N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia: The Game

Beast

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unless Esequiel has a very good explanation for his accusations yesterday, I'd wager he's mafia.

Perago: Esequiel

Okay, I haven't been following this very well so I don't follow your logic. He accused you of using polyjuice potion yesterday, and it makes him mafia because Diageo now dead? Diageo was accusatory, but this could be some setup to make him appear guilty.

I'll hold my vote for now and wait for what Esequiel has to say.

Okay, I haven't been following this very well so I don't follow your logic. He accused you of using polyjuice potion yesterday, and it makes him mafia because Diageo now dead? Diageo was accusatory, but this could be some setup to make him appear guilty.

I'll hold my vote for now and wait for what Esequiel has to say.

No, Diageo's death has nothing to do with it. Esequiel (previously as jayseven) was already under suspicion because he hadn't voted for two mafia lynches, and suddenly he accuses me of using Polyjuice Potion (an outright lie) while himself being action-silenced. It smells a bit to me like a ploy to cause confusion and maybe even get a townie lynched.

Still, it may very well be a misunderstanding, but seeing as it's a potential lead, I want to follow it to the end. Thus I again ask: Where did you get the info that I'd been using Polyjuice Potion, Esequiel?

Right then, so glad i can finally talk now!

Esequiel (previously as jayseven) was already under suspicion because he hadn't voted for two mafia lynches

Jayseven didnt vote, im assuming because of inactivity. Thats the only reason why someone wouldnt send in any targets in a mafia game.

and suddenly he accuses me of using Polyjuice Potion (an outright lie) while himself being action-silenced

Not a lie at all, i chose a random target and it happened to be you. I was trying to use a Babbling Beverage on you, which would have made you talk in nonsense riddles all the day phase but everything you said had to be true. However while i was watching you someone pulled out my hair and drank a potion. They took on my features and pulled their cloaks hood over their head.

Again, i targeted you. As far as i am aware there was only you and me there, someone who i can only assume was you pulled out my hair and used polyjuice potion. I had to talk like that because i used the tried to use the Babbling beverage on you and it backfired onto me thanks to the hair pulling incident.

I had to talk like that but was also forced to say nothing but the truth.

Im not even saying Danny is mafia, i really have no idea. All i know is he made himself look like me, no idea why or what happened afterwards but i cant think of any good reason why he would want to do that.

Not a lie at all, i chose a random target and it happened to be you. I was trying to use a Babbling Beverage on you, which would have made you talk in nonsense riddles all the day phase but everything you said had to be true. However while i was watching you someone pulled out my hair and drank a potion. They took on my features and pulled their cloaks hood over their head.

Again, i targeted you. As far as i am aware there was only you and me there, someone who i can only assume was you pulled out my hair and used polyjuice potion. I had to talk like that because i used the tried to use the Babbling beverage on you and it backfired onto me thanks to the hair pulling incident.

I had to talk like that but was also forced to say nothing but the truth.

Im not even saying Danny is mafia, i really have no idea. All i know is he made himself look like me, no idea why or what happened afterwards but i cant think of any good reason why he would want to do that.

Concluding I'm the one who pulled out your hair and assumed your appearance is jumping to a conclusion on a non-existing foundation. Since I myself was the victim of a Polyjuice Potion earlier, I can't be the culprit - unless you think there are two characters with the same ability in this game, something which is incredibly unlikely. Besides, being forced to talk with actions appears to be a side-effect of being Polyjuiced - likely to shut you up and prevent you from revealing the truth.

Which makes me suspicious ... how did you know you were being Polyjuiced? I was never told when it happened to me, only that I was forced to talk with actions - and I wasn't required to tell the truth, either. The only way I figured out I was being Polyjuiced was because both me being silenced and someone with my looks shouting a curse appeared in that night's write-up, proving the existence of a Polyjuicer and giving rise to the theory that a Polyjuice victim is simultaneously action-silenced.

Now, I don't see anyone being silenced or appearing twice in contradictory situations in the write-up for the day you claim to have been affected. Care to explain yourself?

Someone pulled my hair out and then drank a potion. They then transformed infront of me, thats pretty obvious that its a polyjuice effect. I had to talk like that because of the effect of my babbling beverage (google it) which made me talk nonsensical but made me say the truth.

I was warned that i had to tell the truth or face the consequences. I just chose to tell the truth! Im sorry that i targeted you danny but it really was random. I only assume your the juice drinker because i saw someone use it in the place where i was looking for you.

Its entirely plausible that someone else targetted you and it was them. Where were you and what were you doing during the night Dannyboy?

On a side note i targetted Cube last night but was "unable to find him"?

Someone pulled my hair out and then drank a potion. They then transformed infront of me, thats pretty obvious that its a polyjuice effect. I had to talk like that because of the effect of my babbling beverage (google it) which made me talk nonsensical but made me say the truth.

I was warned that i had to tell the truth or face the consequences. I just chose to tell the truth! Im sorry that i targeted you danny but it really was random. I only assume your the juice drinker because i saw someone use it in the place where i was looking for you.

Its entirely plausible that someone else targetted you and it was them. Where were you and what were you doing during the night Dannyboy?

On a side note i targetted Cube last night but was "unable to find him"?

I don't mind you targetting me, but I do mind you accusing me of something I didn't do. I don't see how that Babbling Beverage forced you to tell the truth when you made an incorrect claim.

I am Ron Weasley, the ginger man. I targetted chairdriver that night, who had just revealed himself as Ginny Weasley. Incidentally, the only character in the write-up who is seen targetting me is the silver-haired man who is always torturing people. Add to this that I haven't seen any description matching that of Padma Patil, whom you claim to be, and my suspicions are intact.

I don't actually find your explanation that unbelievable, but I can't shake the points listed above.

The worst thing we can do is not lynch again today. My view on this is that Dannyboy is mafia, whatever his role is in the mafia and that he tried to use his power while imitating me. I think the way that Cube has jumped on me could also mean he is mafia. The majority is 5 with 7 starting which means that there can only be 3 mafia left at most and i think these could be two of them.

So its a 50/50 here, you could prove me right by lynching me and seeing i am town, but if danny/cube kill again that will be 5 starting 3 majority which, if there is 3 mafia left would mean the end of the game. Or we can lynch Danny and prove my theory correct and be 1 step closer to a town win.

Either way a No lynch does not help us today.

Perago: Dannyboy

Man, I almost believed you, but not anymore. I have all the evidence in my favour. All of it. I'm becoming very suspicious of you claiming to be Padma Patil when A) we haven't seen anyone who fits that description and B) the only one seen targetting me on the night in question is the silver-haired torturer. There's no mention of someone being action-silenced, neither by someone attacking them nor by themselves dropping a Babbling Beverage, and no one appears to be using Polyjuice Potion on that night, either. Your story doesn't hold up.

I believe you to be the silver-haired man having faked your own action-silencing in order to take me down.

All i know is that you have ginger hair, no one has confirmed that your on my side. There are plenty of dark characters in harry potter, im sure there are some with ginger hair.

From the second this day started you said i was mafia and voted for me. This is before i could even say a single word, then cube joined in with you. Why would any sane person want to fake not being able to speak?! There would be a million better ways to do it than that.

I would guess that it wasnt in the write up becuse i had to tell the truth or face the consequences.

I think that you and cube are trying to get to me as one of the active members, like you have done with diago.

My fellow townies can help me out here by lynching Dannyboy and proving he is mafia. I will no doubt die during the night so if there are any protectors left please please help me out!

All i know is that you have ginger hair, no one has confirmed that your on my side. There are plenty of dark characters in harry potter, im sure there are some with ginger hair.

From the second this day started you said i was mafia and voted for me. This is before i could even say a single word, then cube joined in with you. Why would any sane person want to fake not being able to speak?! There would be a million better ways to do it than that.

I would guess that it wasnt in the write up becuse i had to tell the truth or face the consequences.

I think that you and cube are trying to get to me as one of the active members, like you have done with diago.

My fellow townies can help me out here by lynching Dannyboy and proving he is mafia. I will no doubt die during the night so if there are any protectors left please please help me out!

I'm described as the ginger man. Considering most (if not all, I'm not 100 % sure) known gingers in the Potter universe are good, and considering the other major characters from the books are in this game, who else can the ginger man be but Ron? I even interact with the fiery redhead (obviously Ginny) with great familiarity, even acting as a big brother, on the night following chairdriver's roleclaim as her.

I voted for you in the beginning because I thought you were spouting lies about me. Then you explained yourself, and I was beginning to think you were merely mistaken, but then you press on with your accusations, even when I've pointed out all the flaws in your story.

A mafia feigning silence to gain trust has been seen numerous times before, so it's really not at all a stretch to think that's what you did. Also, your explanation in itself is not unbelievable, but considering the circumstances and the discrepancy between them and your story, it seems more like an elaborate lie to me.

Even if you DO turn out town, I still really can't be blamed for thinking you're mafia, seeing as your accusations just don't hold up. Even if everything you've said is true, the only reason you suspect me is because you targetted me and thus conclude I have to be the one who Polyjuiced you. And that's a pretty weak accusation, especially considering I was provably Polyjuiced myself earlier.

Gah i really dont know what to think now <.< Just re-reading the thread and i can see the holes now but iv been up since 2am and things are hard to work out!

The only other explanation is that someone else targetted you, and i was in the way OR someone targetted me and that stopped me potion'ing you.