NEurope
flameboy

Extra Life 24 hour gamathon 16th October, Watch Us, Join Us, Play Online, SPONSOR US!

I'd definitely like to join you next year, fyi. I'm excellent at staying awake and have good experience of playing games for far too many hours.

Then you are qualified! ;)

Then you are qualified! ;)

yeah what he said...trust me though 24 hours is more gruelling than you'd think....I was fine until about the 18 hour mark and then it felt brutal and time slowed right down...

ok well I think we will start to think about where people are in the country and what the spreads like around the country....I'm more than happy to host and even started to think of ways to cram more tvs in my lounge...I think I could accomodate a few more. Obviously if other people wanna start opening up their places that would be great. I guess seperate North and South groups could be an option...

I'm always willing to travel anywhere from anywhere, but I agree! Next year it'd be great to have several gigs going on at once.

I've played Fallout 3 for 18 hours straight before, I think mixing the games up would keep me on form!

As mentioned previously, I'm definitely up for it! :D

Where abouts are you? I'm trying to start getting some planning done already! I've got a post-event treat for you btw!

My total is now at $130.23 thanks to another $24 donation :) Just got £5 off a colleague as well so total keeps going up. We are now at $474.73 as a team which is fantastic. I genuninely think we can really make a push for the $500 mark so lets do it please if you havn't donated please do watch the youtube video and see that we actually did sit there

EDIT:

Ok so now I'm at work and gobsmacked! I just put on another $15 from work and that coupled with another donation for mike (i think) has sent us shooting straight past $500 to $513! Incredible stuff cannot believe how much money we made!!!

Edited by flameboy

Showed the vid at work today and got more sponsors!! My total now stands at $250.10! (£159)

Our team total is now $513.44!!! (£326)

EDIT: Just noticed adams edit above, he beat me 2 it...

Edited by Mike1988uk

Showed the vid at work today and got more sponsors!! My total now stands at $250.10! (£159)

Our team total is now $513.44!!! (£326)

EDIT: Just noticed adams edit above, he beat me 2 it...

haha yeah I happen to be at computer so saw it as it happened (At first I thought mine had gone through twice) whilst students play wii sports of all things....

So what next $600?!!!!

EDIT:

BOOM

We are now moving away from $500 I just put another 10 bucks on and we are at $523.33! Incredible as everyday passes I get more and more bowled back peoples generous donations...

Edited by flameboy

I'm based right down south in Hampshire, it's a 4 hour drive to you guys. :heh:

I'm always willing to travel anywhere from anywhere, but I agree! Next year it'd be great to have several gigs going on at once.

I've played Fallout 3 for 18 hours straight before, I think mixing the games up would keep me on form!

Well your up here so making it here would be ok. I've totally thought of ways to accomodate at least another two "gaming stations" in my lounge. Moving the sofa will work wonders and free up another whole wall?! I'm defintely up for it. Sleeping could be a problem but we will work something out....

I'm based right down south in Hampshire, it's a 4 hour drive to you guys. :heh:

Like I said hopefully we can get a north and south team going. If not though hell come up the night before etc...Goafer did it he was a 3 hour drive. Where in Hampshire?! It's where I'm from originally.

Aldershot, it's a 10 minute train journey from Guildford. Would probably be able to do an overnight thingus!

Aldershot, it's a 10 minute train journey from Guildford. Would probably be able to do an overnight thingus!

Yeah yeah I know Aldershot, previously from Portsmouth myself. Anywhere yeah the offer is there and I'm certainly up for hosting it was joy to do it!

Edited by flameboy

Actually I'm back in brighton these days, just can't be arsed changing my details - but travelling doesn't bother me!

Well your up here so making it here would be ok. I've totally thought of ways to accomodate at least another two "gaming stations" in my lounge. Moving the sofa will work wonders and free up another whole wall?! I'm defintely up for it. Sleeping could be a problem but we will work something out....

Technically there would be extra space for sleeping, providing ppl don't mind sharing rooms! Like maybe moving the double bed in ur second bedroom to a side wall creating space for a sleeping bag to fit etc etc

Anything is possible! lol

Technically there would be extra space for sleeping, providing ppl don't mind sharing rooms! Like maybe moving the double bed in ur second bedroom to a side wall creating space for a sleeping bag to fit etc etc

Anything is possible! lol

Yeah your right. Sleeping bag could fit in my room as well...so thats like what 5 people.... I've thought if I moved my sofa to infront of the window that frees up that whole wall for 2 maybe 3 game stations...

Anyway we now up to $528 I just put another donation on...

I'm defo up for hosting it and I know you wanna come back cos of the pizza place!

Ok jayseven if you wanna come up from Brighton thats cool!

I'm defo up for hosting it and I know you wanna come back cos of the pizza place!

You know me 2 well!

In other news i got another £10 donation which i need to stick on! :)

You know me 2 well!

In other news i got another £10 donation which i need to stick on! :)

which is like $15 so puts as at $543!!!

http://bitmob.com/articles/extra-life-2010-24-hours-of-charity-gaming-goodness

Few pics of an extra lifer playing. My buzz from it has somewhat worn off and now I am back in the daily grind of Real Life 2010 crazy to think it only happened a week ago. I was considering putting in some overtime this weekend as its catch up weekend for those who didn't manage it last weekend. However had a mental week at work and need sleep.

Thats another $24 donated, im just waiting for the cheque from my dad to turn up now.

awesome we keep pulling ever further from our target I'm actually getting kinda worried that we won't beat it next year!

Local Totals can be found here:

http://extralife.sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2010/10/extra-life-2010-local-totals.html#more-57757

For Goafer, Happenstance and myself we were 3 of the 112 that went towards this total:

England Bristol Bristol Royal Hospital for Children 112 $5,225.66

and Mike you were one of the 28:

England Cardiff Children’s Hospital for Wales $1,554.04

So far raised a massive

$451,022!

which is incredible! Hope everyone who has expressed an interest will be up for it next year and we can make our total even bigger!

SUPER BUMP

Sorry for bumping but i wanted to share an image of a t-shirt i got today from America for raising over the set amount and didn't feel it warranted it's own thread!

It's got me excited for taking part at the end of the year again. :)