N-Europe

E3 wii speculation thread 2010 edition

darkjak

Can pretty much guarantee PokéPark Wii will get its US date at E3

Zelda wii, 3ds and pokemon black and white will be the highlight for me. If the way they show off the 3ds and new zelda is anything like the 2004 show (where they first showed the ds and twilight princess) then were in for a treat.

Pretty sure Black & White will be a noshow

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo unleash the ultimate A-bomb: Nintendo have bought back Rare, for less than a tenth of what Microsoft payed for the company.

Perfect Dark and Banjo Threeie are due for release in 2011, while Blast Corps will be out for Wiiware later this year.

They'd need to buy more than Rare. They'd need to get the Stamper Bros. back too.

ha those days were good too, got shitty during the gamecube era though.

Well it would, only releasing one game :heh:

I still hate the fact that Donkey Kong Racing was never released.

GOD DAMN IT! :woops:

Yes but my love for Donkey Kong is so strong that I would have adored it anyway.

...And in my opinion it looked great, riding Rambi about some mountains, riding Enguardé in under water races, what could be better?!

funny remember when nintendo sold rare to microsoft and everybody shat their pants about how nintendo was doomed

Did they have any choice? Nintendo only ever owned 49% of RARE. When the other 51% was sold to Microsoft, there was really no point Nintendo owning 49% of it, when Microsoft had the controlling power.

IGN's Most Anticipated Games

Out of all the staff only one staff member mentions Nintendo.

It's easy for me to take the easy way out and simply say "Zelda Wii 2," but honestly, I'm way more stoked for the 3DS. We don't know much about the tech beyond its stereoscopic abilities, nor do we know what the library's going to be, but you can bet that the system's first generation will have a Super Mario game to drive sales to the new hardware. New Super Mario Bros. 3D would be a fantastic first-shot experience to show old-school ideas in a new-school visual way.

funny remember when nintendo sold rare to microsoft and everybody shat their pants about how nintendo was doomed

those were the days

I remember thinking so - if you were an avid N64-er like myself, you appreciated the fact that Rare pretty much kept that console alive for you - virtually all of their games were fucking epic.

Saying that, I hated Starfox Adventures (although it was a very purdy looking game) - but then I was never a big fan of the cube anyway.

Star Fox Adventures wasn't great, there really isn't much question about that.

Speak for yourself, I loved Starfox Adventures. Fantastic game, with a few puzzles in particular that makes even the ones in Zelda look simple and dull.

Originally Posted by Craig Harris, Nintendo Executive Editor

but you can bet that the system's first generation will have a Super Mario game to drive sales to the new hardware. New Super Mario Bros. 3D would be a fantastic first-shot experience to show old-school ideas in a new-school visual way.

but a first generation mario title hasn't happened properly since the n64.. Sure the gba and ds had remakes... but they completely ran out of mario platformers to remake unless they're going to try super mario sunshine lol

Did they have any choice? Nintendo only ever owned 49% of RARE. When the other 51% was sold to Microsoft, there was really no point Nintendo owning 49% of it, when Microsoft had the controlling power.

If i recall, Nintendo were offered the chance to buy that 51% but chose not to. Bet they were glad of that extra cash though- it paid for the whopping EU fine Nintendo were issued.