N-Europe

The Social Network (Movie)

ReZourceman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never used it either, and frankly I don't see why I should ever start. The same applies to every social network (I did use myspace a couple years back).

Because it's easier and cheaper than texting people? Because it's an incredibly easy method of organising / hearing about / deciding whether to go to events? Because it's perfect for sharing photos? Because it's easy to use and well laid out?

I get it's downsides but to be honest I don't really why someone wouldn't have a facebook page these days.

Because it's easier and cheaper than texting people? Because it's an incredibly easy method of organising / hearing about / deciding whether to go to events? Because it's perfect for sharing photos? Because it's easy to use and well laid out?

I get it's downsides but to be honest I don't really why someone wouldn't have a facebook page these days.

I don't know how it works there, but here texts are free and it's not easier to contact someone through the internet than it is through their mobile phone, dan.

Events? I'm already too busy as it is, what could it possibly do for me?

I never really "got" the interest in photos (overall, not just in facebook). But that's just me, of course... however, there are better ways to share photos.

I agree that it's easy to use and well laid out, but considering it's useless to me, I don't really see that as a reason to use it.

As for the downsides, I really don't think there are any, that's not what I'm saying... I just think it's pointless, overall.

The only possible "downside" I see to it is that half of the people who use it waste way too much time on it that could be spent elsewhere doing more productive things.

So why do you think I should get a facebook page? What would I gain from it?

Not hating on facebook, I'm indifferent to it, just asking honestly.

I'm in the same camp that does not care for Facebook.

I have an account, but I very rarely get on it.

Not that it does not have any benefits, they are just things I could not care less about and in some cases are an annoyance for me.

Things like people pestering me about no accepting some friend invites, replying to their pics or just assuming that there is no need to contact me saying: "Party at my place (at whenever) because they posted it on Facebook.

or just assuming that there is no need to contact me saying: "Party at my place (at whenever) because they posted it on Facebook.

There's a reason right there. It's now a legit way to broadcast social info, and those that don't keep up with it are the ones that lose out. If none of your friends use it, then yeah, it'd be a waste, but if you have a lot of friends that use it then it adds an extra layer of sociality. And other stuff too.

It's just fun. If you have interesting people on your feed, that is.

I don't know how it works there, but here texts are free and it's not easier to contact someone through the internet than it is through their mobile phone, dan.

Events? I'm already too busy as it is, what could it possibly do for me?

I never really "got" the interest in photos (overall, not just in facebook). But that's just me, of course... however, there are better ways to share photos.

I agree that it's easy to use and well laid out, but considering it's useless to me, I don't really see that as a reason to use it.

As for the downsides, I really don't think there are any, that's not what I'm saying... I just think it's pointless, overall.

The only possible "downside" I see to it is that half of the people who use it waste way too much time on it that could be spent elsewhere doing more productive things.

So why do you think I should get a facebook page? What would I gain from it?

Not hating on facebook, I'm indifferent to it, just asking honestly.

Fair points.

I pointed out the reasons for getting one in my first post, but the way I see it is that in this day and age it's actually easier to have a facebook page than to not. It's not like you have to check it every day, you get emails. As I say it's just a far more convenient way to keep in touch with everyone and everything, particularly with group organisation. Example: going to the cinema in a group. It is definitely easer to start a thread with everyone going to organize what time's best for everyone than to text everyone individually or whatever (and for me that saves a couple of quid as here texts are 10p each)

And let's be honest, we all have internet forum accounts here, which really isn't actually that different to having a facebook page. It's just another method of internet communication.

But anyway, I'm sounding like a facebook employee, I'm not saying you should necessarily get one, and the best thing about it is probably the photo and video sharing, so if you're not fussed about that then maybe it's not worth it. I just don't see the point in not having it, it takes 5 minutes to make an account and then it's not like anyone's saying you have to use it anyway.

It is incredibly useful, and often fun. Friends who go on the internet all the time but don't have one annoy me. Just set it to upate you via e-mail whenever you're contacted/get a message and leave it alone. But it just helps, having one.

It is incredibly useful, and often fun. Friends who go on the internet all the time but don't have one annoy me. Just set it to upate you via e-mail whenever you're contacted/get a message and leave it alone. But it just helps, having one.

Exactly. It's incredibly useful for keeping in touch with people. I often send people messages who I would never usually contact through other means but get on really well with, extended family etc. Sharing photos is fantastic as they are quick and easy to do and tehre's a fantastic way to see all the photos you're in and then discuss them online too. I love uploading a batch of photos and seeing what people say about them. There some hilarious discussions on Facebook about them.

The primary reason I don't use it is because I don't have any friends who use it. I have nothing against it (although, I do dislike the way it gets used sometimes, but that has nothing to do with the service itself). The only real reason at the moment I can see for myself having an account would be making it easier for an old friend to get in contact with me, ect.