David Cameron appears on screen, the first player to shout "Cunt" (substitute for a less offensive word if necessary) is allowed to come up with a rule of their own. Enjoy your one chance at tyranny!

10.Whenever the union flag appears on screen, the first to shout "rule brittania" is bestowed with the honor of delegating four measures however they see fit, one for each nation of the UK. This can either be to single player, or spread amongst them. Make sure our great flag is honoured with the drinking it deserves!

May not play it properly as I doubt I'm going to get all my friends over to watch the royal wedding, but I'll certainly be doing my best with the few people who will be here :D

I work in a hotel. Christmas barely applies to me, Bank Holidays certainly don't. All you peeps working in retail think you have it bad? Hotels are open 365 days of the year. Major harsh, right??

Oh well. I'd only end up getting bored anyway. I know i would. So i'm not too jealous. Just one third jealous, or something...

Crazy people don't stop being crazy, neither. You aren't the only one!

(he says, having a choice to work)

My shifts have fallen quite well for the bank holidays, i have booked a few of my shifts off as well so i am getting 2 weeks ago using less annual leave days for it, yay!

I'm off Monday/Tuesday/Friday, then mayday. Wasn't able to take leave so I'm in every day we're open.

We've had to organise the urgent care clinics so work has been mayhem throughout the entire week. Our first week of organising them and they give us 4 public holidays...thanks! LOL. Been on the phone pretty much all day every day this week. Solid crazy. Its not normal to be on the phone constantly in my office as we have other work to do.. complete wipeout... i'm in need of a holiday!

I've had nothing but abuse thanks to the public holiday clinics so I'm not a fan of public holidays :p