Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2011

Retro_Link

I have to say, i'm abit worried about Lewis. He just isn't like he was, he's seems to be trying too hard or something. He's the best racer to watch, no doubt about it, but for a while now he's just lacked his composure, which he used to have. He must be getting frustrated with the team aswell. 3 seasons now they have lagged behind the pace, they really need to give him a championship winning car next season.
Yeah there was yet another quote posted on the BBC F1 website (news/gossip page) from one of the papers, (whether it's true or not I dunno)... but Lewis once again telling McLaren he isn't prepared to wait around forever for a winning car from them. If they don't produce a 2012 car that can match the Red Bulls/Fight for every win, then I think there's a chance he'll look to leave the team, because his contract will be up anyway.

Oh yeah, and did everyone see this after the race?...

Edited by Retro_Link

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the contrasting F1 footage they chose to sum up Kimi in F1. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4jpTEIe-Q&sns=em

Also, the Cosworth Mechanic we met on the plane to Italy, reconfirmed that Kimi's nothing like the Kimi you see infront of the media.

He also said Kobayashi was the nicest guy in the paddock, great guy!

Edited by Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...

So who's getting up early for quali? I'll be tuning in to the human-hours re-run (or better yet on iPlayer) before toddling off to work tomorow afternoon. Reckon Vettel's going to stomp it all again but Button's looking strong in practice.

Anyway, my copy of Senna arrived today, saving it for when I'm not quite so tired or rushed. Watched the first ten minutes, god the soundtracks beautiful. I understand they'll be releasing it soon - when they do I'll be all over it like a bad rash.

Might get myself Senna for Christmas.

Yeah I tuned in for the re-run aswell in the end.

How frustrating was that Qualifying! McLaren should have been on pole!!! Jenson came SO close, but Lewis was really the man to have done it and yet they're all getting in one anothers way at the last corner... so stupid!

Just have to hope that Lewis or Jenson can get infront of Vettel off the line tomorrow!

Classic F1 first corner championship crash?! :D

Think I'll probably get up to watch the race live tomorrow, from around the grid walk onwards at 6.30am.

---

Just seen this on Play, but it's just a tad out of my price range at over £300! :p

Senna: Limited Collector's Edition (With 1:12 F1 Lotus Model)

21957277_500x500_1.jpg

21957277_500x500_2.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I will be getting up early. I swore into my hands when Lewis didn't get over the line in time - didn't his engineer give him a hurry-up? Last thing he needed was getting into another spat when he should've been scrapping for pole. Hopefully Vettel will run wide and prang himself again tomorrow, but Vettel making mistakes seems to be a lot to ask for this season. Hope Kamui has a good race too, he needs one and getting it in front of the passionate Japanese fans would be perfect.

Great race, fantastic win for Button, once again he excels in tyre management wherever it really counts.

Grats go to Vettel for his 2nd Championship - actually managed to get some coverage this round thanks to his battle with Alonso. I worry what will happen now the Championship is done & dusted, people will think he's dropped off the face of the planet.

A relatively quiet race for Lewis - disappointing in fifth but at least he won't go into the next weekend with stewards or the media breathing down his neck for once. If he ever gets tired of racing should get a job as an aerodynamic engineer at Ferrari - their cars have been consistently going faster any time he lops any part of them away.

Fantastic!! :D

Such an enjoyable morning of F1! Definately ranks up there for me, just everything, the racing, the coverage, the F1 forum, the way everything played out across the weekend was first class!

The race itself was really great! Really enjoyed it!

Couldn't have been more happy to see Jenson win in Japan, what with his relationship with Jessica and to Japan and its people! She was so happy, as was Jenson and great scenes watching him showing the trophy to the crowds! Best result!

Some really good racing today from start to finish throughout the field, and it was great seeing the cars all so close! I don't know if I believe Vettel that he didn't see Jenson off the start... the onboard footage certainly suggests otherwise, but I'm glad there wasn't a penalty as it made the rest of the race and Jensons victory even better!

The F1 Forum was such a fantastic watch! Hats off to the BBC!

That little Two Times World Champion piece they put together was beautiful!

I just love F1!... how a small 60 seconds of film, featuring people I don't know... but yet feel I do, can raise great emotion... the footage, the music, the sense of history... legendary!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15232168.stm

... And Vettels reaction to watched it on the Forum!

It did kinda feel like the end of the season... I'm glad it's not!!

Edited by Retro_Link

I enjoyed that little bit in the lounge, but Jenson sounded like a prick to be honest. I much preferred Seb's part of it:

JB: "Didn't you see me at the start?"

SV: "Ya, behind me"

At least it was something like that, I don't like Button too much anyway so I guess I'm biased.

Anyway, another great race and a fitting end to the championship batter imo. The rest of the season should be great, the racing has been fantastic as it is and now nobody has got anything to lose really. Would be great to see another Ferrari win in the remaining few races.

Well that was a great race weekend, but when Vettel crossed the line, and it was confirmed that he was a double world champion, I got a little upset, It's not down to the fact he won, it's more so down to the fact that we're running out of races, and that next season the coverage is going to be split between BBC and Sky.

It really pisses me off. Last year and this year have been fantastic, the whole production of F1 on BBC is another level.

I know that the BBC get half the races next season, I just really hope that the races they do show get the same production values and features and continue the quality of the current shows. I hope that they keep hold of 'Jedthard' as the presenters and that they show the same enthusiasm each race as they do now.

I've read alot of comments that people will be not watching any of the races next year, even those on BBC. I don't quite see the reasoning for this? surely if the viewing figures from the BBC coverage are double or more than the sky viewing figures It may give Bernie some serious thinking for future seasons after the sky deal. (How long Is the sky broadcasting deal?)

Very random rant about the broadcasting. But as I've mentioned it's now getting to the time of the year / point of the season where you know the coverage is almost over. If the BBC do continue the excellent levels of broadcasting on their 10 races next year, It will at least be a little ray of sunshine in an other wise crappy F1 broadcasting cloud.

Out of interest do any of you guys plan on buying Sky Sports next season? Are you guys going as extreme as some of the diehards and boycotting F1 all together?

I'll deffo be watching the BBC races, and the highlights they get, but once next season finishes, it'll be quite annoying watching only highlights in future seasons every week, without the usual features and hosts.

apologies for the kinda off topic rant, but had to vent some frustrations about a sport that I've only recently (within the last 5 seasons) truly started to appreciate.

The BBC/Sky deal is continuing for a number of years isn't it?... Not just next year??

I'll definately be watching F1 next year!

I'll watch all the BBC races (which surely the majority will do and leave Sky with bugger all viewers for those races)... and I'll also wait to hear a bit more about what the BBC are going to do with the other races...

If they get the best result, and get to show the full races but delayed until later in the day, then I'll do that... I'll just have to get good at not listening to the radio/being careful not to stumble across the result on the internet etc...

However, if the BBC only get the option of highlights shows for the other 10 races... then I may, consider Sky, but it's very unlikely.

The new BBC/Sky deal extends until 2018 I believe. I've got a couple of decent sports bars in walking distance, reckon it could be quite nice to sit with a pint. Otherwise I've still got Radio 5. I most certainly do not have the money for a sports package and I probably wouldn't spring for it if I did - besides F1 most of the events I ever actually want to see are on terrestrial anyway (Six Nations, World Cup etc.)

The BBC/Sky deal is continuing for a number of years isn't it?... Not just next year??

I'll definately be watching F1 next year!

I thought It was only next season, then going forward just exclusive on Sky Sports.

I'm probably wrong though.

I just can't see the reasoning of some people that won't watch the BBC coverage at all next year. Surely that'll only damper any chances of the BBC regaining full broadcasting rights?

EDIT - Thanks for clearing it up @gaggle64

All the finer points are here if you haven't seen them already - a 7 year deal, with the BBC getting 10 Grand Prix a year (including all practice & quali sessions) with the British GP, the Monaco GP and final round all guaranteed. The BBC highlights will be available on all the usual platforms (ie. no restrictions for putting them on iPlayer).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

I think a silver lining is it might actually increase interest in the sport if the BBC start putting the highlights package out in prime time on BBC1 or 2, instead of back on BBC3. Thanks to the rain delay in Canada most of the race took place after 7pm on a main channel, so almost everyone saw at least some part of Button's magnificent victory. Even in my small store in a Scottish village old ladies were yammering about the next day as if they were life long fans.

Edited by gaggle64

Oof, Alonso's crash still scares the hell out of me, that could have been very very serious.

Anyway, I'll be watching qualifying on iPlayer, having work in the afternoon and all.

Also, guess who's picture this is that I stumbled across -

tumblr_lt2wniJ9se1r3x3xyo1_400.jpg

Just throwing that out there. :heh:

Yes, nice one, no Red Bull on pole. Lewis is looking great this weekend, lets hope his good run continues through tomorrow. I will be up early.

Anyway, that kid who makes those awesome motorsport videos is at it again, and it's another stunner. Enjoy -

Korea's setting is SO grey and dull!! At least the track itself somewhat makes up for it!

Great job by Lewis in Qualifying, awesome stuff! :D

And hopefully Jenson can get a jump on Vettel off the line!

Strange reactions from Lewis afterwards, his interview with Lee really took me by surprise, he seemed subdued and almost sad, felt really sorry for him!

Really hope he goes and gets the win tomorrow!!

Gonna get up and 6:30 and watch this one tomorrow, looking forward to it!

---

EDIT: @1:50 - Anyone notice Vettel getting rather defensive when it comes to the subject of winning cars! :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15320255.stm

---

EDIT: Just watched the drivers press conference

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15319763.stm

Man, Lewis is like a broken man atm! It's like he's forgotten who he is/doesn't know what he should be saying and how he should be reacting!

If he wins tomorrow I hope a part of that weight is lifted, and he lets go of his emotions.

Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!