N-Europe

Green Lantern

Happenstance

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna go today to the crappy Odeon in town but now I think im gonna wait. Going to the Odeon means walking to the next village for a bus and then paying extra for the cinema. When I was still uber excited for the movie I was willing to do that but I just cant be arsed now. I will probably just wait until Wednesday now and use Orange Wednesdays at the Cineworld.

I was also going to see it tonight but with <25% at RT, I think I'll skip it. Not worth it for going to cineworld on a packed Friday evening showing and paying £7.50 each plus petrol.

ReZ, your review will be a waste of effort, we all know what you're going to say already.

I was also going to see it tonight but with <25% at RT, I think I'll skip it. Not worth it for going to cineworld on a packed Friday evening showing and paying £7.50 each plus petrol.

ReZ, your review will be a waste of effort, we all know what you're going to say already.

I love Spider-Man as a character and the first film is shit, so I'm not going to be biased. :p

Yeah I do love Green Lantern quite a lot to be honest. But...as I said in ReZDaily yesterday, which you scum bags havn't watched/have watched and havn't commented on how awesome and hilarious it was, I might forgive it for things, or I might be harder on things, we don't know which way it will go yet. But I will be very extensive in my review, and set out spoilers clearly to be avoidable.

I will just scale this to clarify win bubbles;

My love for stuff scale

1000 - Invincible.

750 - Green Lantern.

650 - Spider-Man.

0 - 52

-500 - Ultimatum

FYI, there is a scene "part way" through the credits apparently. Or after the "main/glitzy" credits. And I read on CBR there is an advert for the comics at the very end. Don't know if the UK will get that advert though. I doubt it. I'll stay till end anyway though. :p

The Missing Names From The Green Lantern Movie

When watching Green Lantern, and we know many of you will, waiting for the extra scene during the credits, make a note of what isn’t there.

No mention of the original Green Lantern creator, Marty Nodell, or its writer, Bill Finger.

No mention of those who created the Hal Jordan Green Lantern, John Broome and Gil Kane. Who created Sinestro, the Green Lantern Corps, Hector Hammond and Carol Ferris. The best you’ll get is a bar in the movie, called Broome’s Bar.

No mention of Alfred Bester, the writer who created the Green Lantern oath, so prominent in the film.

There is mention of Geoff Johns as a co-producer. And it is his books that get seen at the end of the movie, with a name credit for him.

Just not for the people who actually created the characters.

Now you didn’t see Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, Chris Claremont, Dave Cockrum, John Byrne, Grant Moirrison or Frank Quitely in the recent X-Men First Class. But that was a Fox film. The Marvel Studios film of Thor not only credited Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby, but also Walt Simonson and JMS. And the Green Lantern film is made by the owners of DC Comics.

Now there is no legal necessity for DC and Warners to list their names in the movie. But it does seem jarring that in a movie that cost hundreds of millions, about someone doing the right thing, no matter how difficult, nobody could find a way to solve this one.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/17/the-missing-names-from-the-green-lantern-movie/

Bit of a crappy move

FYI, there is a scene "part way" through the credits apparently. Or after the "main/glitzy" credits. And I read on CBR there is an advert for the comics at the very end. Don't know if the UK will get that advert though. I doubt it. I'll stay till end anyway though. :p
I think it was the IGN review that said, that scene was a bit stupid and if they were going to include it, it should have been during the film or something...

... I'm gonna guess it's maybe Sinestro related?... hmm...

Somehow the fact you liked it might make me want to go see it.

In fact was up for going tonight but le gf is tired :(

Edit: convinced her! Non-GL-fanatic's opinion to follow!

Edited by Shorty

Epic fail.

Went to the cinema, drove around in circles for about 20-25 minutes (with about 20 other cars doing the same) looking for a parking space. In the end, decided I was fed up, had missed the start of the film and might not even be able to get tickets anyway so came home!