N-Europe

Christmas Treason!

Eenuh

Ah yes, the holidays are also good, but they would still be there without Christmas.

You don't need Christmas itself for any of those really. New Years would be just as good.

It's a question of traditions and associations for me. So many happy and joyful feelings are ingrained in the rituals we perform every year at this time. :)

Christmas itself is a special day, coming down in the morning to presents is awesome(more so for me since I have 5 siblings so the room looks cool) and everyone is just much happier. In a today is a complete day off, feck everything except my friends/family way it is cool too. The dog loves the wrapping paper and helps to open the presents :)

We never had the tradition of opening presents on Christmas morning. We open them on Christmas Eve, during our elaborate meal.

Opening presents was done with Sinterklaas for us, the most awesome day for any child living here. =D

Christmas eve i go out with my dad, my friends and their dads to a pub and have many beverages.

I'll be hungover-ish on Christmas day but that doesn't bother me.

This is actually my first Christmas day at my new house without my parents, so I'll be waking up with my girlfriend and doing our open presents thing in the house together for the first time.

But will be going to my parents for Christmas roast and further present exchange.

My favourite part of the Christmas holidays is Boxing day, we all go to my parents house. My Brother, His fiancée and daughter come over, my sister, her husband and their 2 children are over, my mum and dad don't have work, I go over with my girlfriend,

and we all just do further present exchanging (cause my bro and sis don't come over christmas day as they've got their own children) and get very merry with beer, wine, champagne and what ever spirit i may of got for Christmas, then massive roast with Salt Beef, Turkey, Duck.... oh my shit i cant wait for it.

then we'll watch some form of film after while all recovering from the feast.... this time though My Bro & family and Sis & Family are staying at my parents house, as am I and my girlfriend, so we can all drink and not worry about a designated driver.

Good times. Love it! :)

I've been to Florida for Xmas before (twice) - but it's not as christmassy and nice as it is in Edinburgh! Obviously the fact I was in Florida, loving life, overrode that feeling at the time though.

My dad's in Spain for Christmas, cause he's a mongo/depressive/I'd rather he wasn't here in any case.

Some of my family occassionally want to go away for Christmas but I could just never do it. I love spending Christmas at home, getting up and opening presents, watching crappy tv, going to the pub and then having the big Christmas dinner.

Exactly the way it should be!

However for New Year.... I Cant recommend centre Parc's enough. Went there with some friends, stayed in a 2 bedroom chalet thing with hot tub and balcony (but there were 10 of us altogether in the chalet (we hid people in the boot of cars while driving in, and all managed to get access to the pool, 10 people makes a 2 bed chalet Hella-Cheap!)

was AWESOME. the party was a cowboy theme, and there were loads of western mini game / stall things, An old lady (I say old, probably 40's+) put her hand down my pants while dancing with us....

they let fire works off over the lake.... just the best new year i've had, not with any of my family which was a bit sad, but very very good with the friends that were there.

Ive done both Euro Disney and Centre Parcs for New Years, enjoyed both.

My best New Years though was just hanging out at Goafers house with another mate playing Flatout all night. I dont really need to go out, just like to hang out with my mates. Me and Goaf are planning on doing something similar this year as well.

Ha-HA! I knew my family wasn't the only one :grin:

Except we usually do it after midnight. During the meal it could get a bit messy :heh:

We do it after every course usually, but leaving the big ones until last. And our meal usually runs until midnight haha. It's fun, and I enjoy all the food, mmm.

My dutch friend was telling me about Sinterklaas. I lolled when I saw a big poster in Amsterdam of something like this:

sinterklaas.jpg

I was like "WTF" and he explained. But we weren't in the right state of mind for conversations like that, and as such, I've forgotten all he said.

My dutch friend was telling me about Sinterklaas. I lolled when I saw a big poster in Amsterdam of something like this:

sinterklaas.jpg

I was like "WTF" and he explained. But we weren't in the right state of mind for conversations like that, and as such, I've forgotten all he said.

I'm sure Wikipedia can tell you all you need to know. =P

But yeah, he's the -real- one, Santa Claus is just a fake one. Kind of difficult to explain the difference to small kids these days though (they all prefer Sinterklaas obviousl).

We do it after every course usually, but leaving the big ones until last. And our meal usually runs until midnight haha. It's fun, and I enjoy all the food, mmm.

It could still get messy, even if we did it like that. It's a small table for too much food and people.

Also, this is the first time I've heard of Sinterklaas. I fully approve. Much more stylish than the regular Santa Claus.