Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Men Mafia so far has annoyed me. I'm gonna make a sequel with a better selection of roles, I think. Bad luck and not enough exciting roles has made it stagnant.

TBF it's the first one I've run in like 3 years, so it was a refresher.

I liked the premise of your's Paj, but obviously it just seemed to be ruined after I was unluckily watched after the first night and caught out. Usually its a bit better if the mafia remain aloof for the first night I find, more suspicion and worry.

Also people not playing/ saying anything really are the bane of the mafia games.

Also people not playing/ saying anything really are the bane of the mafia games.

This. It truly is annoying. Granted, it's always slow in the beginning when there's not much info to go by, but people need to get talking and sharing info to really get the game started. That's why I'm loving the current Pokémafia - suspicions and accusations are flying all over the place, and various theories are being discussed. It's great and exactly how a mafia game should be. :D

I think he means a mafia game where communication isn't limited to the thread. Mafia members are already allowed to communicate outside the thread, but not townies (some roles are an exception, for example SPAMBOT's and my Plusle and Minun roles in an earlier Pokémafia game).

Yeah this. It would probably turn out shit like most of my other ideas but I think if people were allowed to talk secretly with each other it may lead to some conniving and suspicion of sorts. Or it may not, I don't know.

I like the sounds of it, but surely the mafia could just run riot on that. And people who have more free time to pm etc would have a much wider influence than people who have less time and so won't be free to converse as much.

When I get back from work, I'm glad I have posts to read in the mafia thread so I can catch up with what's happening.

Does any of that make any sense to anyone else?

I like the sounds of it, but surely the mafia could just run riot on that. And people who have more free time to pm etc would have a much wider influence than people who have less time and so won't be free to converse as much.

When I get back from work, I'm glad I have posts to read in the mafia thread so I can catch up with what's happening.

Does any of that make any sense to anyone else?

Yeah, and I agree. While it could certainly be interesting to try, I think it'd be too hard to follow. Too complicated.

I've been liking the pokémafias a lot. Plenty of finger-pointing there.

The only role I dislike is that of the silencer. It worsens the problem of inactivity, which is why I gave more creative roles to the mafiosos on the last mafia game I ran.

Speaking of which, I was thinking of running one as soon as I returned back from vacation, though there are plenty of people interested in doing that as well :heh:

If they can get them up in time sure. :p Like I said I absolutely think we could handle three at a time. There's still 1 other person that needs to write roles, do sign ups and start and in that time the X-Mafia will have probably finished, which if we use the "three max" rule then that still leaves two spaces.

Plus my next one will be awesome as fuck.

My favourite mafia game is still the first video game one. So much interesting stuff happened to me in that one - I was outed as neutral near the start but I explained it away, I had my power removed, I was recruited into a group, I gained a new power, the group I was in was stopped, I helped destroy the mafia then I stole the whole thing at the very end because I twisted something in the write-up to make it sound like it was referring to someone else.

My favourite mafia game is still the first video game one. So much interesting stuff happened to me in that one - I was outed as neutral near the start but I explained it away, I had my power removed, I was recruited into a group, I gained a new power, the group I was in was stopped, I helped destroy the mafia then I stole the whole thing at the very end because I twisted something in the write-up to make it sound like it was referring to someone else.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. If I was alive at the time, I would've exposed that hole-filled story of yours.

But nooo... The mafia don had to be a complete dick and sacrifice a henchman in order to kill me.

I've always liked that one you ran, where I was a mafioso Zapp Brannigan with triple vote.

Man, Nintendohnut figured us out for ages, but we forced him to help us achieve victory. And we would've done it faster, if Mundi hadn't confessed by accident.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!