N-Europe

Alternative Cinema

drahkon

• 2 months later...

51K7P0bkktL._SS500_.jpg

I want to thank you for introducing me to this movie.

They say it's the last song.

They don't know us, you see.

It's only the last song if we let it be.

You know...I want to say something but I seriously can't.

The first and probably only movie that has left/will leave me with a feeling of complete annihilation. Emotionally, physically and psychologically.

Edited by drahkon

I want to thank you for introducing me to this movie.

They say it's the last song.

They don't know us, you see.

It's only the last song if we let it be.

You know...I want to say something but I seriously can't.

The first and probably only movie that has/will left/leave me with a feeling of complete annihilation. Emotionally, physically and psychologically.

I think dr4hkon's starting to merge with Paj and chair. :heh:

Except dr is a fan of Barney Stinson, whereas I'd imagine Chair would hate him :heh:

Let me watch How I Met Your Mother (it's next on my list), then I'll judge.

I think dr4hkon's starting to merge with Paj and chair. :heh:

To be fair, in this case all the melodrama/hype/chairism is really deserved. It's an emotionally crushing movie. You wish you were dead. It's so/too/very/superlatively Great.

I do want to watch DITD and I have done since I first heard about it about four years ago but I always said I'd wait until I'm soul-crushingly depressed anyway. I've not been that low since.

One day I will. And just like any story of soul-crushing misery it will start with a girl.

Edited by Ashley

Wednesday I finally saw Black Swan, but you've all seen that one, but also Biutiful, from ctrl-c / ctrl-v Alejandro González Iñárritu, with Javier Bardem. I thought it was great. Great to watch during the Christmas period. (=sarcastic, but only the last part)

And a few weeks ago, I also saw Incendies, a French drama. Also very great.

In a few days the Imagine film festival will start, showing all kinds of horror, fantasy, and sci-fi movies (some of them have their threads here), I personally am most interessed in Die Tür, The perfect host, and Rubber (which I think is mentioned somewhere on this site). But I'll probably only be able to see one of them, but I'll report back.

This isn't the last song

There's no violin

*lies on floor, tries to get up but can't*

The final scene is breathtaking.

Björk is such a talented actress. I will look into her music soon.

in which Selma sings/cries in front of the ventilation shaft...I still cannot find words.

And now for something superficial: She is beautiful.

The final scene is breathtaking.

Björk is such a talented actress. I will look into her music soon.

in which Selma sings/cries in front of the ventilation shaft...I still cannot find words.

And now for something superficial: She is beautiful.

Von Trier is a famously hard taskmaster and draws out incredibly painful performances from his actors. Bjork vowed to never act again after DitD - I think her trauma in playing Selma shows through. :(

Bjork is one of the best artists of the last 20 years tru fax. Post, Homogenic and Vespertine are errrthing.