N-Europe

Top 100 toys (Channel 4 poll)

mcj metroid

You could count a console as a toy maybe, saying a playstation was in the top 100 toys wouldn't bother me. I don't think each game should be included separately. I didn't see this show though so what were the top 5 or so?

Number 1 was lego, 2 was monopoly, dungeons and dragons 3 and I think the wii was number 4. Can't remember much after that.

I fear for the depraved childhood of kids if they can actually say "OMG HALO IS THE BEST TOY EVER"

Turtles/GB not in the top ten was a sad state of affairs.

Ooh, I don't know about that. Do you think they were great toys in their own right? I always felt they were more "merchandising".

Personally, I thought Zoids and Lego were top tier, then maybe Transformers. After that, I liked anything with moving parts (Starcom) or a hologram (Visionaries). I would say M.A.S.K., but the vehicles broke too easily!

I quite enjoyed the show! Was nice to see some of the people that invented such iconic parts of everyone's childhood, and hear the tales of their origins. I loved the scenes of sheer madness for cabbage patch dolls, tamagotchis and pokemon cards! Shame to not see pogs there -- but that really didn't cause anywhere near as much of a stir.

It was a good show. Regardless of the order I think it covered all the bases really well.

I quite enjoyed the show! Was nice to see some of the people that invented such iconic parts of everyone's childhood, and hear the tales of their origins. I loved the scenes of sheer madness for cabbage patch dolls, tamagotchis and pokemon cards! Shame to not see pogs there -- but that really didn't cause anywhere near as much of a stir.

It was a good show. Regardless of the order I think it covered all the bases really well.

I agree it was a good show. I don't blame the show at all for the order mind you. Perhaps they should have considered "exactly" what is a toy though. Something like halo is 16+ meaning that kids shouldn't be playing it. so Meh.