N-Europe

Green Lantern

Happenstance

Just read IGNs review:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175316p2.html

Another one that doesnt like it. If there had been a bit of a mixture between people liking it and not then I might have felt better but its just starting to look like everyones original thoughts that it looked crap after the first trailer was shown were well founded.

Of course I will still go see it and hope to enjoy it but a lot of my excitement for the movie has disappeared. Shame for DC as well, this was their chance to branch out past Superman and Batman.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'll wait to see this on DVD... after having seen Thor I want a bit of a Comic Book movie break before Captain America next month! :yay:

Seriously, do you want a fucking slap? Please go see this at the cinema, it needs every ounce of money it can get. Please. Cap is agggeesss away, over 6 weeks.

Pwease. :(

Even Tron has an internal logic to it, though. A really purddy one.

So does a man dressing up like a Bat to fight crime

Yeah, but he's still human without silly powers (albeit a really quite unhinged one).

I'm still super looking forward to this. Haters gonna hate. And lollers gonna LOL (dat's meeee).

Edited by Daft

Well, I'd rather be surprised by a shit film than let down by a good one.

Exactly, expectation determines all judgement on films (well anything I guess). The amount of times I've been disappointed by supposedly great films and then pleasantly surprised by seemingly dross... The thing is, with the internet and that damn curiosity and impatience getting in the way, it's proving ever more difficult to stay objective!

This looks terrible in every way so hopeful it'll be the latter! :)

Yeah, but he's still human without silly powers (albeit a really quite unhinged one).
All you have to believe is that there are other things in the universe!

Anyway Rez, I know you want people to support it, understandably... but means paying to see a bad film!... that IGN review made it sound pretty awful, and the trailers have given a lot away anyway.

Edited by Retro_Link

AICN who I trust, one review up from them at the moment (didn't read it due to spoilers, so just read the first paragraph), it said that it starts off "terrible" and is for a large chunk but gets really good/amazing at the end (paraphrasing).

I still have hope.

3598258713_abc7570bac.jpg

Even in the brainless world of cinematic comic books gone bad, it's as bad as it gets -- a dumb, pointless, ugly, moronic and incomprehensible jumble of botched effects, technical blunders, and cluttered chaos.

Yeeesh! I have a lot of love for GL but this looks rotten. Ah well, at least Marvel know what the fuck they're doing.

If Captain America sucks I might cry.

I like the Marvel films but there's something strangely contrived about them. I guess the upside is you generally avoid stinkers but never really rise to any height whereas DC produce mostly utter garbage with a few stunning exceptions like The Dark Knight, Watchmen and The Losers.