NEurope
flameboy

Extra Life 24 hour gamathon 16th October, Watch Us, Join Us, Play Online, SPONSOR US!

Good job guys. Eyes / head hurting much?

yes am knackered worn out. Worst thing is achey body. Also despite drinking plenty of fluids for most of the night I am feeling really dehydrated. Day in front of TV watchin footie is the order of the day for me.

39584_10150293547035187_506080186_15383956_8103359_n.jpg

Balls.

haha wait till he gets home and sees that classic! Well my house is back to normal...its as if it never happened...except for all the great memories so many funny stories.

Is there a date for when the remaining sponsorship money has to go in by? I thought I remembered reading one when we all signed up but im not sure now. Ive finally got confirmation that I will be getting a few more, I figured they were just hoping id forgotten they promised some money.

Made it home without dying. I'm not actually that tired. Bet I will be tomorrow though.

Thanks to everyone who came into the chat room to talk to us. I didn't reply a lot since I was mainly on the PSP, but I did read most of them. It helped keep things interesting! Thanks guys!

Thanks to everyone who donated too. Got a lot more than I expected.

Is there a date for when the remaining sponsorship money has to go in by? I thought I remembered reading one when we all signed up but im not sure now. Ive finally got confirmation that I will be getting a few more, I figured they were just hoping id forgotten they promised some money.

Yes it has to be in by 15th November. I got another $8 sponsor this morning plus got £10 to collect tomorrow at work AND I owe $10 to Mike for losing the Wii Sports Contest (should have gone double or quits on Scene It lol) So we are gonna continue to break our target as the week goes on...

Made it home without dying. I'm not actually that tired. Bet I will be tomorrow though.

Thanks to everyone who came into the chat room to talk to us. I didn't reply a lot since I was mainly on the PSP, but I did read most of them. It helped keep things interesting! Thanks guys!

Thanks to everyone who donated too. Got a lot more than I expected.

Glad to hear your home alright. I've not left the sofa since you guys left and now I am perking up a bit might pull another all nighter!

Yes it has to be in by 15th November. I got another $8 sponsor this morning plus got £10 to collect tomorrow at work AND I owe $10 to Mike for losing the Wii Sports Contest (should have gone double or quits on Scene It lol) So we are gonna continue to break our target as the week goes on...

That should be fine then, ive got a £30 on the way and whatever my sister promised me (I dont actually remember)

That should be fine then, ive got a £30 on the way and whatever my sister promised me (I dont actually remember)

that is awesome....our figure is gonna end up a fair bit higher then, for everyone I am working on a little memento for the event...keep checking back it should be up tonight!

I had a great time (apart from my disaster journey on the way home!! Was good seeing you again Flameboy, meeting you Goafer and of course raising money for a good cause!

Thanks you people that donated from this site and the banter on chat and online from various people!!

Ok here goes my hastily edited photo reel of our 24 hours:

I feel bizarrely moved after watching it I dunno if thats because I'm stupidly tired, going soft and soppy or profoundly proud of both ourselves for bothering to go ahead and do it or for all our sponsors who put the effort in to pay up or for some of the hilarity that happened via the webcam, Rory the pokemon, Dyson and lil Dyson, random shout outs, Mike's whole shift at work seemingly watching us! Also thanks to all those who came for multiplayer tis shame my connection crapped out for a couple of hours.

So one last roll call for sponsors we have till 15th November to get them in Extra Life have so far raised over $400,000 which hammers the last two years by miles so please add your money to the pot and help out those children who need would greatly benefit from anything you spare...

Finally who wants to do it next year? We got idea buzzing around already about how to make it far more than this year! If we can raise $400 with little more than a few weeks prep imagine what we can do with more effort and man power!

right thats it I'm done sleep time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thanks again everyone! What a weekend same place in 6 days time? LOL :laughing:

Edited by flameboy

I'm considering it, not sure whether I would be able to though :heh:

honestly I'm not saying its easy but you do hurtle through the time pretty quickly it didn't hit me until about 2/3am by which time we were on the home straight, btw cheers for the uncharted 2 games we will have do it again some time. Did you watch the vid i just posted?

Not yet, I'll have a look later.

The co-op was good actually! I'll certainly be up for it again sometime.

well I'm happy right now. Got another $24 sponsor for the whole event from an ex-work colleague. Also a few bits and pieces from work with more to come I'm now on $103.05. As a group we have now raised $437.55 so we are racing away from our original $384 target and will likely go even further away from it.

Like I've said before we have till 15th November to get sponsors in so please please help us beat our target and set an even higher standard to beat next year!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

EDIT:

Plus I sponsored Mike the agreed $10 as the wii sports loser. So we are not on $447. We are hurtling towards $500!!!! AMAZING!

EDIT 2:

I just got another small donation so we are now past the $450 mark!

Edited by flameboy

Cheers Mr Flame!

Im still on a bit of a buzz about the event!! First time ive raised money for a good cause and had some fun as well.

Cheers Mr Flame!

Im still on a bit of a buzz about the event!! First time ive raised money for a good cause and had some fun as well.

I know I'm proper buzzing! Also the fact that the sponsors keep coming in is keeping me on it.Just got another £5! Works been awesome and now I've actually done it and shown the youtube vid I have a lot more clout for sponsors I feel.

I know I'm proper buzzing! Also the fact that the sponsors keep coming in is keeping me on it.Just got another £5! Works been awesome and now I've actually done it and shown the youtube vid I have a lot more clout for sponsors I feel.

I might be lucky and get another 1 or 2 in work tomorrow... however most of my shift had sponsored me anyway!!

As the dust settles on the big day, and stock in companies that make Clear Eyes and Red Bull skyrockets, the aftermath of Extra Life 2010 is just now becoming apparent. Donations continue to come in, and not in a trickle either. We’re over $430,000 raised for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals now.

Before we drop the confetti though, we need to remember that almost a third of Extra Life players are actually doing Extra Life THIS Saturday on the official make-up day. Those folks will hit their fever pitch on Thursday of this week.

So we still have a ways to go.

Donations will officially close on November 15th. Anything collected AFTER that date will be counted towards the 2011 total.

If you’re holding cash, your best bet is to make a deposit to your account and then make a lump sum donation online in that amount. If you are holding checks or cash for people that need a tax reciept, please use the check form TODAY and mail those in ASAP. You’ll find the form just under your picture on the donation page.

As many of you turn from Extra Life 2010 back into Real Life 2010, I hope that you found it fun and easy. I humbly ask that you please consider joining us again next year, as we iron out a few more kinks, and make the process of raising money for local kids as smooth and intuitive as possible.

We know we have some work to do, and that starts today. Thank you so much for your patience throughout this year’s event.

If you have any thoughts you would like to share, please do so at doc-at-sarcasticgamer-dot-com

I’ll keep you updated on the totals every day or two until we close out the event officially.

From the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of the thousands of families that face the unthinkable each day, on behalf of the hardest working doctors and nurses at the world’s best Children’s hospitals, on behalf of our grateful staff at SarcasticGamer.com, and on behalf of the dedicated team at Children’s Miracle Network…

Thank you. You were perfect.

Stay in touch.

Crazy to think how much higher the total can still get with the catch up weekend!

I feel very privileged that we've done our part as a community and that I got to share this experience with Luke and Mike and I hope next year (cos yes we are doing it again) that we can make it even better than this year. We will also work on making it a more interactive streaming experience I've got ideas buzzing around already!Having said that keep sponsoring and help make this an greater total to aim to beat next year!

Please keep checking in this thread to check our updates talk about if you'd like to us next year etc...I've got a video treat to come up closer to the donations deadline so keep your eyes peeled.

I'd definitely like to join you next year, fyi. I'm excellent at staying awake and have good experience of playing games for far too many hours.

I'd definitely like to join you next year, fyi. I'm excellent at staying awake and have good experience of playing games for far too many hours.

ok well I think we will start to think about where people are in the country and what the spreads like around the country....I'm more than happy to host and even started to think of ways to cram more tvs in my lounge...I think I could accomodate a few more. Obviously if other people wanna start opening up their places that would be great. I guess seperate North and South groups could be an option...