NEurope
Guy

A Solution to the Thanks Problem

Can the name be changed?

Again I say:

but the example you gave was "thanks"

The picture I hi lighted was thanks but the text was different. You can't just buy a story book and only look at the pictures Ashley. I know its easier, but we have to be adults about this. :p

The picture I hi lighted was thanks but the text was different. You can't just buy a story book and only look at the pictures Ashley. I know its easier, but we have to be adults about this. :p

You showed me a picture that said thanks. As Shorty said today in the questions topic these scripts are not built by us thus I searched for a "thanks modification" because I knew that existed (as you showed me). The fact you said something else is irrelevant because you talk crap 98.5% of the time :p

Our thanks are limited?? How many do we have?

Be a bit crap if someone opens a door for me one time and I've run out - they'll think I'm a right ignorant git!

Our thanks are limited?? How many do we have?

Be a bit crap if someone opens a door for me one time and I've run out - they'll think I'm a right ignorant git!

Don't worry, you get more than one.

And if you're just noticing now then obviously the limit is fine :heh:

I think "kudos" is better than "like" because sometimes I like to show appreciation to something that nobody should like, for example; ell's post in the "why life sucks" thread. No reason to like divorce, but I felt it deserved kudos for sympathy.

I think "kudos" is better than "like" because sometimes I like to show appreciation to something that nobody should like, for example; ell's post in the "why life sucks" thread. No reason to like divorce, but I felt it deserved kudos for sympathy.

Ehmm, "kudos" don't have anything to do with sympathy. It's praise or renown.

Yeah I know, but in comparison to Thanks and Like, I think it can be applied to negative situations without coming across as being sadistic, akin to 'props' -- a term that offers respect. Perhaps a totally unrelated/manufactured word would be better? a Tendo? That may be too obtuse to newcomers.

since when was it a problem? I've started using it more recently but never used them all up...seriously bigger problems to worry about

Well you could you not just call it an "Appreciate" button and then the line reads "Appreciated by:"

You can appreciate someone's honesty or bearing of their soul much like you can appreciate a good joke or insightful comment.

MAD PROPZ

BIG UP

WORD UP

RESPECT

BROFIST

All valid alternatives.

But in Ellmeisters case, he obviously wouldn't think you were actually thanking him, he'd use his brain and instantly know that you weren't thanking him. It's like when Nintendohnut got a job, depending on the thread/post, thanks can mean whatever it needs to really. So i see no problem with how it is now.

But in Ellmeisters case, he obviously wouldn't think you were actually thanking him, he'd use his brain

26502_381833254386_537069386_3985323_7854776_n.jpgthe-wizard-of-oz-three-disc-collectors-edition-20051028042302551-000.jpg

I love it. The thanks system is fine as is. Having too much is silly, but this revolutionary image could solve all our problems.

True. There's only a couple of people who use up their daily allowance. And we sure as hell don't want them to have more.

If you feel that your life is currently affected by a "thanks problem", you just need to get out more.