NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Sure i'll add you but its looking like the server wont be getting another month with the lack of users so dont be disapointed.

It is still worth building though as i'll be posting the last backup online for people to download if they want it before the server goes bye bye.

Awesome, thanks a lot! :D I'll just have a look around at what people have done if there's no point starting a big project!

Holy crap, the mod looks great, shame Notch is now making it look crap..

Ok im thinking about resetting the server for a last ditch attempt to drum up interest. Ive downloaded the latest world backup though so we wont lose anything.

Will all of us starting again inspire any of you to give it another go?

I didnt say I was actually gonna do it, just thinking about it and seeing if there was interest.

Might it be worth waiting for the sky dimension to come out before doing a restart? If there's a way we can get to the sky dimension in Multiplayer then we'll all want floating island bases and such and it might be worth doing it then. I imagine it might drum up a bit of interest as well, getting people back to Minecraft.

Looks like we were right to not set up a server again at this point, the interest seems to have dwindled somewhat. I'd say take it down for a while Happenstance, and maybe we can look at bringing a server up around the next major update? I'd be happy to go splits with you.

I have to say - I really want to play portalcraft :D

Yeah, I saw a video of people playing that a few days ago and it looks awesome. Seriously amazed at how they managed to get everything (Well, almost everything but the people playing didn't have the latest version which should have been fixed) to work as well as they did.

I didnt say I was actually gonna do it, just thinking about it and seeing if there was interest.

Perhaps if you're going to do it, try using an interesting world seed like "gargamel".

Really?

I mean...really?

Talk about creativity...man, this Notch guy annoys me.

To be fair to Notch, back in the day of the original survival mode there was a map you could create that would be islands in the air. He had commented at some point around the time I paid for the game (late 2009) that he had planned to make some form of map that would have ground for caves etc whilst still having floating islands above you.

I'm glad he's bringing it back, shame about the timing of the fan mod. But if you look closer at what they're offering, they've still got a lot of cool stuff to try out.

So for some reason I'm no longer seeing any animals in my world. Monsters spawn fine though, its just animals that seem to be a problem. This has been happening since yesterday, even before the update. I've tried the world on multiple computers as well as the applet on minecraft.net. A this point, I'm thinking there must be something corrupt in one of the .mcr files, my player data file is fine.

Lost Custom Map

Think im gonna give this map a download, looks like it would be fun to explore

Im thinking that when the 1.8 update comes out and a lot more of the RPG elements are added to the game I might get another server up and try playing the game like that with a group of people instead of just everyone building stuff.

Yeah, I might get back in to Minecraft around that time.

Those Yogscast guys sound like that Resource Man. Couldn't make it through one minute of that video.