NEurope
Dog-amoto

Top Gear

Yes, another new series/new thread thread.

Anyone watch it earlier? They really stuck it to the Stig. And the studio fire was pretty funny. The race through New York was interesting! Looked like a nightmare!

But I can't help thinking that it's the beginning of the end, especially as it looks like they won't replace Stig.

My guess is that they'll only do one more series after this one.

I didn't even realise the new series was so close...:S

Will watch it on the iPlayer then.

I always enjoy watching Top Gear. I hope they don't stop making them.

The race seemed really close! James May and Clarkson actually ended up side-by-side.

Oh, when I saw that on TV last night I thought it was a repeat. I thought the two Christmas Specials were around Christmas Day. iPlayer it is then!

Oh' date=' when I saw that on TV last night I thought it was a repeat. I thought the two Christmas Specials were around Christmas Day. iPlayer it is then![/quote']

It's being repeated Christmas Day apparantly.

Pretty great ep, only discovered the new series on Sunday via Facebook. Loved the race at the end, not sure who i felt sorry for the most. James or Richard.

Loved how they stuck it to the Stig, they do need to bring a new one in. I heard they may be bringing in the spare one, the one they used when Collins was un-available.

Didnt realize the new season had started, i always watch the repeats on Dave,

just watched the one where they make their own caravans and go camping in Cornwall. Loved Jeremy's 3 story Citreon :)

Did anyone watch the Middle East special? I bet Clarkson comparing himself to Jesus will attract a few complaints!

Did anyone watch the Middle East special? I bet Clarkson comparing himself to Jesus will attract a few complaints!

Well, whats new then. The BBC get complaints about Clarkson after nearly every Top Gear ep.

I did see the special, it happened to be repeated last night (also on I-Player). Did you hear James's head hit the floor, jeez that was a lot of blood and i sure as hell felt it.

Caught the end of the NY one - the race was thrilling to watch. The iraq/bethlehem one was... meh. Started well and ended well, but the desert scene was so poor and so annoying and so unfunny that I was unable to laugh at any subsequent scene. Racing convertables across a rocky desert? They are constantly fighting complaints of scripting, so they do something that is completely obvious and dull.

Meh. It was one of two things i was looking forward to (motd was the other) and after a day of the tv blaring constant soap operas at me... bleh.

The bit where James May got knocked down was a bit shocking.

I liked it but the only part that actually made me laugh out loud was the ending

I laughed when James fell! Thinking he was fine and then recoiled when he sat up. Eeek!

I quite like it though it needed to be abit more drama filled than it was originally. But Iraq?! Christ..

As a Christian I was deeply offended by tonight's Top Gear where it was suggested that the the new 'Stig' was born in Israel.

The Stig is a fictional character dressed in white, whose entire history is nothing more than a load of ridiculous, made up stories and no one has ever actually seen him.

Whereas Jesus...

As a Christian I was deeply offended by tonight's Top Gear where it was suggested that the the new 'Stig' was born in Israel.

The Stig is a fictional character dressed in white, whose entire history is nothing more than a load of ridiculous, made up stories and no one has ever actually seen him.

Whereas Jesus...

The irony of your statement is that there are historic records of a man named Jesus, born of Joseph & Mary existed. He was a carpenter and was crucified by the Romans :P

Whereas Jesus...

You realise people know who the stig is right? That he's been kicked off top gear for outing himself. Hence the bad mouthing of Jezza and May?

The irony of your statement is that there are historic records of a man named Jesus, born of Joseph & Mary existed. He was a carpenter and was crucified by the Romans :P

Except there's not.

Except there's not.

There is evidence that a man of that name born of those people and crucified exists. Don't ask me where, it's been years since I learned that. However, him being the son of God? Please.

Twas a joke...:indeed:

It's somewhat hard to tell from someone I don't know well on the forums.

Sorry. :P

*sigh* Here comes the religion and historical facts bureau..

Hi. I'm Joe, I run a Pokémon website. I'm a complete know-it-all and never am afraid of showing it. I'm known as "The Professor" to many.

People should remember this...

Oh yeah, I'm also arrogant and pedantic :)

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those things that you 'learn' but isn't actually true, which is debunked on QI and everyone is like 'wtf I totally learned that at school'.

As for the episode, I laughed when James fell too! Exact same reaction as nightwolf, laughter then recoiling. The ending was just really awkward and not really very funny (although I chuckled at the mouse part). Hopefully back to normal from now on.

Were they just specials or are there going to be regular shows now?

^ Just Specials.

When the episode started I couldn't help thinking it was somewhat in bad taste... making light/taking a humerous approach to a place/situation where people are actually loosing their lives. Yes it was somewhat trying to show the other side to Iraq, but still.

On the whole, the episode was ok.

Baby Stig was predictable.