NEurope
Eenuh

Help with shoessss (girls mostly)

I was going to post this in the Purchases thread, but seeing how that is now impossible, I'll just make a new thread!

Anyway since I'm lacking summer shoes other than a pair of sandals, I figured I would buy a pair today. I ended up with ballerina shoes or flats or whatever you call them. Sorta like these (just a different colour).

BALLET2-white.jpg

I already hate them.

Basically they keep slipping off my feet, and they're really hurting my heels, cutting them open and making them blister (this is from wearing them for only three hours, while mostly just sitting on a chair!).

So now I'm wondering if there's anyone here (I assume girls) who knows what I can do about this? Is it just me having problems with these type of shoes, or do other people just pretend they're fine? =(

I spose it's a bit too late to be taking them back? Otherwise I'm fairly useless, I rarely buy shoes and if they're shit I keep wearing them til my feet die or the shoes learn their goddamn lesson. There's also alot less to go wrong with dude shoes, maybe. I dunno, I very rarely wear the lady shoes instead.

Yeah don't think I can take them back. Plus I really need shoes and it's one of the few that I could still find (most stores have switched to winter collection already). =(

I dunno, sometimes shoes just need to be worn into shape. But like Rummy, I'm no shoes expert, either.

Woah there, I never said I wasn't a shoe expert, and I find your assumption slightly offensive. Though I'll be honest, I'm no shoe expert. I actually do need to purchase some new shoes at some point.

Totally not relevant at all btw, what colour were the ones you got, Eenuh?

Call me an incredibly fashionable hunk, but where ever I go I wear sandals in the summer. I started this summer with a pair of plimmy's but they completely shredded my feet.

Woah there, I never said I wasn't a shoe expert, and I find your assumption slightly offensive. Though I'll be honest, I'm no shoe expert. I actually do need to purchase some new shoes at some point.

Totally not relevant at all btw, what colour were the ones you got, Eenuh?

I'm sorry. No offense intended at all. You did say "I'm fairly useless", and that is entirely what my assumption was based upon.

Soon as I saw that picture I thought "I don't like them", then I saw your comment. We're on the same wavelength, I like.

I am curious as to how you're meant to keep your feet in those bad boys. Extremely heavy toes I guess.

According to my knowledge of women (which comes predominantly from watching Friends) they don't. Women like a shoe that makes them suffer apparently.

Hm... i'm a girl but i hate pumps with a passion, precisely for the reasons you mentioned. Haven't owned a pair in YEARS and only worn them when i was forced to.

What i'd recommend would be getting those- what do u call them... they're like first aid plasters (bandages?) in reverse. Here, they're called Compeed, if i'm not mistaken. U apply them to your shoe, on the heel, not on the foot. Because they have a bit of foam in them, they stop the foot from slipping out of the shoe and make it a bit more comfortable to wear. I used to wear them with high heels and they worked a treat!

Hope this helps! :)

Compeed blister packs! I always hear the phrase on the tellyvee, but I honestly never really paid enough attention to consider what they were for. It just made me think of plastic packaging really.

Female shoes are basically just a more socially acceptable form of Chinese foot binding. Oddly a lot of women appear to suffer from some form of Stockholm syndrome, revering their captors as they hurt and damage their feet.

Rummy: they're a very dark grey, pretty much almost black but not really. =P

Rinha: I used to have something like that for older shoes I owned, but seems I lost it. I might have to buy some again then, hope that will help!

As for the shoe itself, I bought them cause apart from sandals, there isn't much you can wear during summer if you're wearing shorts or skirts or whatever. I'm not a fan of it but yeah...

insoles may help the fit and might make them more comfortable... Pumps (especially the cheap ones) are really very uncomfortable.. and very badly fitting for most

I recommend Hush Puppies, if your budget can stretch to them!

insoles may help the fit and might make them more comfortable... Pumps (especially the cheap ones) are really very uncomfortable.. and very badly fitting for most

Indeed, thats a good recommendation... Hush Puppies' shoes are brilliant. :grin:

And because pumps do tend to get wider with time, insoles are definitely a good idea as well!

I put in an insole haha. It seemed to help a bit in the store, but as soon as I wore them outside today it didn't seem to have any effect anymore! =(

As for budget, these shoes cost €45. I feel ripped off! As for Hush Puppies, haven't really seen pumps by them around here I think.

Insoles won't help as (unless I misunderstood your post) it's the rim of the shoe that is causing you problems. Wearing them in won't be able to help either (only very slightly). As has been said you can wear one of the compeed blister patches or just a normal plaster (or band aid whatever term you use).

You could use vaseline on the back of the shoe or your heel. But it may feel a bit unpleasant, and probably won't help with it slipping off. You can make your own lubricant from 1 cup of A&D ointment, 1 cup of vaseline, 0.25 cup of vit E cream and 0.25 cup of aloe vera cream. It will work as a lub and help soothe and heal your skin.

Insoles won't help as (unless I misunderstood your post) it's the rim of the shoe that is causing you problems. Wearing them in won't be able to help either (only very slightly). As has been said you can wear one of the compeed blister patches or just a normal plaster (or band aid whatever term you use).

You could use vaseline on the back of the shoe or your heel. But it may feel a bit unpleasant, and probably won't help with it slipping off. You can make your own lubricant from 1 cup of A&D ointment, 1 cup of vaseline, 0.25 cup of vit E cream and 0.25 cup of aloe vera cream. It will work as a lub and help soothe and heal your skin.

The insole is there to keep my foot from slipping out. Obviously not working well enough heh. And before anyone says "should've gotten a smaller size", the smaller one didn't fit. =P

Not sure vaseline would help though, think that would make it even more slippery heh. I think I'm gonna give the compeed stuff a try, if I manage to find any. =)

she said they were slipping off as well as cutting.... If they fit better theres less movement and less rubbing. Doesn't eliminate the problem but it helps (from my experience)

The problem is that shoes are generically made and are very often poorly fitting. I have to wear expensive trainers all of the time because my feet are arthritic and oddly shaped =(

Yes, ine, isnt that the worst thing?! UK 7 would be my normal size, but I have to buy too big size 8's to bloody fit... arrrrrrrghh hateful!

Get those shoes with in a shoe with in a shoe. Like a Russian doll thing.

I may have made that up!

or the heels with no heel. :o or the ones fashioned in the shape of a skelltual bone. YEAH!

Definitely get one with no laces because laces are a complex task that should be avoided.

/fails at basic functioning tasks.

Anyway the other week I bought some sexy new brown shoes and slipped them on my feet for an epic waddle to my friends house and without realising it sheered off the back of my heels both sides and I ended up with gaping round blister holes in the back of my feet. tasty.

I could barely walk or other dramatic over the top words!

the only way to fix this problem is to by better shoes OR walk bare feet. There is a surprisingly little amount of broken shards of glass on the streets. trust me. :)

Get those shoes with in a shoe with in a shoe. Like a Russian doll thing.

I may have made that up!

or the heels with no heel. :o or the ones fashioned in the shape of a skelltual bone. YEAH!

Definitely get one with no laces because laces are a complex task that should be avoided.

/fails at basic functioning tasks.

Anyway the other week I bought some sexy new brown shoes and slipped them on my feet for an epic waddle to my friends house and without realising it sheered off the back of my heels both sides and I ended up with gaping round blister holes in the back of my feet. tasty.

I could barely walk or other dramatic over the top words!

the only way to fix this problem is to by better shoes OR walk bare feet. There is a surprisingly little amount of broken shards of glass on the streets. trust me. :)

Heh I actually walked home from work bare feet. Though the walk is only about ten minutes, in a street where there's pretty much no people out to see you. =P

I bought these shoes to take with me to London for walking around there, but seems I won't even be able to use them at this rate haha. Fail.

Seriously more people need to walk bare footed it hardens up your feet and after a while you are prepared for all of life's tasks. :D

Oh at home I usually walk around without shoes or anything, even outside in the garden. Much to the annoyance of my mom heh. Dirty feet and all that. =P

Today I touched a starfish in inter-mate places. :)

Irrelevant to the thread but trying to make you feel normal for not wearing shoes. :D

I don't wear shoes, they are restrictive I need my feet so I can pick things up and pretend to be one of those jungle beasts.*

EDIT: *a monkey. >___>

After extensive use of google images, I think you should just wear these.

lady-gaga-grammy-shoes.jpg

red-shoes001.jpg

aadog-final.jpg

I'm sure they're comfortable and easy on the feet :)