N-Europe

Inception

ReZourceman

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le sigh.

He hasn't seen his kids for ages, he wants to verify that his world is a reality, he wants to remember them, his Grandmother barely lets him talk to them. He has plenty of money and is living comfortably in France. They could just come over to visit.

Le sigh.

He hasn't seen his kids for ages, he wants to verify that his world is a reality, he wants to remember them, his Grandmother barely lets him talk to them. He has plenty of money and is living comfortably in France. They could just come over to visit.

Surely a sigh of tiredness!

I'm sure their grandma wouldn't let them go over (as someone who seemed to be their guardian) considering she thinks he'd murdered his wife. Plus, he is a wanted criminal (IMDB quote "but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved."); I honestly don't see how he was living 'comfortably', exactly. He had money but was constantly performing dangerous and illegal jobs; a conman and a thief, he's not exactly on the right side of the law. His kids shouldn't have that kind of life. Plus, he wanted to see them in the particular scenario he had in his mind, which was in his house.

In the end anyway he basically gives up on defining reality and is satisfied with living his life how it is no matter what the truth.

Edited by Sheikah

Just been to see this. Really enjoyed it. Haven't read the thread so my initial thoughts are:

I thought I'd nailed it up until the last few seconds of the film with the totem thing. This made me ponder that the whole thing was a big dream that he is stuck in which is awesome. Loved how Nolan cut it there to keep us pondering if it was a dream or not. After thinking for a while I reckon it was and that Dom is stuck or doesn't want to come out of it and that crazy wifey was right all along.

Too many things in the last scenes of the film also make me think this. US citizen needing a visa card to enter US? You don't get a stamp in your passport on return to your native country do you? I don't really know but if you don't then there are some obvious hints there I think. And how did Sir Caine meet him in LA when he was in seemingly in Europe. Plus the kids didn't look any older. Interestings. Love it.

Apologies if you've already discussed that but wanted to get my thoughts in before I start reading the thread.