NEurope
Sméagol

Battlestar Galactica mafia

Voting for a random as president is a bit risky imo, we already have a president who, if assigned randomly, is likely to be good. Why would rolling the dice again help? We can wait for the first write-up and see if the president does anything in it.

I've looked up "president" on the wiki and the only competent one became the leader of a cult... :p

[end dayphase]

You're very brave playing this game without watching the show. There's one main president through the show - Laura Roslin. But seeing as we can elect a new president each phase (roughly), we may as well just disregard that element of that character.

Plus a few other characters have been president, with good or bad results.

Laura wasn't elected though, so she isn't president

:nono:

Adar failed so hard

Zarek... I don't know what to make of him since he is in prison so much and is executed, might be a Mandela figure.

Baltar is a brilliant scientist but goes on to lead a cult

Richard Adar is a "moron" according to Adama...

They are all first impressions though and I'd probably need to see the series first.

I know absolutely NOTHING about Battlestar Galactica, but I know this game is gonna be pretty awesome! :D

[vote lynch: nobody]

So if we are one of those characters we should try to be president you think?

There's also

Lee Adama and Romo Lampkin, both of which were pretty good as president.

Laura Roslin is the best president evar.

I kinda wanna vote someone president, but then again, I'm over it. [end dayphase]

Ugh.

[end dayphase]

So I finally read everything. Seems you misspelt "rule" Sméagol, wrote "rure" up there in the first post.

Anyway, as I see it, it appears that even if we end the dayphase prematurely, every day is on a set schedule that starts at 23:00, so we are effectively just taking away our ability to speak in the thread. Additionally, "[end dayphase]" needs to be anonymous, which is unlikely to happen. I see voting "No lynch" just as pointless as the day will end at 23:00 every time anyway.

About the president, I think we should vote for one, for the sole reason that we would know who it is. Choosing again won't change the chances of getting a mafia, chances are still the same, if randomised.

Used a random number generator, and wouldn't you know it "2" came up. So [vote president: Cube].

He has posted this less than 24 hours ago, so voting to end the day phase will be effective. Since Sméagol made the decision for who is president I think he probably gave it to a leader type figure, and maybe different people have different uses for it.

This no picture rule is killing me. So many choice images to post of sexy bytches taking names.

anonymous

Wrong word, man.

@Herojan: Are you saying that this Laura wasn't elected/was the first one? Hmm....

Is she what you would call "good"? Because if it is her, then the starting president could easily be good (Or evil if she's evil :heh:)

She serves as the Secretary of Education at the time of the Cylon attack and later serves twice as President of the Twelve Colonies despite never being elected to office.

My knowledge of the show has increased to knowing about my character, some of the presidents and that (according to my friend) it had the worst ending of any show ever. Stupidest makes-no-sense twist ever too.

I know nothing :indeed:

My assumption is that Sméagol would not put the mafia in a position of power like the presidency from the start of the game so it's less risky to keep the current president.

Yeah I say we leae the presidency. I'm not going to follow someone else at this stage, I have no one in my trusted list yet.

An enemy you know is better than an enemy you don't. Anyway, I'm off to get pissed.

TBH i'd rather end the day early than have the current situation -- ooh ooh new posts in the BSG mafia thread!!! Oh, it's just a page of nothing whatsoever.