NEurope
ReZourceman

Grand National 2011

What's the point? I can understand betting money in a game you're actively playing, but betting on the horses/odds of things like X Factor just seems like a WISH to get rid of your money.

What's the point? I can understand betting money in a game you're actively playing, but betting on the horses/odds of things like X Factor just seems like a WISH to get rid of your money.

Bit of fun innit.

I'd forgotten about it til I saw your status, I shall be placing a couple of bets on my way home from getting my tyre fixed, depending how much that ends up costing me.

Bluesea Cracker

Niche Market

Becauseicouldn'tsee

Picked those, hopefully I'll get something. Aside from the lotto, this is the only gambling I do all year :p

I've won something the last 2 years (only small amounts) so hopefully my streak will continue!

Just put down a spread from a tenner, £1 each way on the two favourites at 10-1 Don't Push It and The Midnight Club, 50p each ways on a few others; Can't Buy Time(50-1) Comply or Die(40-1), What A Friend(14-1), Silver by Nature(12-1 bloody odds changed when I was deciding), Big Fella Thanks(16-1 also changed from 20-1) and Grand Slam Hero at 66-1.

As you can see I'm hoping for an outsider place :p

Are there any on at 100-1? Was funny when Mon Mome (or whatever it was called) won

Yeah Ladbrokes offer a few at that, I *nearly* went for one of them, but thought I'd better not as I was getting carried away. There was also one at 150-1, but I don't recall either of them. Really, I'll be happy if I just get 50p back :D

It's illegal in some sports to bet on a game you're involved in..

Anway I've stuck a £1 each way on

Don't Push It - 8/1

Thats Rhythm - 150/1

The Tother One - 80/1

The Grand National is the only horse racing I bet on, just a bit of fun.

martinist: Silver By Nature 12/1

I've got this bad boy too.

Niche Market

Silver By Nature

West End Rocker

Or Noir De Somoza

Quinz

Don't Push It

Surface To Air

Grand Slam Hero

Just seen Thats Rhythm now has odds of 50/1, laugh myself to the bookies later if he comes in!

Damn I had niche market each way but it came 5th. Bloody state of play (who I've bet on the last 2 times and won money with) came 4th - should've bet on him again.

Damn I had niche market each way but it came 5th. Bloody state of play (who I've bet on the last 2 times and won money with) came 4th - should've bet on him again.

Why would you betray your winner if he's still running! Bad choice :p

The newspaper told me he wouldn't come anywhere decent :(

He did pull up from quite far back though

First to fall lol.

Fucking just my luck after I got excited! xD

At least Don't Push It came in third so I get some return.

Gutted, had monies on Santa's Son who was in the lead for awhile but failed.

Also had some bets on Comply or Die, Backstage and Arbo something. I only bet on it because it reminded me of Arbok.

I WON! :D

So I had Silver by Nature, What A Friend and Ballebriggs (can't spell it...) each way. I never go for a win since the time when I backed three horses each on a £1 win and the buggers placed second, third and fourth!

Didn't anybody here have Ballebriggs?

I WON! :D

So I had Silver by Nature, What A Friend and Ballebriggs (can't spell it...) each way. I never go for a win since the time when I backed three horses each on a £1 win and the buggers placed second, third and fourth!

Didn't anybody here have Ballebriggs?

How much did you in?

£7.50

Not really much but I'm happy with it. I don't gamble anyway, just only on The Grand National. I don't even know where the other two horses went!

I like to think that in an alternate universe somewhere, the horses bet on which human is going to win the race.

Neeeeeeigh.

I've never bet on this, usually because I'm skint and I'm not really a gambling man. So, I put on imaginary money, and if my horse comes in then wohoo. And, if it falls at the start, then it's just imaginary money, so there's plenty more where that came from.

SADFACE :(

I'm drunk but I do believe I've lost myself £6! Sad times. What's more annoying is my mum said to bet on Oscar Time and now she probably won't let it go that he placed!

I didn't even get to see the race and have all awesome tensenesss/exciteedness!