NEurope
CoolFunkMan

The Steam holiday sale!

So who else is taking advantage of this? I am, and think it's bloody brilliant!

For those that don't know what this is here's the lowdown:

Steam (the online game distribution software from Valve) are having a holiday sale throughout the Christmas season, right through till 2nd January. Every 24 hours different games are up for grabs at stupidly cheap prices. After the 24 hours are gone, the offers end and are replaced by new offers, so hurry!

So far I've got:

Saints Row 2, £2.50

Red Faction, £1.24

Red Faction 2, £1.24

Monkey Island 1 and 2 Special Editions, £3.24

The latter three are still going cheap. GOGOGO!!!

http://store.steampowered.com

Was going to get Arkham Asylum yesterday, think it was £3.50. But I couldn't be bothered with the download and I'd probably never get round to playing it.

Was going to get Arkham Asylum yesterday, think it was £3.50. But I couldn't be bothered with the download and I'd probably never get round to playing it.

£3.75 and it's still on if you want it.

Even though I have them on 360, you can't argue with Monkey Island 1 & 2 Special Editions for £2.62.

Even though I have them on 360, you can't argue with Monkey Island 1 & 2 Special Editions for £2.62.

That you can't. Just bought them myself.

Looks like some of the deals are being repeated. I'm tempted by Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light and Super Meat Boy for around £3 each. But then I should be keeping cash back, but then I won't get them this cheap again, but then...

ARGGH!! WHAT DO I DO?!!!

Both titles are worth it....;)

I have been taking advantage of this sale since the start....I hate it. So much.

I had 23 games before xmas....I now have 66. Some of those were gifts, but still.

I do love the steam sales, ATM I picked up:

Super Meat boy (On Sale Again for 3 quid)

Misadventures of P.B Winterbottom (49p it's a steal at that price, good game, kinda like braid though I hated braid, lol)

Altitude (Got it for 1.50 yesterday)

Witcher (IMO Not that good, combat kinda sucks, but it's on sale for 4.99 today)

Bad Company 2 (Missed it first day, glad they did it today)

I am hoping to get Dawn of War, if 2 doesn't go on sale I'll get the first gold edition (4.99), and I'm hoping to grab the Civ 4 pack I might do not sure, 3.74 not a bad price.

I hate steam sometimes >>

I'm just after Left 4 Dead/2 and Team Fortress 2 for gifts, not too bothered about anything else at the moment. Too much to play and I don't use the PC much any more. Still, been some cracking bargains! Was really tempted by Dead Rising 2 and Borderlands GOTY.

Including the sales from the week or so before the holiday sale started I've bought:

Call of Duty 4

Just Cause 2

Civilization V

Bad Company 2

CivCity: Rome

Red Faction Guerilla

Dragon Age Origins

Victoria II

And if you exclude Civ V I've spent around the amount you would spend on a console game on its release date.

As I wasn't sure if I would like it to the gameplay, I've never played Knights of the Old Republic.

However, it's currently £1.75.

Mirror's Edge is £3.24 but the 360 version has been around that price for ages.

At that price, I'd go for it.

The gameplay is a bit different, its sort of a combination of a WRPG and a JRPG, but if you like Star Wars and RPGs, its a must play.

:(

Hate this...I will spend so much on this holiday sale. My purchases so far:

Super Meat Boy

Deus Ex GOTY Edition + Invisible War

Torchlight

Star Wars: KOTOR

Machinarium

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

Yup, there's some stuff I want to buy as well.. Although I can stop myself mostly because I rather have boxed retail versions.

Slightly related. I have a spare Steam code for the first Humble Indie bundle, which includes:

Aquaria

Gish

Lugaru HD

Penumbra

World of Goo

I bought both Indie bundles, and got sent an extra code for the first bundle when I got the second.

Anyone want it?

Just Picked Up Crysis Maximum Edition for $9.99. Should be great to test the new PC I'm building next week.

Dreading to see what my total spent is after this sale... Got a file saved so I can add them all up :D

Haha, Half-life became even cheaper :p. So Idecided to get it for € 1,49, and to get The Dig for € 1,99 as well while I was at it.

I've also decided I definitely can't be arsed with the HL1 expansions. Just the canon stuff for me. Now I have everything complete, and when I finish HL1, I can finally install that orange box that's been sitting on the shelf for quite some time now :D.

Also great to finally experience The dig. Yay for oldskool point 'n click.

VVVVV is also on sale, but I'll just get that directly from the official site.

Company of Heroes Gold for me today, if you've got the money, I recommend grabbing, it's amazing

All Half-Life games are 75% off (85% if you own L4D 1 or 2). I just got Half-life anthology for £1.34.

I order anyone that doesn't already own these games to purchase them immediately.

I ordered the Half-Life one set (at £1.34) right away. Hopefully they work better than Half-Life: Source (that game runs really fast on my PC...so I'm completely stuck on a section with soldiers with shotguns as they move too fast).

£4.04 for the complete Half Life collection. Wowzers. Played all the games to death on xbox and old PC's but that right there is a frigging bargain you cannot miss out on.

One thing I've just noticed is that some of the sales advertised as "packs" are also reduced individually. The Hitman Collection (which is missing Contracts) is £4.49, while each game is £1.49 each. Some packs (like GTAIV) don't have the same deal.

Personally, £2.98 for Hitman 2 and Hitman: Blood Money sounds like a better deal as I have no interest in the original.