N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly Rez it's ridiculous that you want to lynch me because I'm close to majority. I could reveal my power but frankly I thought it was probably better for me to give my actual reason for not being great in this game rather than just going 'NO I'M GOOD AND I DO THIS LOOK', seeing as that was your point. Raise some information you (somehow) have about me being evil and I'll roleclaim etc, but if you're accusation is about me not being around and acting confused when I am here, I'll explain why, because I think that's more appropriate.

Anyway, asking me to roleclaim is ridiculous when you don't have anything that is actually solid about me being evil. All you guys are doing at the moment is making everyone reveal themselves, which makes it much easier for the mafia as they can pinpoint high priority targets.

Seriously, I have to do work now, I just came online to check people had read my explanation but I cannot believe you're still wanting to vote for me despite that. It's Rezdiculous :p

You're only evidence was that he was confused and distant. And he has told us, rather convincingly, why. You have nothing else, and if he dies, and he is townie, we get absolutely nothing from it, no leads, nothing.

If were going so randomly, we might as well go for someone like Dan-likes-trees, he has posted even less than Nintendohnut, if at all. Or gmac.

Vote: Dan-likes-trees

Always very quiet and inactive.

Damn right I want to! BURN HIM! You'd say the same thing if you were mafia/town so it doesn't do anything to dampen my personal suspicions, which I explained, and as I said (apologies if you're a townie and are telling the truth) but I don't believe you. You dirty, dirty man.

Also MadDog will be a target if he isn't mafia. *Protect him*

Wait, having just read your post, what is it that you don't buy? I explained the many reasons why I haven't been online much recently. Check my profile for recent posts and you'll see there aren't many. I just haven't had enough of a chance to play these game recently. You should know as you ran the last one.

Also: I haven't just said "I don't have time". It's not just that, it's due in quite a large part to the internet problem at my gfs. If that were sorted things would be spangly and nice.

Right, that is literally all I can do, short hand is a bitch and I hate it and I have to do it which I hate more. So I'll see all you sexy people later. And you Rez :p

Wait, having just read your post, what is it that you don't buy? I explained the many reasons why I haven't been online much recently. Check my profile for recent posts and you'll see there aren't many. I just haven't had enough of a chance to play these game recently. You should know as you ran the last one.

Also: I haven't just said "I don't have time". It's not just that, it's due in quite a large part to the internet problem at my gfs. If that were sorted things would be spangly and nice.

Right, that is literally all I can do, short hand is a bitch and I hate it and I have to do it which I hate more. So I'll see all you sexy people later. And you Rez :p

Ha! We're sexy. And ReZ is not.

You're only evidence was that he was confused and distant. And he has told us, rather convincingly, why. You have nothing else, and if he dies, and he is townie, we get absolutely nothing from it, no leads, nothing.

Well thats taking paraphrasing to the maximum. I explained fully my suspicions, which yes if summarised is basically what you said, but you miss the point. That I have noted that this is a proven tactic of Nintendohnut's, that I have absolutely noticed before. Its not as simple as he's been away/distant. So obviously he isn't going to get lynched by you people but I'm personally sticking with him at least for now. Its not just that, it is the way he posts aswell. It is his manner, which if you go back and read the posts I quoted seem major fishy.

Like....what would you expect him to say if he was mafia? If you just accept the first response he gives, then you might as well not have even voted for him.

How will MadDog be a target?

x2 vote brah.

So I'll see all you sexy people later. And you Rez :p

Ha! We're sexy. And ReZ is not.

71562_10150284339145581_509970580_15337188_3068737_n.jpg

Well thats taking paraphrasing to the maximum. I explained fully my suspicions, which yes if summarised is basically what you said, but you miss the point. That I have noted that this is a proven tactic of Nintendohnut's, that I have absolutely noticed before. Its not as simple as he's been away/distant. So obviously he isn't going to get lynched by you people but I'm personally sticking with him at least for now. Its not just that, it is the way he posts aswell. It is his manner, which if you go back and read the posts I quoted seem major fishy.

Like....what would you expect him to say if he was mafia? If you just accept the first response he gives, then you might as well not have even voted for him.

See, a problem with telling the truth is that it's often not the most convincing alibi.

No I know that, I'm not questioning the time that you've been on, but I don't buy that you're using that as an excuse to be townie. Like, I don't believe you. Like I said my main suspiciscisicons were what I posted, and the "not been on much" was an afterthought. A coffee to the meal if you will. A meal filled with finger pointing. From my hand.

OK, i've just read the threaaaad. Still very confusing! Here's a summary of whats happened, let's see if we can get anything from this.

First night: Diageo was killed by three black masks.

One of them found out his name, therefore : mafia has an investigator that finds out names.

One punches him to floor: roleblock?

Knifed dead.

Note says Cube gave information for money and was fenced with. This seems to be the actions of other players towards Cube, rather than Cube's own actions.

Possible roles: Fencer and Briber

Cube feels note is wrong, says he was misdirected to another room, was blinded by Smeagol. Says he talks to people.

ReZ backs Cube up on note being a bit wrong.

Smeagol is lynched, he is evil blinding person.

Night 2: Two men are with butler, both fall asleep.

One mentions swords, possibly the fencer, the other is mentioned as a defender.

Pianist (MAFIA) makes them fall asleep.

Black mask kills the Peeps, a butler.

Note says Diageo was visited by Peeps, then had gay sex.

Pianist seems to roleblock all people who target someone.

ReZ claims to have been in the room.

Diageo roleclaims as a doctor, gives a concoction that improves power.

Day ends without conclusion.

Night 3:

No kill.

Clash of swords - fencer?

ReZ punched in face (roleblock?)

Aquila leaves game, replaced by Peeps

Peeps/Aquila is Marlene, Butler's accomplice.

ReZ says the note appears accurate.

Peeps confirms that Butler tried to investigate Diageo before death.

Marlene is a maid.

HeroJan receives tea, presumably from Diageo.

Ellmeister says he couldnt target Diageo.

ReZ targeted Cube but it failed.

People unable to target Diageo - piano player? Or another misdirector?

MadDog name claims as Victor Campbell.

Cube says this is true.

MadDog says Ell is Desmond Lawrence.

Eenuh claims to know a name too.

MadDog has a double vote. Claims to have day power too, claims to be a judge and finds out different things depending on night/person targeted.

Claims Ell is good.

ReZ leads lynch against Dohnut due to change in playing style.

Make of all of this what you will.

Maybe we need all people who know names to come out with them, then we can make a player/role/name list.

ARGH I can't let myself die so I keep checking, I hope you feel bad for stopping me working rez.

In terms of you're thing that you've noticed (apparently) about how I act when I'm a mafia member, I'd like to take you back through the last, like 8 games.

If you have a little gander through there, you'll see that, in actual fact, I have only been in the mafia in one of the last load of games (seriously, since we started up again I mean) and that was yours Rez. That was the first time I've been in the mafia for AGES.

I would also like to point out that, as your game has just finished, all the same problems applied to me then as well, with a lack of time or internet. So while I was, up to a point, being an awesome mafia member in your game, I also didn't really have a lot of time to check the thread etc.

So yeah, you're whole thing about me acting like this all the time when I'm in the mafia isn't really an explanation when I've only done it in one game recently. In all the other games where I've been acting like this (which have been the last 3 or so, seeing as they've all be on while I've been at this course) I've been a townie. Diageo's one stands out in the memory as one where I didn't know what I was doing due to lack of time. Also the one where you were a dohnut and I was satan. That one was tough for me to.

Anyway, what I'm saying is while I have acted like this in several games recently, I've only been mafia in one, and therefore you saying you've noticed that I do it whenever I'm a mafia member doesn't really work.

Stupidly long post again, but I want to try and make people realise I'm not evil and that we should really be moving on in this day because we're wasting time. And so am I. WORK DOHNUT YOU FOOL! DOOOOO WOOOOOOOORK!

ARGH I can't let myself die so I keep checking, I hope you feel bad for stopping me working rez.

In terms of you're thing that you've noticed (apparently) about how I act when I'm a mafia member, I'd like to take you back through the last, like 8 games.

If you have a little gander through there, you'll see that, in actual fact, I have only been in the mafia in one of the last load of games (seriously, since we started up again I mean) and that was yours Rez. That was the first time I've been in the mafia for AGES.

I would also like to point out that, as your game has just finished, all the same problems applied to me then as well, with a lack of time or internet. So while I was, up to a point, being an awesome mafia member in your game, I also didn't really have a lot of time to check the thread etc.

So yeah, you're whole thing about me acting like this all the time when I'm in the mafia isn't really an explanation when I've only done it in one game recently. In all the other games where I've been acting like this (which have been the last 3 or so, seeing as they've all be on while I've been at this course) I've been a townie. Diageo's one stands out in the memory as one where I didn't know what I was doing due to lack of time. Also the one where you were a dohnut and I was satan. That one was tough for me to.

Anyway, what I'm saying is while I have acted like this in several games recently, I've only been mafia in one, and therefore you saying you've noticed that I do it whenever I'm a mafia member doesn't really work.

Stupidly long post again, but I want to try and make people realise I'm not evil and that we should really be moving on in this day because we're wasting time. And so am I. WORK DOHNUT YOU FOOL! DOOOOO WOOOOOOOORK!

Yeah but from what I've seen personally you acted differently as a townie. We disagree, so thats fine that is. Old chap. Etc. Don't let me tempt you back with my accusations.

Mafia guess

If I was to guess a mafia, using the classic mafia tactic of post little to avoid suspiscscsion I would guess;

gmac

Zell

The Peeps (previously Aqui1a)

mr-paul

Nintendohnut? (Got to put him in this list after my previous accusations, despite his postings) :p

Pure guesses based on few posts etc/something to get juices running.

Seriously though, we have to do something.

I'd just like to point out a few things:

Maddog is indeed correct that my name is Desmond Lawrence. Therefore I trust he has the night power. I trust he is also good.

Now, as for Diageo:

Not only have we not been able to do anything to him at night (suspcious mafia power?), he constantly attacked Maddog and did not relent, THEN when things got turned onto Nintendohnut he was reluctant to vote for him. Once he did, after one post (albeit a long post) he quickly took it away.

I'd wager that if Nintendohnut is indeed mafia, so is diageo.

What does everyone think of this theory?

And thanks Eenuh for also defending me as good. I don't know when you found that out, but I can affirm I am the banker who pays people a townie

I "relented" as soon as Rez told us he was 5th to vote for Sméagol with a double vote.

I voted for Nintendohnut, for the sole reason that he was inactive, without giving a plausible excuse. I have since then heard an excuse, therefore I no longer have basis for the vote.

What about me giving HeroJan the power to use his ability twice, is that just ignored in your reasoning?

There is no time limit, we have no reason to rush this.

I "relented" as soon as Rez told us he was 5th to vote for Sméagol with a double vote.

I voted for Nintendohnut, for the sole reason that he was inactive, without giving a plausible excuse. I have since then heard an excuse, therefore I no longer have basis for the vote.

What about me giving HeroJan the power to use his ability twice, is that just ignored in your reasoning?

There is no time limit, we have no reason to rush this.

I'm sorry I may have missed this, but what else have you done?

You and heroic may be in cahoots together and making that up since he may have a one time use of that anyway. *is being perhaps too paranoid*

I'm sorry I may have missed this, but what else have you done?

You and heroic may be in cahoots together and making that up since he may have a one time use of that anyway. *is being perhaps too paranoid*

Have I done today? During night phases? All together? Please specify.

Me an heroicJanitor in a team? Hasn't someone said they know he's good, I'm not sure. Why would you believe me anyway, I am famous for being paranoid and twisting words.

:( I don't understand why people still think I'm mafia. Maybe I should just have a break from these games until I have more time to take part cause at the moment I'm clearly not participating enough (despite posting more than several other players) :(

Apparently Rez is eager to kill you, you have alerted his Mafia senses and there's nothing you can do about it now.

reason for me being quiet is I don't ever seem to have anything to add!

Having read through most of the explosion of posts within the last few hours both Rez and Dohnut's explanations seem plausible

does anyone have any info to suggest Rez is town? As he could just as easily be Mafia and trying to shift focus on to an innocent player