N-Europe

MARVEL Mafia Game Thread

chairdriver

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect Cube because he's laying low and when he accused janitor he didn't mention any other suspicions he might've had... Little things like that.

Paj Meen Ah... I suspected him because of an offhand remark, but thinking better, it's not worth following.

Dyson is also a candidate, always.

I'm more suspicious of Jonnas as he was very keen to lynch HeroicJanitor yesterday.

I don't blame you, that was a huge mistake of mine.

Jonnas what was your power before you lost it?

If I targeted the same person that Elektra targeted, that person would die. When MadDog died, his power came up as "vigilante", so I suspect he had the same power as I had (replacing "Elektra" with "Daredevil").

I think chair was experimenting, but I don't think it worked that well.

I suspect Cube because he's laying low and when he accused janitor he didn't mention any other suspicions he might've had... Little things like that.

I've been sorting out my old computer (as my laptop is getting repaired), and I haven't even had chance to install Chrome yet (I'm using IE...urgh).

Anyway, it seems to me that you're saying I'm mafia because I'm not trying to stur s**t up? We got some damn good evidence against Janitor and we went with it. If we knew that he was not just a smiple roleblocker then it would have happened differently.

That is true, if heroicjanitor had told us he was a jail keeper i definitely would not have voted for him. I was Still reluctant anyway. It seemed like the mafia killed ReZ to make him look suspicious and then got him lynched. And Jonnas being at the forefront makes him suspicious.

Also the mafia may have been waiting for someone to make a move on HeroicJanitor before pouncing. Which may have been Dannyboy taking the opportunity to get things rolling.

It could also be that Jonnas just made a genuine mistake too.

I don't know where to go from here.

I thought Jonnas pushed it pretty hard ... I didn't trust him, so I targetted him again tonight. I got that he had no target, though, and that seems to lend credibility to his story. I dunno, something makes me believe him. Maybe he's just a good liar, I dunno. :p

But yeah, if HJ had told us his entire role, things would have been entirely different. Our lead wasn't bad per se. The logic made sense. It was just a wrong lead.

Anyway, it seems to me that you're saying I'm mafia because I'm not trying to stur s**t up? We got some damn good evidence against Janitor and we went with it. If we knew that he was not just a smiple roleblocker then it would have happened differently.

Yeah, I know, it was just a hunch.

I will say one thing: the reason I was so keen on lynching janitor was due to chair's time limit. That's why I was at the forefront, putting my hide on the line.

Now, Vote: Dyson

If no one else comes forward with info, I'll go with the guy who said he didn't want to play.

By the way, who did you guys target? Danny's and Diageo's powers are out in the open, so feel free to speak. Anyone else who may ascertain something from that info, also say something.

New post: Yeah, Danny. No more power-using from me.

Isn't Dyson one step away from being replaced anyway?

Also, maybe Jonnas has a power where his actions are invisible and so made up that had no power because it would fit well with his power.

A power where you get to vigilante kill someone if another random person targets the same person seems like a very difficult power, especially if you become useless after one dies. This reminds me of when ReZ was complaining Marth was a broken power to gain credibility and so people would believe his power of invincibility.

Isn't Dyson one step away from being replaced anyway?

Also, maybe Jonnas has a power where his actions are invisible and so made up that had no power because it would fit well with his power.

A power where you get to vigilante kill someone if another random person targets the same person seems like a very difficult power, especially if you become useless after one dies. This reminds me of when ReZ was complaining Marth was a broken power to gain credibility and so people would believe his power of invincibility.

Yeah, but I would gain nothing from saying I don't have a power (I think).

I thought ReZ was Elektra at first, when he mentioned scantily-cladness. Which is why I said that I trusted him slightly that day and vote Dyson "just because". I was dropping a vague hint that I was going to target Dyson that night, just to see if ReZ would follow up. But he was the wrong kind of scantily-clad :heh:

I also targeted jayseven for the hell of it on the first night. Thinking about it, he's done nothing so far...

Anyway, Dannyboy wasted a night on me. He did exactly what I told him not to do, because I am seriously powerless right now.

Diageo, who did you protect, anyway? I'm guessing Dannyboy was one of your targets, no? Who was the other one?

By the way, I would think someone from the mafia would point out the inactives, if only to get a free, safe lynch. The fact that no one did it yet leads me to suspect said inactives. Zell and jayseven, I'm suspecting both right now. I'll let Dyson off the hook for now, but i'll keep an eye. Withdraw Vote

I protected Dannyboy and Paj.

I don't actually get told if it's the silence protection or the kill protection. But if it was the kill protection today, then I can't save you tomorrow Dannyboy.

Also, if you say you don't have a power, and your power is somehow stealthy, people believe you to be a harmless townie while you pull the strings behind the scene.

I don't know though, your story is elaborate enough to make me trust you.

Also, could it be that no one died because someone protected me? Do you think they chanced that I wouldn't be protected?

Edited by Diageo
Automerged Doublepost

Seems weird that no one would die. It must be because of a roleblock or similar because without a write-up there's no reason for the mafia not to kill, surely?

I agree with you guys about heroicjanitor, if he had said his full role he may have been a bit more credible but as it stands we voted for him because his story didn't add up and it turns out he was lying (in part).

I am concerned about the inactives in this game though. Either we've got a few people who have lost interest or they're laying low because they're mafia. Unfortunately with no one coming forward with info there's no way to tell.

Re-read the entire thread, made some brief notes. All I've learned so far is that Rummy is neutral. Since there's not much going on, i'd say he is the best person to vote for. I just don't think he'll have the same win condition as us townies, he also sems keen to lynch people on very little information.

Vote: Rummy