N-Europe

Captain America: The First Avenger

Murr

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get it in the thread...

But yeah, at not even 30 secs of footage, that really was a teaser trailer!

Wasn't really enough in there to establish many thoughts, but still really looking forward to it, I don't think I'll bother with any more trailers now, everything looking good...

...except there's still something not quite right about that helmet... but ah well, it'll only be for this film, and hopefully it'll look better when you see it in more footage.

Hmm.

We'll see.

I predict a perfectly servicable action-adventure film that is neither revelatory nor awful.

I'm more looking foward to Thor as I am not at all sure what to expect from that apart from a teaser released AGES ago. Haven't watched the trailer since.

I love the bit where he's flying through the air, about half way through in slow mo. It feels right out of a comic panel and gives a good feel of what the action will feel like.

I think it looks great, even if the trailer is a little lacking.

I love the bit where he's flying through the air, about half way through in slow mo. It feels right out of a comic panel and gives a good feel of what the action will feel like.

I think it looks great, even if the trailer is a little lacking.

Spot on. I think they'll really nail Cap as an acrobat by the looks of the trailer, which is great. It's exactly how he should fight.

I'm excited. Woo Woo. Think I'll avoid any substantial trailers though- the extended Thor one was a bit of a piss take really.

You guys are ridiculous. I don't understand why you think this movie is going to be so average. Pull your heads out of the sand! Again!

Well ReZ, there is literally no evidence other than hype that suggests what it'll be like quality-wise. The way you feel it will be amazing or greather than every other film this year is the same way I feel that it will end up being average/fine.

There's no "evidence" for either conclusion. ::shrug:

I'm not saying it is definitely one thing or the other (unlike you :p) but yeah...I mean hope for the best, but Marvel films have a history of being slightly disappointing (not all obvs). I hope it's awesome. :bouncy: I'm just getting no awesome feel off it. But like I said, there's been very little to indicate what it'll actually be like.

Paj, have you watched The Rocketeer?

WTF.

- The absolutely SUBLIME cast.

- Outline of film.

- Production pictures, showing designs, visual tone direction.

- Perfect PERFECT director for the movie.

Maybe one of these things alone doesn't point to anything, but come on guys/Paj. Pull your head out the sand.

"You can't see the beach for the sand" - Goverbnaji Gergianto, 1956

Tell me about it.

Olivia-Newton-john.jpeg

Stud.

Well ReZ, there is literally no evidence other than hype that suggests what it'll be like quality-wise.

Would you say that a film written by 50 Cent, directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, art design and direction by Rob Liefeld and starring Rob Schneider....would you say that this film has NO EVIDENCE what it will be like quality-wise.

Because that is what you are saying.

Tell me about it.

Olivia-Newton-john.jpeg

Stud.

I love.

Would you say that a film written by 50 Cent, directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, art design and direction by Rob Liefeld and starring Rob Schneider....would you say that this film has NO EVIDENCE what it will be like quality-wise.

Because that is what you are saying.

Hmm fair enough./bear in mind I hate words/sentences/they can't convey.

I think it's the fact that you're so shocked that people aren't creaming themselves over it that is making me madonnagif. Nothing distinguishes it from any other vague action film so far.

Yeah shut up I just dunno why you seem to KNOW it's amazing.

I love.

Hmm fair enough./bear in mind I hate words/sentences/they can't convey.

I think it's the fact that you're so shocked that people aren't creaming themselves over it that is making me madonnagif. Nothing distinguishes it from any other vague action film so far.

Yeah shut up I just dunno why you seem to KNOW it's amazing.

Well I mean, of course it might be a let down, I know this deep down (and you've made me sick to have to admit it) but I disagree that there is "Nothing distinguishes it from any other vague action film so far".

All the talent involved and their INDIVIDUAL prior works dis-regard-discard-tewb that. IMHO/deal with the facts.

Stud.

Well I mean, of course it might be a let down, I know this deep down (and you've made me sick to have to admit it) but I disagree that there is "Nothing distinguishes it from any other vague action film so far".

All the talent involved and their INDIVIDUAL prior works dis-regard-discard-tewb that. IMHO/deal with the facts.

Stud.

Oh seriously can we please start typing full sentences! It's doing my head in having to read it...

Rez can we just leave this discussion with the following facts:

You - Think this film will be good and you have your reasons which other people not share.

Paj - Has not seen anything to make a judgement on the quality of the film yet for himself. Other people share this view.

Oh seriously can we please start typing full sentences! It's doing my head in having to read it...

Rez can we just leave this discussion with the following facts:

You - Think this film will be good and you have your reasons which other people not share.

Paj - Has not seen anything to make a judgement on the quality of the film yet for himself. Other people share this view.

grease%20eugene.gif