NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

That's too bad, with the Disney mafia ending early and the Firefly mafia just finished, I was actually hoping to sign up for one again. I mean, HP mafia is the only running one now right? Who's next? :D

That's too bad, with the Disney mafia ending early and the Firefly mafia just finished, I was actually hoping to sign up for one again. I mean, HP mafia is the only running one now right? Who's next? :D

There's also the Death Note mafia.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Come on, like I said, I just posted! This day and the previous night were just a bit drawn out though.. But I'll be sending my PM ;).

I want to do a mafia at one point. I'm thinking of doing a high school tv-series mafia, with characters from several series like Veronica Mars, One Tree Hill, 92010, O.C. etc, that way there's plenty of good characters to choose from. Put me at the very bottom of the que for now.

I'm only in one mafia and its slow. I want Bare Bones Mafia.

Currently active Mafia Games

DEATH NOTE Mafia (Diageo)

Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia (Dazz)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Pokemafia 9 : Red and Blue Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Heroes Mafia (By The Peeps)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

High School TV Series Mafia (By Tales)

Edited by ReZourceman

*slap on ReZ's hand* No, no more than two mafias at once.

Does anyone agree on the break that Dannyboy suggested? Because I do. One or two weeks would be good.

I agree with ReZ. NEED MORE MAFIA. We did fine when there were 3 running, yeah?

I'm only in the Death Note one, which is quite a slow mover (I love it tho), and I think enough people are dead in Harry Potter to get a new one going!!!!

I'd actually agree with a break, there have been an awful lot of games lately and I think activity has dropped. Even when there is activity people don't seem to remember what happened earlier in the game.

I suggested a break exactly because of the current inactivity. We've seen it before. After a break people will be craving mafia again.

I'm not massively opposed to a break tbh, but I'm not sure if we could say current acitivity being down is due to burnout. Could be a multiplethoratitude of reasons.

If you don't want to play then don't sign up. If you want a break then have one but please accept that some of us don't need or want one. I'm all for a sign up thread going up but I think we shouldn't have a new game until one of the current ones fully end.

I agree. I think people who want a break should just take one and not force it upon others. We should have a mini-super active mafia with only the most activest of members.

Excuse me, I happen to be one of the more active members. I don't personally want a break. However, I happen to believe that a break might help us out of the current drought. Besides, we've been telling inactive people not to sign up for as long as I can remember, but inactivity still happens.

Sometimes inactivity is a strategy... admittedly not the majority of times though

But inactivity would only ever help the mafia, never the town. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

But inactivity would only ever help the mafia, never the town. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

He's getting at the fact that mafia members use inactivity as a strategy.

He's getting at the fact that mafia members use inactivity as a strategy.

Yeah, I get that, but I'm unsure how it's relevant to the debate. The town does not benefit from inactivity, thus it's in their interest to combat it, but we see games crawling to a halt with little to no activity from neither scumnags nor townies.

I personally was overwhelmed by three mafias at once; it affects all of my games.

I'd also suggest not decreeing that a mafia has to have 20 players min or anything. Mafia games are playable with 7 players. Too many people makes too many rounds makes, sometimes, too much info. I think my mafia will have 12-14 people, maybe less.

No way should anyone say "no more mafia games!" Just pick and choose which you want to play, duh.

Ok, the consensus seems to be "no break" (though I still think a break could help, but whatever)

I do hope we can agree on "no three games at once", though. It reduces attention span in all of these mafias to a third of what they could be.

No way should anyone say "no more mafia games!" Just pick and choose which you want to play, duh.

Still missing the point. I'm don't personally want a break, but I would love to see more activity in the games. Telling inactives not to sign up hasn't worked before and probably won't work now.

You all make it sound like I'm decreeing that mafia games should be halted or something. It was just a suggestion that I think would help create more activity. ::shrug: