- New Map Pack 2

- Co-Op Mode "Shades"

- Flaming Head Thing

Edited by Cube

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the other two map packs are also £7.99 (highly likely, I think), then it would be £31.96 for them. So you're still saving a tenner in the long run.

To be honest I'm not sure I would end up getting the final set. I doubt I will still be playing by then. Just so many other things to play it will full by the wayside I'd imagine.

I'm annoyed by 2 things though with ND's DLC policy.

The first thing is the amount of different skin packs, personally I feel there are too many packs and would have preferred less skins/ the packs being consolidated if it mean't we could get a wider variety of DLC like new modes or even free content for all users. However I am expecting a trophy pack to come with the 2 new content map packs. The second thing I'm irked about is that it seems like ND are rushing through releasing DLC with only a couple more packs left to be released as part of the FHC. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all released by the end of April. It'll leave us with 2 potential scenarios, 1 being ND release DLC that aren't part of the FHC so users are going to have to stump up more money (which I feel is unlikely), while the other scenario is it means support for Uncharted 3 is going to stop 6 months after the game's release. 6 months seems kinda poor to me, how long did ND continue supporting Uncharted 2 with the cash weekends and The Playlist? Can't help but feel ND are quickly getting through the Uncharted 3 DLC so that they can concentrate on The Last of Us. Any of you guys agree/disagree? Am I expecting too much? I suppose it all rests on how long they wait before releasing the new content map packs, personally I reckon it'll be out by the summer.

The Last of Us is in the hands of a separate team at NaughtyDog so it wouldn't be a case of them shifting resources.

As well as that, 6 months is a hell of a lot of time to be supporting a game after release, although I do question how much of it is already finished.

What I find most abhorrent is the charging for the map packs. £7.99 for old maps is ridiculous, and I can't justify £20 to get the only 4 worthy pieces of content when I consider it a failure on ND's behalf to have only included a pitiful amount of maps prior to the FHC cash-cow crap. It's packaged intelligently.

• 2 weeks later...

New co-op mode = nice but when we getting online trophies???

Co-Op Shade Survival Mode Announced, Flashback Map Pack 2 Available Tomorrow

2012_2_20_Shade_Teaser_1.png

The Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Flashback Map Pack #2 will be available when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, February 21. There's also a NEW game type for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer is coming... first details on the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode.

Available when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, February 21, you?ll be able to play on fresh versions of your favorite maps in the Flashback Map Pack 2 DLC for $9.99 (US). Download the Flashback Map Pack #2 and the Plaza, Temple, Train Wreck, and Village maps will be yours. Check out a preview of these awesome maps here:

Speaking of new DLC, today we?re revealing a brand new game mode:

Co-Op Shade Survival mode.

As you can see in the trailer these maps have all-new dynamic lighting effects, innovative particle effects and tons of other fresh technical polish that only the Uncharted 3 engine could allow. The lighting on every map has been completely redone by the artists here at Naughty Dog. This map pack provides a good look at the technical and gameplay shine we can put on Uncharted 3 multiplayer maps and foreshadows what you?ll be seeing in new DLC coming out over the next couple months.

Speaking of new DLC we?re announcing today that a new game type is coming in March to Uncharted 3 multiplayer. It?s called Co-Op Shade Survival mode and if you look at the screenshot above it is just a small taste of what you'll need to get prepared for in this fiery new game type.

If you want to get in on all the DLC that?s available for Uncharted 3 the best way to do so is to become a member of the Fortune Hunters? Club. If you become a member today, or are already a member, all 14 packs of DLC content will be available free to you for the cost of your membership. You can become a member today by purchasing the FHC from the PS Store. It?s a fantastic deal at $24.99.

As a FHC member you?ll save over 60% on the 14 packs of Uncharted 3 DLC. Current members and any new membership purchased will receive all currently available and any upcoming DLC packs for Uncharted 3. The exclusive Fortune Hunters' Club theme will let you know when new Uncharted 3 DLC hits right from the XMB of your PS3.

We?ll have more details on the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode in March when it launches on the PS Store. Today get ready to enjoy some of your newly launched maps! See you online!

Has anyone managed to play on the new maps yet? I played a good 3-4 hours this morning in the hope one of Plaza/Temple/Train Wreck/Village would come up to vote but they never did. I don't think it's my installation because I managed to walk round Plaza in a custom match. Do you think it's because I downloaded and installed the map pack before installing the 1.05 patch?

About time might actually get a game on the new maps now! The patch is up it's 96mb

Uncharted 3 - Patch 1.07

The Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 1.07 patch has been pushed and should be rolling out globally over the next 24 hours. The patch notes to update 1.07 are as follows:

Available: March 6, 2012

· Upon connecting to Multiplayer, the game checks for ‘old’ version of Flashback Map Pack #2 (EU users only) and displays a message asking the player to download the Map Pack from the PSN Store

· Prevents EU users from playing on Flashback Map Pack #2 maps, if they have not already downloaded the correct, new version

· Added code that allows Naughty Dog to make additional live updates to map content

This patch will make sure all Uncharted 3 DLC owners are using the correct version of Flashback Map Pack #2 if it has been purchased. We'll have details on future patches as they become available.