N-Europe

Fifa 2011

Ellmeister

I played the PES 2011 demo for the first time last week and my impressions were fairly positive. I downloaded the FIFA 11 demo and, while it is good, I'm not sure how I feel about it in comparison to FIFA 10.. it is certainly more difficult to play, I feel :eek:

I had another game of PES 2011 a couple of days ago and, to be honest, it felt absolutely horrible for the most part.. but then I had a game with the 'snowman tonight after the FIFA 11 demo. To my surprise, it actually felt really good. I had basically decided on FIFA 11.. but now I might go with PES 2011 for something different! We played with the Game Speed "+2" and it worked quite well :smile: I might have another game before Match of the Day 2..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we sold 300 copies last night, people started queueing at 10:30, it was proper mental for a supermarket.

Luckily we had enough and I picked one up during my break. Though I'm not sure why, whilst I see differences in tackling, passing and penalties. It appears almost the same as it plays, though career mode looks so much better.

..so.. how is everyone feeling about FIFA 11 now that you've had a few days to get to grips with it?

My brother got it earlier in the week and we played a single game of it before I had to head out.. and I actually haven't played it again :eek: I'm finding it difficult to get excited about it.. but hopefully that'll change when my friend gets it and we start to play it regularly :smile:

PES 2011 should be arriving tomorrow and, for whatever reason, I find that thought of getting my hands on that more appealing right now..

Very strange :indeed:

• 2 weeks later...

Housemate has bought pro evo, so I've been trying to like that. But..I just can't. Some major faults (goalkeepers/ AI in general) really annoy me. Some bits are good, replays look awesome and goals generally look more worked to do but I think I'm going to have to get Fifa as my mate from home says its better than 10 and I love that game.

I still haven't really felt any desire to buy this myself yet :hmm:

I play it at my friend's house every so often and although my opinion of it has improved since my first experience of the game, I'm certainly not feeling any great sense of excitement about it :sad:

It's a good game, don't get me wrong.. but part of me thinks that the FIFA we have come to know over the last couple of seasons may already be starting to get a little old in a way.

I was really hoping Pro Evo would be great this year as I have definitely missed it in recent years. That's not to say I didn't really enjoy FIFA 10 (Hell, I practically bought an XBOX 360 for it :indeed:) but part of my love for it came from the fact that finally we had a great football game to play since Pro Evo became extremely stale. Unfortunately, FIFA could be in line to meet to same fate somewhere down the line so I hope either EA or Konami can provide something refreshing again in a year or two..

PES 2011 is definitely an improvement over what went before but there are far too many noticeable flaws that hold it back, despite the great new passing system (which was long overdue!)

FIFA 11 is probably better than FIFA 10 in many ways, but I do have a number of gripes which include the fact that crosses into the box often favour the attacking team ever if the defender should win the ball and is in a better position. I've even had instances where my defender is in pole position and then stepped behind the attacker and let him have it :mad: The crossing has also been destroyed :hmm:

Edited by nekunando

Got it yesterday.

I hated the demo mostly, although I could see it had something. After playing it alot yesterday, I think it's awesome. Once you get used to the passing, and learn when to send players on runs. It becomes immense. Career mode is miles better than

Manager mode was. If you hated the demo like me, don't immediately ignore the actual game. They seem totally different.

I wasn't particularly fond of the demo at the time (not least because I almost always use Liverpool and they obviously weren't available :indeed:)

Manager Mode doesn't really matter that much as I only really play football games against friends now.. for the most part :heh: Having said that, I recently returned to my Master League in ISS Pro Evolution 2 for the PS1 and it is probably the most fun I have had with a football game in several months :grin: That game is still awesome..

Who has this for the PS3? I'd set up a friends league if there was a few of us.

I can get access to my brother's PS3 some afternoons but playing in the evening might not be possible due to him getting home from work and our internet being capped during peak time :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...