NEurope
Dan_Dare

Awesome-o 5000

New thread? New thread!

So we have the (excellent) funny videos thread on this very page but I reckon it needs a companion piece- somewhere we can post enlightening, awesome, spectacular and generally excellent finds we've unearthed on the vast landfill of information and dross that is The Internet.

Doesn't matter what it is. If you think it's interesting and cool, post it.

first up:

The Actual God Damn Future. Particularly cool for me as a would be journalist as it's a kind of preview of what I'll hopefully be doing with my life in a couple of years time.

This is the ipad version of Sports Illustrated. Very interesting use of technology.

That is pretty interesting (especially, as you say, from your perspective)...and a possible "future". Though it makes me sad for books and magazines. :(

A-sinkhole-in-downtown-Gu-009.jpg

Not: A Locust attack from popular videogame Gears of War

Actually: A sinkhole in Guatemala, central America. Torrential underground waterflow caused by tropical storm Agatha has eroded the limestone bedrock, collapsing the intersection.

It looks like a shot from an apocalyptic film, and not anywhere on Earth at the moment.

Though it makes me sad for books and magazines. :(

NO matter what it does some people are just gonna prefer looking at a physical magazine or newspaper or a book.

it's a great idea though

A-sinkhole-in-downtown-Gu-009.jpg

Not: A Locust attack from popular videogame Gears of War

Actually: A sinkhole in Guatemala, central America. Torrential underground waterflow caused by tropical storm Agatha has eroded the limestone bedrock, collapsing the intersection.

If I ever decide to kill myself, its gonna be by jumping into that hole!

it's a great idea though

It would be extremely and utterly awesome when they make paper thin (and flexible) screens/computers. Then we'll get the newspapers seen in Firefly (and probably a load of other shows).

Yeah that probably is the future of "print" journalism eg newspapers and instead of paying per issue you would pay a subscription fee. But seriously, for such a quiet activity like reading that has got to be the loudest magazine I have ever heard!

Is it actually just a black hole at the bottom of that sink hole? It just seems to suddenly end, as though the black bit has been photoshopped in.

A simple idea immaculately produced and executed.

That was awesome.

Presumably It's just how far the lighting penetrates from the angle of the camera, much like how you can't see the bottom of a well.

Alternatively; It's a gateway to a hellish under-realm populated by subterranean nightmare beasts that hunger for human flesh.

If I ever decide to kill myself, its gonna be by jumping into that hole!

From a plane I hope.

Alternatively; It's a gateway to a hellish under-realm populated by subterranean nightmare beasts that hunger for human flesh.

Titans1.jpg

That's a funny-picture-thing. Stop trying to be anarchistic and play by the rules, murray.

There are reports that one or two people might have disappeared into that sinkhole when it appeared.

Can you imagine dying that way. Goddamn. You'd think you were having a nightmare, just falling and falling into darkness. How long would you have? How much of that time would you spend wondering what the fuck just happened?

For the topic: these shoes are awesome.

That's a funny-picture-thing. Stop trying to be anarchistic and play by the rules, murray.

"I...don't care? Yeah there we go."

Disregarding the delightful example set by others of your staff team, it was simply a picture reply relevant to Dan's post about monsters existing in a hole.

For the topic: these shoes are awesome.

Some of them are genius. Just noticed a reply made on the page:

If John Lennon were alive to discover his face was being painted upon Nike shoes, the corporate company which uses slave labour, he would not be best pleased. Great artwork, but just consider your audience.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY