N-Europe

The Flintstones

Beast

One of my favourite cartoons ever turns 50 today. I love the Hanna Barbera cartoons, especially The Flintstones and Top Cat. I feel like finding all the episodes for them both and watching them, haha. Is there anybody else feeling the Bedrock love? :p

Edited by Animal

I love the atmosphere of the Flintstones...it always gave off the sense that where they lived was really desolate, no one else was there etc.

That's in hindsight. It was one of my faves when I was younger. I hated how I never saw the episode/s introducing Pebbles and Bam-Bam. Do they even exist? Do you see Wilma struggle through pregnancy?

Man, Flintstones is a classic, great animation for the time. The setting, plots and jokes definitely pass right over me, though.

I always preferred Top Cat and Dick Dastardly (and Muttley, of course)

That's in hindsight. It was one of my faves when I was younger. I hated how I never saw the episode/s introducing Pebbles and Bam-Bam. Do they even exist? Do you see Wilma struggle through pregnancy?

I remember the episode where Wilma said she was pregnant and I vaguely remember the episode where she had the baby.

Bam-Bam, on the other hand, I never saw the episode where he was left at Barney's door.

You just don't get cartoons like this no more. I used to love watching The Flintstones, especially when they finished Cartoon Network off at 6:30pm (before it turned crap with 24 hour running times).

I don't remember many episodes though, but i do remember the early ones without Pebbles and Bam-Bam and some of the new ones with them.

I love The Flintstones. I wish I could live in that world...or I wish this world had technology powered by sarcastic animals.

You do see Wilma pregnant (although I don't think it was for long) and give birth (you see Fred pacing the waiting room anyway, so much so he creates a groove). Bam Bam's episode was on in the last few months on BBC at some point. He's left on the doorstep, the Rubbles look after him but when they try and legally adopt him he's taken away from them as its first come first served. The person who should get him however ends up giving up custody after winning the case because he just found out his wife is pregnant.

Not so fond of the live action movies though, or at least their choice of Rosie O'Donnell for Betty. Yeah, Rosie is okay as a comedian but Betty is hot...Rosie is not :p

I always disliked Hanna Barbararara cartoons.

Wait, what? YOU don't like them? Now that I did not expect!

I remember Wilma having Pebbles in a feature-length movie I have on video somewhere but I don't remember how the Rubbles got Bamm Bamm. I'd like to see that episode though.

Also Ashley, good find!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvjgZeialeY&p=D9EBE681B48D259D&playnext=1&index=7

All the movies and specials of The Flintstones are here.

I do too happen to love the flintstones, and I been watching lately when it was on bbc2, though it kind of made me wonder...why exactly did/do I like it so much? It's a strange beast.

Top Cat is amazing though. He might even have been my avatar at one point...