NEurope
Paj!

Thor: The Movie

So to get the discussions rolling...

Upcoming Upcoming Thor film seems to be the talk of the town

thorchrishemsworth.gif

Come in people-who-didn't-post-in-the-comics thread!

Edited by Mr_Odwin

I've not seen any real pictures of him before or after.

I'm optimistic for it though, I know only a few images have leaked, but I sense a nice, clean visual aesthetic to the whole thing so far. Hope the story's good. I heard it's based on some of JSM's Thor, but I haven't read that.

Looking foward to Natalie Portman as Jane Foster though...her immaculate face can only add.

Portman adds win to everything. She's adorable.

and yeah the aesthetic is cool. Totally not what I expected but I think it works to create a genuine sense of 'other'

Exactly. Since I kinda had no interest in a Thor movie when it was mentioned, and heard it would be an "epic", I imagined like Clash of the Titans, mythical generica, but of course Norse stuff, and especially how it's portrayed in the comics is a bit different.

I never really understood the idea of Thor as a superhero. If it was someone with similar powers using the name Thor then I would, but as it's actually supposed to BE Thor...it just seems wrong somehow.

Concept-wise, it's like a really clumsy, knock-off version of Wonder Woman.

I never really understood the idea of Thor as a superhero. If it was someone with similar powers using the name Thor then I would, but as it's actually supposed to BE Thor...it just seems wrong somehow.

It makes more sense when you view the Marvel universe as a whole, because Asgard is actually a place where Enchantress and Odin and stuff have their say and their own lives.

For example, this, amazing with guns.

Yeah, it's not really just Thor, other people interact with Asgard like X-Men/New Mutants every so often, and as Chair said, various other villains and heroes have Asgardian origins.

We all love Valkyrie.

newultimates1_valkyrie.jpg

This looks cheesy like the first Spiderman film.

It feels like the whole film is being made out of green goblins suit. :heh:

Natalie Portman (Jane Foster) and Kat Dennings (Darcy) @ Comic Con...

33081portman4122193lo.jpg

LOVELY!!

And great to finally see all these cast members coming together for everything!!

All I'm questioning is who Enchantress is going to be played by, and how they'll make her hair look as big as it does in the comics.

I fear she won't be there. And I'm annoyed. Or she'll be relegated to cameo.

She's actually one of the few prominent female villains in the Marvel U!