N-Europe

Bladerunner sequel/prequels :(

flameboy

Temple of Doom is definitely a prequel. I think the only reason they did this is so he wasn't fighting Nazis again.

Also, Christopher Nolan sites Blade Runner as one of his favorite movies. It'd be great if he could direct the sequel/prequel if it happens (I'm hoping it doesn't). The Prestige had a reference to Blade Runner in it. Think fingers.

Yeah it was because they didn't want to have Nazis in it, but then it does make it very weird in Raiders when Indy is so adamant that there is no such thing as voodoo magicy witch craft stuff... when he only experienced in a year or so ago.

yeah but then equally there are some references to stuff that works the other way round...I'm gonna have have to find them because mind drawing a blank at the moment

Batman Begins was okay.

I love you, so I forgive.

I agree with Iun that calling Batman Begins okay doesn't do the movie justice, considering how great it is. :smile:

You I don't love: prepare for buttock-related doom.

Batman Begins is a better made film that TDK. TDK has Heath Joker in it which made it outstanding.

Heath Ledger was the only good thing about that film. Oh, and the fact that it ended. That was also good.

Well, not so much "good" as it was "welcome". It was like that sense of relief you get after holding in a dump for a few days - the pain is over, all you feel is happy the whole thing is done and dusted.

Wait what? Godfather 2 (II) was not a prequel. Stop being silly.

Prequels in general are a fairly recent addition to the horrors of cash-in cinema. While many tread the gore-horror-terror grounds, iconic cinema has largely been left untouched. Why? Because once upon a time there was a strong idea that movies were a form of art, where the product was a postulated completed product. However, the rise of the unnecessary sequel in the last 10 years (indiana jones, star wars, halloween, etc) has forced the money moguls of hollywood to consider what other gross bodily harm they can cause.

The Exorcist cashed in, as did Dumb and Dumber... and hey, judging by your own responses to these words, how do you think this will fare? Exactly. The fact that these big-wallet factions of the money-mill film industry have decided to play with a well-known and retroactively applied title of "brand" rather than taking the idea through a think-tank for new IP has to immediately demonstrate the priorities here; Do Not Fool Yourselves. A prequel has no concept of faithfulness, nor any dreams of worthiness. We are witnessing the birth of an era full of nostalgia suctioning, mark my words. A new ghostbusters movie? Tip of the disharmonic iceberg that threatens all that hollywood has accidentally excreted into the annuls of lucrative film history.

This will not be good. I am willing to be my kneecaps on it.

Wait what? Godfather 2 (II) was not a prequel. Stop being silly.

Prequels in general are a fairly recent addition to the horrors of cash-in cinema. While many tread the gore-horror-terror grounds, iconic cinema has largely been left untouched. Why? Because once upon a time there was a strong idea that movies were a form of art, where the product was a postulated completed product. However, the rise of the unnecessary sequel in the last 10 years (indiana jones, star wars, halloween, etc) has forced the money moguls of hollywood to consider what other gross bodily harm they can cause.

The Exorcist cashed in, as did Dumb and Dumber... and hey, judging by your own responses to these words, how do you think this will fare? Exactly. The fact that these big-wallet factions of the money-mill film industry have decided to play with a well-known and retroactively applied title of "brand" rather than taking the idea through a think-tank for new IP has to immediately demonstrate the priorities here; Do Not Fool Yourselves. A prequel has no concept of faithfulness, nor any dreams of worthiness. We are witnessing the birth of an era full of nostalgia suctioning, mark my words. A new ghostbusters movie? Tip of the disharmonic iceberg that threatens all that hollywood has accidentally excreted into the annuls of lucrative film history.

This will not be good. I am willing to be my kneecaps on it.

I agree whole heartenedly. Batman aside there has not been a single reboot/reimagining/prequel released years later has been a patch on the original. I just know a Back to the Future reboot is gonna happen some day soon I can't see how it won't and the thought makes me feel sick.

I agree whole heartenedly. Batman aside there has not been a single reboot/reimagining/prequel released years later has been a patch on the original. I just know a Back to the Future reboot is gonna happen some day soon I can't see how it won't and the thought makes me feel sick.

Unless you count the new Back to the Future game that supposedly takes place three years after the third movie...

Also, I'm not sure whether you guys think it's a prequel (and I'm not exactly 100% on it myself but I'll enter it anyways) but what about The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?