Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Paranormal Activity 2

dwarf

Very, very strange comment. Missed the point Scoop was making and ended up just making the most irrelevant & pointless comparison ever.

He claimed Transformers 2 as a reason for being easily entertained.

So I said I enjoyed Transformes 2, hence being easily entertained, but didn't like Paranormal Activity.

Therefore I'm still on the point.

You're very argumentative and purple, aren't you.

I did pretty much use Transformers 2 as a way of letting you guys gauge my utterly awful taste in movies. I can confirm that. Transformers 2 was a lot of fun, so was Paranormal Activity.

Then again... from what I read, purple is totally against anything paranormal, right?

Boy you are bored.

I can be argumentative when i want to, and I see no limitations here, because expressing my views will not harm me in the long run.

And yes I am against anything Paranormal. And purple in text.

That is not to say I don't like fiction films or films with paranormal activity in them. I just didn't enjoy this one, I found it unimaginably boring.

FUCK YOU AYLESBURY! SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU! God. I was two nano inches from walking out to get a refund/get them kicked out. It would have been difficult anyway. Like...about 4 different groups of CHILDREN (stupid young teenagers) were in the showing.

Just. Honestly....like GENUINELY laughed at every scene.

THEY LAUGHED AT THE FUCKING FAST FORWARD. I wanted to turn around and say "Seriously, you've never seen a video fast forward before?"

Just like...things I didn't even understand why they were laughing. Like a baby walks. Laugh. Like...what? Doesn't even register.

So they COMPLETELY ruined it.

Luckily the film was pretty shit, which is a shame. I mean the acting was actually pretty excellent, but it was just the first film and they tried less with it. Like the several BEST bits about the first film weren't in here. So it was just "Paranormal Activity Lite"

But the audeience. God. Writing this out I'm really pissed off with myself that I didn't do something about it.

Oh well, that is hynde site.

I laughed at the first fast forward bit in the first film.

Then you are a child.

But seriously like....the whole cinema errupted with laughter. As if it was the funniest thing ever.

Oh and some guy did a fart noise on two separate occasions. That was a stroke of genius. I guess this is a 12A.

Then you are a child.

But seriously like....the whole cinema errupted with laughter. As if it was the funniest thing ever.

Oh and some guy did a fart noise on two separate occasions. That was a stroke of genius. I guess this is a 12A.

I laughed just thinking about it.

I think for the next Paranormal Activity, they need to drop the para and just call it Normal Activity. We could have the everyday lives of this average suburban family and throughout there can be this audience laughter at inappropriate times.

Still with me?

Here's the game-changer. It's a split screen movie, with ReZ shown sitting watching it in the audience. Slowly and progressively getting more angry as the audience around him chuckles and enjoys very mundane, unfunny things. Eventually he just freaks out and starts doing improvised Comedy Rainbow, right there in the cinema. As this happens, his segment of the screen expands, filling the screen.

The laughs are replaced with screams and the sound of intense vomiting. He continues, his face now growing to fill the entire screen. Subtitles are brought up, in green.

Then the footage cuts out. The credits roll, backwards.

I think for the next Paranormal Activity, they need to drop the para and just call it Normal Activity. We could have the everyday lives of this average suburban family and throughout there can be this audience laughter at inappropriate times.

Still with me?

Here's the game-changer. It's a split screen movie, with ReZ shown sitting watching it in the audience. Slowly and progressively getting more angry as the audience around him chuckles and enjoys very mundane, unfunny things. Eventually he just freaks out and starts doing improvised Comedy Rainbow, right there in the cinema. As this happens, his segment of the screen expands, filling the screen.

The laughs are replaced with screams and the sound of intense vomiting. He continues, his face now growing to fill the entire screen. Subtitles are brought up, in green.

Then the footage cuts out. The credits roll, backwards.

Brilliant. It can be shown at N-Europe film fest alongside ¬Brothers Clause.

NormalActivity1.jpg

Laughing my ass off right now. Can we actually make these movies? Please?

I'm up for it.

We grab, me, you and Debug Mode + extras/friends. Go to Hemel Cinema. Watch a movie. Wait till everyone leaves, then setup the tripod and cameras, and film the movie.

What could go wrong.

Stroke of genius! :p

As for PA, never seen either of them. Wouldn't mind though as I've never actually seen a horror movie in a cinema. From what some of my friends tell me, it's either terribly shit or the scariest movie they've ever seen and they're still traumatized by the movie.

APPARENTLY what I watched the other day, thinking it was Paranormal Activity, was something else entirely. I watched it on-the-line, and it was exactly the same in concept...but apparently not. This thing I watched was about a Mother and her two adult children being menaced by a spirit who was a succubus/incubus and kept like sexually assaulting the daughter.

Same set-up/idea as Paranormal Activity though, like cameras etc.

Curious.

I actually enjoyed the first one but the fatal flaw with this film was

it was mainly a prequel. You knew that none of the characters were in any real danger of being killed off until the film jumped to the events after the first film. Otherwise it would have been mentioned in PA1 that Katie's sister was terrorised by a demon and her family killed etc. But this film did a good job of explaining why Katie was re-haunted after all those years in the first place

And Katie has got fabulous knorks. And you get to see her in a bikini, so this film gets a mild thumbs up based on this alone.

• 2 weeks later...