N-Europe

The Matrix 4 and 5 In Development?! (update: hoax)

ReZourceman

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

~Keanu Reeves~

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

They're saying the things I want to hear in all honesty. A redemption duet of movies? I'm in tbh.

Edited by ReZourceman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i don't get why everyone hates the 3rd movie. I loved the Zion war bit. Greats with rocket launchers. And evoked more feeling of "fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk" because it was real physics.]

Because of the annoying "THE WAR IS OVERRR" Xion/Zion kid. "Neo, I believe." Urgh.

The script was arse. (sorry Dannyboy)

I suggest we throw Keanu off a train and replace him with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt.jpg

He has a keanu look about him. Except, it looks like there's something going on inside his head, in contrast to The Reeves who has a vacuum between his ears.

They all have their moments, but it's almost universal that the original owns the sequels.

I'd like to see if they can add something new to it, but I think it'll only ever end up in bitter disappointment. That is, if these end up coming to fruition, which they won't.

Not sure the Matrix needs sequels. Give me a modest television budget and I reckon I could patch together a pretty decent Matrix TV-show though.

they made a sequel?

No, the sequels were just an urban myth. They released an expensive pair of Matrix-themed drinks coasters though.

Edited by gaggle64

Amazing? Really? Wow.

Yep, well thats what my memory tells me but it has been awhile since ive watched them. I actually plan to watch all 3 again soon anyway with a friend!

they made a sequel?

lol.

I thought everyone in here knew at this point that I find all three Matrix films to be absolutely amazing. :heh:

I do now! We need to team up, i think we may be outnumbered...

I do now! We need to team up, i think we may be outnumbered...

Haha! :D I've fought the battle before, but I'm not really interested in fighting it again. It all comes down to subjective opinion (like so many discussions). I don't see how people can find the sequels bad, other people don't see how I can find them good. Either party trying to convince the other is a waste of precious time and energy. :heh:

I want this to happen because the only thing to rival the second and third Matrix films in terms of utter wankishness are the Star Wars prequels (Although, Eps 1,2 & 3 are undoubtedly worse).

Thematically, the films weren't awful but they crumbled under their own vast weight. Technically, they were painful. Poorly written and the acting was even worse.

A magnificent train crash.