NEurope
ReZourceman

The Wire

Ugh... that was terrible. :sad:

You mean that...

It's sad how Omar was taken out so easily going from being this almost invincible, fearsome individual to being just another statistic in the blink of an eye

Or just that you thought that it was a terrible moment story wise?

I actually liked it, though I was shocked.

I just wanted him to make it, though I knew all along that it was never going to happen.

:sad:

How it happened and the disappointing aftermath made perfect sense, though.

Edited by Magnus

Quite amazing really considering Omar was feared based on his reputation - not many would stand up to him, and it took a small child to realise that he was hurt and vulnerable with his broken leg and he could be easily taken out. Yes, he deserved his showdown with Marlo, but stuff like this is what makes this show so damned awesome!

Yeah, it's not a show that often does what you expect. For better and for worse.

Goodbye, Omar.

:cry:

Dunno if anyone cares or not but Dominic West (McNulty) and Clarke Peters (Freemon) are in a production of Othello in Sheffield next month. Can't wait!

Dominic's also in BBC's 'The Hour', but I haven't been watching.

Oh shit. West is Iago I presume? That could actually be incredible.

straight up. Word is they changed Iago's last line to "the fuck did I do?" :heh:

And now you know that the answer to this...

And how random was...

Rawls in the gay bar??? Wonder if they'll elaborate on that in any way?

... Is "nope" (though I don't think you expected anything else from this show). :heh:

Funnily enough, I recently watched the entirety of Friday Night Lights, and they had a similar scene in the fourth season. Though it was made slightly less random by the fact that one of the main characters confronted him when they saw him, it was never brought up or alluded to again.

It made me think of that scene in The Wire.

To be honest, I was kind of relieved when The Wire was over. Sad, but relieved. It was so depressing to watch.

The best TV programme I've ever watched. I almost cried when I finished watching the last episode.

Recently, I've been trying to get my brothers into The Wire and we ended up watching the pilot. Now I'm seriously considering watching all of Season 1 again.

Best line of the entire series for me

"Shit! What kind of fool gives a duck whiskey, anyhow?

:D

Just finished series 5, it was rounded off really, really well. Put a couple of late spins on characters, brought all the strands together from the entirety of the show.

The Tom Waits montage was a nice touch

(P.S forgot to say - It's over :( )

Edited by dwarf

Dunno if anyone cares or not but Dominic West (McNulty) and Clarke Peters (Freemon) are in a production of Othello in Sheffield next month. Can't wait!

Got my tickets to see this on my birthday. Aww yeeaaah.

Reflecting on the tons of shit that happens in the whole thing. It's like an extension of my life has died.

Reflecting on the tons of shit that happens in the whole thing. It's like an extension of my life has died.

I thought you'd already seen it all from your previous posts for some reason.

But yeah, I know how you feel :(

Ok, I take my last post back - this is the weirdest! The Wire: The Musical. With original cast members.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4b226/the-wire-the-musical-with-michael-kenneth-williams?playlist=featured_videos

"I'm pretty sure David Simon doesn't know they're doing this, but if he did, he'd love it!"

Haha. Though I have mixed feelings about them doing this. Even though it's obviously a pisstake, it cheapens the greatness of the show slightly.