NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

That's odd, my last two posts have disappeared. Anyway, there is a potion to turn you back - it's called the Maiden's Kiss. I remembered just before the site's downtime, sorry.

Thanks guys, I managed to beat her, it just needed a bit of focus and as you said, gauging. :)

OK, I'm really getting into FFIV now. The presentation and voice-acting are great and I really care about the story. As much as I liked FFIII, I couldn't actually tell you what the story was. I feel really annoyed at the King and I don't like or trust Kain either after what he suggested doing!

I'm just at the village where I've found Rydia. Regarding the Maths game (where you have to make 10 out of four numbers), I can only score 750. Is that poor?

OK, I'm really getting into FFIV now. The presentation and voice-acting are great and I really care about the story. As much as I liked FFIII, I couldn't actually tell you what the story was. I feel really annoyed at the King and I don't like or trust Kain either after what he suggested doing!

I'm just at the village where I've found Rydia. Regarding the Maths game (where you have to make 10 out of four numbers), I can only score 750. Is that poor?

That was my top score after loads of attempts, so no I don't think so.

FFIV is so good. Its wicked. Gets better too. I've stopped now though. I'll re-pick it up.

Just caught this on the top user made movies list on Gametrailers- its the top ten Final Fantasy tunes. One song per game, it stirs up some good memories and the video ain't too badly put together either.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/308585.html?playlist=featured

I watched this yesterday while N-E was down. I have to say there are some very questionable choices in his list but as he said it really is down to taste. I have happy that To Zanarkand made the list, for me its easily one of the most emotional and inspiring songs from the FF series.

Yeah, I expected the pick for his top spot was gonna be something else but I thought it was good that he didn't go with something a bit more obvious. :heh:

I picked up FFXII: Revenant Wings tonight (£10 from the bargain bin in Currys - they had a lot too). Hope it's good!

So the new FF:CC game is out this Friday, anyone getting it?

Hmm....I want to get it, but the problem is that all the games that I have to complete first...I don't think I would have any time to have a chance to play CC :(

I picked up the new DS one, anyone else get it?

Im still debating whether to pop out and pick up the Wii version.

Well my FC is 4511-6410-8437 if anyone does have/gets it. Let me know if you add me.

Edited by Ike

Can you play co-op online? (Sorry if I missed if it was announced or not, can't be stuffed looking back)

After getting the DSi I decided that my first game on it would be FFIV. I started it a while back but got peed off when Cecil was made a Paladin and all my hard work levelling up was thrown out the window. I decided to start the game from scratch as I couldnt remember certain things and I have now got past where I left off last time and im on my way to the Barons castle to rescue Cid. Im determined to finish it this time :)

I started it a while back but got peed off when Cecil was made a Paladin and all my hard work levelling up was thrown out the window.

Haven't you played it before in some form?

(I may have asked you that before about a game, maybe even FF IV Advance... and learned that you aren't the RPG oracle I always thought you were. :()

Haven't you played it before in some form?

(I may have asked you that before about a game, maybe even FF IV Advance... and learned that you aren't the RPG oracle I always thought you were. :()

Ive never played it before. Ive got all the FF GBA games still sealed and packed away :)

Ive been making some good progress on this over the weekend and im really enjoying the game, much better than FFIII due to the fact that this one has a story to it!

I have just got to the Underworld and beaten Golbez, took some doing mind you, he killed me 3 times before I managed to beat the sucker. I was also quite shocked when....

Porom and Palom sacrificed themselves to save you and then if that wasn't enough Tellah kicked the bucket aswell! OH THE HUMANINTY!

Lol @ your spoilers. :heh: FF IV sure is a game with a twisty turny story. Glad your liking it! I've never really enjoyed the Underworld stuff, I always think the peak of the game is climbing Mount Ordeals and then becoming a Paladin. I always find that to be particularly epic.

I got FFIV with DQIV last year and I still haven't started it :heh:

I while once I finally get round to completing FF III.

I made some more progress last night, just got me the Falcon!

It was great getting Edge on my team and that cutscene where he unleashes his powers was fantastic

:)

Quick question, does anyone actually make it through this game alive? Now one of my favourite characters Yang is dead and then Cid followed straight after. It does make a nice change though, keeps you guess whos gonna be next :D

Im at the final dungeon now but im not gonna go complete it yet as im collecting the last few augments and levelling up.

Ive noticed that while the bosses themselves are a pushover getting to them is quite difficult. All of my characters are at levels 65-70 and the normal enemies still give me a pasting in the later dungeons. I tried getting Bahamut but I had to get out of there as the Behemoths destroyed my team :(

I was also trying to finish of the Namingway quest but getting a Rainbow Pudding is just stupidly hard. I know some games like to give random drops but having a 0.4% chance of getting the item is just stupid.

I watched the cutscene where everyone shows up in various airships to take down the Giant and it gave me flashbacks to Skies of Arcadias very similar cutscene. Was this the same in the original version of FFIV? Just wondering if Sega ripped it off thats all

:)

Its useful to run from battles in FF IV, Adam. In RPGs I usually make a point of killing everything that I come across unless I'm on deaths door and I'm sure you're the same. In FF IV though there's no shame in running from battles- definitely not the random ones you come across later on. Just wait til you are on the last few floors... run run run! :o

WHAT?! HoT never runs! Ok, maybe once or twice :D

I managed to get Bahamut while I was on break at work today. Again getting through the caves to reach him was quite a task as you have to fight 3 Behemoths aswell as all the random battles. I cast Blink on all my characters meaning that I could attack the beast without any fear of his counter attack and Rydia could stand back and spam the Titan summon.

Eventually I got to Bahamut and thought I would get the beating of a lifetime, turns out he was a pushover. I started off by casting Slow on him and then cast Haste on all my peeps. I then spammed the Leviathan summon and by 4-5 rounds he was dead! He never attacked me once as he was too busy charging his Megaflare move :D

Now all thats left is the final area but I would like to know what level everyone was when they fought the final boss. Any good places to grind my levels up?

Fired up my game to check my final party and they range from lvl 77-80. Trust me man, that was more than enough. I didn't grind at all but I think I ended up making a few runs at the final section cos I was stubborn about running from battles, meaning I kept running out of MP and stuff before long. In the end I just legged it and the final battle was a bit of a push over- but I set my stall out well just incase.

Thats a good tactic you have going on there in casting Slow all the time, FF IV is maybe the FF its most effective in! :hehe: