N-Europe

Buying a new Laptop

jayseven

Dell 14z from Amazon, £399.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0036TGP7O/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

You can get more powerful machines for the money, but they won't have 8 hours of battery life and they'll be a bit heavier. It depends what you use it for though, you might have need for something with more grunt.

That is very expensive for what he needs though. He doesn't need a powerful machine if he's only streaming stuff online and internet browsing.

• 2 months later...

I hear two manufacturers here that I say avoid like the plague.

Dell and Lenovo. Utter crap components in lappies and awful after sales service.

The amount of problems I see and have to try and fix with these brands are unbelievable. Perhaps it's just due to the huge uptake of them and that's the most type that I see but I'm not impressed.

Get yourself an ACER, they have a huge range of specs to suit anyones budget and are far more stable machines.

The trouble with laptops is that people use them as often as a desktop. That really was never the purpose of a laptop. Sadly they don't have the same air flow as a large cavity desktop, therefore, prone to breaking done after constant usage.

I know people like the portability and the space saving of them, but if you are a constant user, do consider a desktop instead.