NEurope

What are your favourite or funniest videogame death scenes/ game over screens

Some memorable ones.

the chiki chiki one in the above vid is pretty funny

Edited by mcj metroid

Posted this in the arcade game thread.

Always gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

And of course, there's....

I really like Bayonetta's "THE WITCH HUNT ARE OVER" screen.

for the most ridiculous that award goes to Too Human where a Valkyrie comes down in his own time and takes your body and then descends back up to the sky. This happens each time you die. :p

The awesomeness of Goemon includes game over screens as well :D

That's probably the worst part about Too Human.

Every part of Too Human was the worst part.

I disagree, and I hope that Silicon Knights gets around to making the sequel. It had it's problems, but they laid the groundwork for a unique model of gameplay that could truly be awesome with more refinement. I only played Too Human recently, but after playing it I was messing around in The Force Unleashed and found myself attempting to use the right-stick to control my attacks.

The awesomeness of Goemon includes game over screens as well :D

LOL :laughing: How come I never saw that screen? It's like, "If you die, you must watch dancing homoerotic Onis!"

LOL :laughing: How come I never saw that screen? It's like, "If you die, you must watch dancing homoerotic Onis!"

More like "you have the privilege of watching them flex their muscles and gyrate their hips just for you" ;D

But yeah, I actually didn't even remember the first N64 Goemon had a game over screen like that as well...I wonder if I ever even saw it. However, the second one I'll always remember, as the difficulty makes sure you'll run into it quite a lot. Also, by pressing "A" you can make the oni gyrate faster and faster :D

More like "you have the privilege of watching them flex their muscles and gyrate their hips just for you" ;D

But yeah, I actually didn't even remember the first N64 Goemon had a game over screen like that as well...I wonder if I ever even saw it. However, the second one I'll always remember, as the difficulty makes sure you'll run into it quite a lot. Also, by pressing "A" you can make the oni gyrate faster and faster :D

Yes, yes I so agree!

And you so beat me to posting these! No fair!!! :P

What are your favourite or funniest videogame death scenes/ game over screens

Some memorable ones.

The Karateka clip (near the end of the second vid) was hilarious! Random titbit about Karateka:

The Apple II version came on one apparently single-sided disk. As an easter egg, a second version of the game was placed on the flip side of the disk. If one put the disk into the drive upside-down, the game played identically to the first side, except that the game was displayed vertically flipped. According to Mechner, this was done as a joke, causing naive users to call tech support and ask why the game was upside-down. Invariably, they would receive the reply, "take the disk out, insert it right-side up, and reboot.