NEurope
heroicjanitor

Tales of Graces F

I think it's more likely to be saying "Please not PS3 exclusive".

I really think it'll be for PS3. I'd be really surprised if it was Wii exclusive. Hell, I think they should just release for both. Can't go wrong doing it that way. Same translations, just a little extra for PS3 and reaches a much bigger market.

I think it's more likely to be saying "Please not PS3 exclusive".

I really think it'll be for PS3. I'd be really surprised if it was Wii exclusive. Hell, I think they should just release for both. Can't go wrong doing it that way. Same translations, just a little extra for PS3 and reaches a much bigger market.

Wii owners would be pretty miffed to miss out on the future Arc if a Wii version was to be released. Not all but you'd understand the frustration of those who would be.

God... can't Namco do anything fucking right? just release the game on all three consoles and have done with it!

This shit just makes me long for the days of Tales of Symphonia again, part of me even wishes that they never made another game in the series after that point, I mean the game was just so brilliant... or maybe it's partly rose-tinted spectacles playing their part here, either way I don't really care as all I know is that I have never had so much fun and enjoyment out of a 'Tales of..' game since that point, at the time it was absolutely fucking magical and it's an experience that still stays with me to this very day...

... why the fuck don't they just re-release that in HD instead? Not that it needs HD but... just... *sigh* I give up... [/rant]

Yep, you'd be right there. I wonder if Namco would really take the PS3 extras and remake them for the Wii. I'd perhaps say no. Which is why that statement sounded odd.

Saying that, would be better than nothing since I lack a PS3 :heh:

@S.C.G. No, they can't. Ever. My faith, as well as others is long gone. It's really stupid.

Well at least we have an idea of what sales figures they are hoping for with this localization.

do you think it will do worse than Enslaved's 460,000 worldwide sales?

Edited by Dante

Should I drop the F off this thread or is the game just called a really stupid name?

The F is in the name because the PS3 version has a future arc added to the game.

They should really bring the Wii one over too. I mean, its a similar situation to when Tales of Symphonia was released on the Gamecube because the Wii has far from drowning in RPGs. It makes far too much sense though.

They should really bring the Wii one over too. I mean, its a similar situation to when Tales of Symphonia was released on the Gamecube because the Wii has far from drowning in RPGs. It makes far too much sense though.

I think it was Nintendo's push that helped with Tales of Symphonia sales outside Japan.

I think it was Nintendo's push that helped with Tales of Symphonia sales outside Japan.

Then why hasn't Nintendo had a word with them about Graces? :angry:

Hopefully they are too busy with Dragon Quest VI, The Last Story and Xenoblade. I can wish.

I've heard tell that The Last Story is the reason Nintendo didn't pick up Graces. Can't really quote anything too valid though on that. Only Nintendo knows why not. It's all speculation, I mean some speculate ToS: DotNW's poor sales is a contributor too, again speculation.

To be honest, there have been pointers for The Last Story being localised, and Xenoblade is TBA. Much rather have those two.

To be honest, there have been pointers for The Last Story being localised, and Xenoblade is TBA. Much rather have those two.

That as well as the PS3 needing more quality JRPG's.

When Tales of Symphonia was released they were starting to get desperate with the Game Cube in terms of sales. I would imagine, seeing as ToS was arguably one of the best 3rd Party games on the Game Cube, getting it localized for North America/Europe was somewhat of a priority at the time.

Well, at this point, I think I am looking more forward to The last story, but that's more because I've given up on being able to play Tales of Graces, that that I really think The last story will prove vastly more entertaining. We should have gotten it a long time ago. I've checked up on the status of the translation as well, and it seems they've stopped the project when it looked like the PS3 version was going to be localised (is it now official or not?), so that option is no longer available to me now too. Thanks Namco (/ Nintendo).

It is official, though they haven't announced what console it's for. Despite the chances of it being stupidly high that it's for the PS3.

That won't do me any good. I also assume it's just the US for now, and not even Europe? Well, no matter for me anyway. I was looking forward to that translation.

It is official, though they haven't announced what console it's for. Despite the chances of it being stupidly high that it's for the PS3.

Tales of Graces F was PS3 only in Japan, it'll be the same for the US most likely. I can't see Namco Bandai commissioning a 360 port. Although a quote a page or two back suggests a back port of features into the Wii version (to me).

Edited by Ike