N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops

CoolFunkMan

I was surprised that they didn't get rid of stopping power when they got rid of juggernaut tbh. They seemed like two sides of the same coin. But quickscoping should be harder now without sleight of hand, and explosions do far less damage. Seems like they are getting rid of the main causes of grief. :)

Pretty sure Sleight of Hand is still there.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this looks awesome, better than MW2 IMO.

I agree with you! Quick, get the champagne!

Holy shit, I've only now realised... I won't be able to combine cold blooded and scavenger in this one. WHYYYYYYYYYY??????

Although, scavenger + sleight of hand sounds interesting. 3rd perk is useless, as usual. At least Ninja's back!

I'm so pleased I can use Scavenger and Bling together now, I hated that about MW2.

Right now I'm thinking of the equivalent of a Scar with a silencer and scavenger... only this time I can actually have extended mags as well as plenty of ammo... oh boy... that got me all wet! I mean, I once pulled of a 22 killstreak with Scar silenced + scavenger/cold blooded/ninja (which is saying a lot since I don't use killstreak rewards), just imagining that effect ripple if I had 10 more bullets per mag. *drool*

Although this could potentially increase the amount of tubes, what with that extra slot.

Also, I think there should be a playlist without perks, it'd be quite cool.

Ah, fuck it, as long as marathon+lightweight is still around, I'll have a blast anyway.

Just before I stopped borrowing MW2 I was testing out the RPD, and was loving it. I used stopping power without a silencer, which I always use, and it gave me some great scores as well as enjoyable games. Plus, Scavenger isn't as necessary when you're using LMGs.

Yeah they make you sluggish, but they are so great for quick kills, and awesome at most distances. Use sleight of hand and stopping power with the RPD and you'll see for yourself. Was the perfect class to mix things up a bit, without doing it at the expense of just substituting for a weaker weapon/class.

Just before I stopped borrowing MW2 I was testing out the RPD, and was loving it. I used stopping power without a silencer, which I always use, and it gave me some great scores as well as enjoyable games. Plus, Scavenger isn't as necessary when you're using LMGs.

Yeah they make you sluggish, but they are so great for quick kills, and awesome at most distances. Use sleight of hand and stopping power with the RPD and you'll see for yourself. Was the perfect class to mix things up a bit, without doing it at the expense of just substituting for a weaker weapon/class.

If you're using stopping power on anything but FAMAS/M16, you're doing it wrong.

Incorrect. Not if you put silencers on weapons - it almost universally helps to have stopping power.

Unless my stat sites are lying.

I'm not saying it doesn't help, why on earth would everyone be using stopping power if it didn't help?

What I'm saying is that stopping power makes the game ridiculously easy and broken... which is why it's being removed. The only weapons it does make sense to use it with are the FAMAS and M16, to ensure one burst kills.

I'm glad they're taking it out!

I just use it so that I can compete a bit more. I'd use cold blooded on every class if it didn't boost weapons by so much.

that's me. mr cold blooded. Except for my run'n'gun class, of course. it's quite cool using cold blooded/ninja/silencer as you really rack up on kills, and never get frustrated at the thermals/heartbeat sensors/chopper gunners/pave lows, plus people only notice you if you want them to. So when I do die, I never get infuriated, because I know whoever killed me deserved it. I dunno, it just makes the game much more bearable, personally.

Yeah, but lots of the time you can get away without cold blooded if you're playing well and have a good team.

I think we discussed the whole thing before, but the bottom line is that I like being technically as powerful as everyone else. I find when it gets to close quarters it can help a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guess who you'll play as in Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombie mode when co-operatively protecting the Pentagon from zombies:

Former US president Richard Nixon? Yes.

Former US president John F. Kennedy? Yes.

Former US secretary of defense Robert McNamara? Yes.

Cuban revolutionary and subsequent state leader Fidel Castro? Yes.

The four political leaders come together under the premise of a hush-hush meeting at the Pentagon. Cigars are smoked and shady looks traded until the sound of gunfire spooks McNamara. Kennedy passes this off as the sound of a storm until crazed monsters overrun the facility.

"Zombies," states Kennedy as a matter of fact. "Gentlemen, at times like these our capacity to retaliate must be and has to be massive to deter all forms of aggression."

The late president thumps the Great Seal of the United States on the wall and a secret room opens before him. Inside are walls filled with weaponry.

"Gentlemen," says Kennedy, "lock and load."

Robo_Nixon.png

NIXON'S BACK!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!