NEurope
Dan_Dare

Awesome-o 5000

What's incredible is that something as insanely beautiful as that can be found in pure nature. :o

Its not photoshopped or anything!! =P

They do use a lot of filters to make it possible to see the colours, though, don't they? I believe I've read something about those images not being visibe in reality as they consist of different particles which they then highlight with different colours to make them visible. But I could be wrong. Someone with astrophysical knowledge please enlighten us on this matter. Puns intended.

They do use a lot of filters to make it possible to see the colours, though, don't they? I believe I've read something about those images not being visibe in reality as they consist of different particles which they then highlight with different colours to make them visible. But I could be wrong. Someone with astrophysical knowledge please enlighten us on this matter. Puns intended.

Good article about it all here, if you can wrap your head around it all. The images I've posted here are shot in visible and non-visible spectrum (I think).

Mr_Odwin's dad. Or, at least, what Odwin's dad dreams himself to be.

(uber-hoping someone else remembers...)

I do haha!

As for that artist, kinda freaky, but there's this guy in Spain who does exactly the same. He sprays paintings of planets and pyramids and oceans and trees in no time at all, using the same methods as this guy.

And then he sells it to overly impressed tourists. =P

How fun it must be to be a crab, spinning like that every day.

RE: Super fast spray artist - I saw someone do that in Stockholm. Very impressive. Perhaps wasn't as quick as that but this guy was going big posters using the same techniques.

Mr_Odwin's dad. Or, at least, what Odwin's dad dreams himself to be.

(uber-hoping someone else remembers...)

The latter. :(

They do the same thing for nature programs filmed underwater. They can't use torches to see the fish down there or something so they use filters on the shots done under massive magnification.

I've been a spacey sort of a mood recently, so here's an oldie but goldie - that footage of the Saturn V launch of Apollo 11 that you've probably seen in just about every documentary ever produced about space, propulsion or David Bowie. For your reference: