Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Happenstance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked this up today, not really feeling it so far. Not keen on the melee combat, though that's probably because I've recently played Arkham City. The aiming and shooting is terrible, and the controls still feel really loose, like I'm not really in control. But I suppose it's the same in the other two games so I guess I shouldn't have expected better

On the plus side, the locales are terrific, and I'm enjoying the story again - really enjoyed the setting of the first couple of chapters, but it still all feels the same as the first two - they couldn't even be bothered mixing up the trophy requirements either, it's all get 30 kills with X weapon again or kill X enemies hanging from a ledge.

Maybe I'll try the multiplayer later to see what you're all raving about, but at the moment, I'm thinking that maybe I should've just rented this.

Lower your sensitivity if you have trouble aiming.

but it still all feels the same as the first two

Thats a compliment in this day and age, especially as Uncharted is its own unique game. Unlike say COD which is based exactly on hundreds of fps before it. Besides the changes between U2 and U1 were very big.

Edited by Choze

Are you not even able to compliment a game without giving shit to another?

You're a dick.

But I agree with your first part, the fact it's quite same-y isn't a huge problem because no other game has managed to breech this field yet.

Much the same with Batman.

Obviously you can't keep relying on this/doing this though.

Edited by Wesley

Why am I a dick for pointing out flaws (not nitpicking) in what I think is a pretty average series? Not sure what you mean when you say without giving shit to another??

I don't hate the game, I really do, for the most part, enjoy it. But pretty much everything - the controls, the gunplay, the platforming have all been done better in other games. If it had, say for example, the climbing mechanics of Assassin's Creed, or the more satisfying (just my opinion) shooting of Gears of War then it would be an overall better game. But it doesn't. Where this game excels though is in its pacing, locales, cinematic feel and the way it throws differing gameplay styles together to make a pretty good movie that you control.

It's not a bad game by any stretch. I really want to love these games and I just wish I could see what you guys see in it. Maybe it's partly due to my hatred of the Playstation controller? Who knows?

And thanks for the sensitivity tip @Choze, that's made it a lot better, though I don't remember doing this in the other games.

Assasins Creed and Gears are different games. The tank shooting makes sense in Gears and Creed's climbing doesnt involves shooting or other mechanics at the same time. Also I think the degree of control is unique in Uncharted. You can climb and shoot, grab people or jump off in any direction. You cant do that Creed or Gears. Different games with different goals.

Uncharted on PS4 would be insane. I cant imagine the look of the it. U3's graphics are insane. I imagine they will do more to the animation. You can see in U3 the characters are animating even more naturally though the dynamic animation aspect can be imperfect at times.

Uncharted on PS4 would be insane. I cant imagine the look of the it. U3's graphics are insane. I imagine they will do more to the animation. You can see in U3 the characters are animating even more naturally though the dynamic animation aspect can be imperfect at times.

Who the fuck cares about the graphics, anyway? oO

The absolute worst thing about this game pertains to the fact that it's leaps and bounds ahead of any other game I've played in regards to animation. It highlights how primitive, robotic and lifeless facial animation is as a whole.

As Oxigen_Waste discussed the 2nd half is a lot stronger than the first - which I found quite tedious tbh.

On reflection, Eurogamer's review is spot on with my own. An excellent game but not without its flaws.

Edited by spirited away

On the one hand I see where you're coming from, but on the other hand A) They really are....god damn amazing maps, B) It is REALLY really really cool from a (me/obsessed fan perspective) to see the changes of the maps;

The Fort on Uncharted 2 was absolutely blissful weather with a bright sun beaming in the sky, U3 version is heavy rain.

The Ice Cave is now "The Cave" and is no longer a snow and ice riddled barren temple but a rich forest and rock/vegetation iteration. Looks stunning.

But yeah. New maps will come!