NEurope
MoogleViper

Game return policy

Ok so I bought Fallout: New Vegas today for £20 and used my loyalty card thingy getting it for £17.50. However I later found out the person I bought it for already has it. So were I to return/trade it in, would I get £20 back or £17.50?

I imagine just like anything else you get discount on, such as clothes, you only get back the money you paid for it.

It's not really fair to ask someone to give you back money you never paid for in the first place. So it'll be whatever is on the receipt - 17.50.

You'll get both amounts back. You'll get £17.50 cash and your points. That's what happened when i returned DJ Hero.

I just used to give the £17.50 back on a giftcard as I can't recall being able to reload points but it may have changed, its been nearly 3 years now.

You'll get the whole £20 back in one way or another, but don't expect it in all in cash as otherwise people could trade in reward points for cash (essentially).

You will get them back in the form of a voucher, which is what reward card points essentially are.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask in here.

Do Game/Gamestation now have a standard trade-in price list? I have an absolute shed load of games i want to get rid of and I can't really be bothered going back and forth to get the best price.

Don't think they do, could have a look cex.co.uk, they give decent prices aswell for cash, if there's one near you.

Edited by MadDog
fixed link

CEX have cash about as often as the vending machine at my work has Skittles.

This is a very easy riddle. Consider that the vending machine never has Skittles.

Cex in Newcastle always has money, the one in Southampton never does. Must depend on the store. Apparently it's easier to get money if you go in the morning.

I've only ever gone in the afternoon, but yeh, will be differant for each store.

Pretty sure they have a system in place for refunding use loyalty points these days, Moogle. It'll have some sort of code/number on your receipt that they can use to do it, I think.

I know it's old but yeah - within 28 days, with proof of purchase and sealed/unopened, you can get your money back however it was paid, or alternatively get it all on a gift card/exchange it for something of the same value/higher.